• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

No "Rangers," But New "Quantum Leap" at Sci-Fi??

Re: No \"Rangers,\" But New \"Quantum Leap\" at Sci-Fi

Hmm, must be a past life issue. Let's ask John Edwards. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif Or Shirley McClain. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Scrap my first idea: Shirley McClain is much better. At least she can tell me what it was like to play the happy hooker in "Irma La Deuce". (Sorry, I know Deuce is wrong. /forums/images/icons/blush.gif )

She could tell me what it was like to have a love scene with Ricardo Montalban. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Re: No \"Rangers,\" But New \"Quantum Leap\" at Sci-Fi??

John Edwards? Jeez... I can't even stand the living, much less the dead. Why don't they just get a magician from Las Vegas and put him on the air every week.

And speaking of farces like John Edwards ... why not just develop a true sketch comedy show? On second thought, that may be a bad idea... most of the parodies would undoubtedly be other shows on Sci-Fi.

It was on yesterday.

I saw the Baywatch guy with his eye patch momentarily yesterday evening while channel surfing.

Nick Fury: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.
120 min.
David Hasselhoff plays the vigilante comic-book hero in this futuristic 1998 made-for-TV action-adventure.
The film opens with Nick Fury, a maverick espionage expert, hiding, but he's soon drawn back into the spy game by a multinational law-enforcement group known as SHIELD. And he has his work cut out for him: a terrorist organization led by the daughter of “the last of the great global bogeymen” has taken possession of a deadly virus and plans to unleash it on America. Val: Lisa Rinna. Viper: Sandra Hess. Jones: Ron Canada. Pincer: Tom McBeath. Kate: Tracy Waterhouse. Pierce: Neil Roberts.

Cast: Neil Roberts, Garry Chalk, Ron Canada, Tom McBeath, Tracy Waterhouse, David Hasselhoff, Lisa Rinna, Sandra Hess
Rating: TV-PG
Content: Violence
Category: Movie, Action & Adventure
Director: Rod Hardy
Release Year: 1998

Sat 13 60 SCI-FI Science Fiction Channel
9:00 PM Nick Fury: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. [2934684]

Sun 14 60 SCI-FI Science Fiction Channel
1:00 AM Nick Fury: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. [7444801]

oh no, i missed it /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

I saw that movie many years ago once when it came on FOX, and haven't since.

that's just great /forums/images/icons/frown.gif and it won't be back on till after August... at least now i won't miss Highlander 2.

I saw that movie when it first came out on FOX, and haven't since, i remember liking that movie, and i loved the whole SHIELD thing in the Spiderman show.

You guys bust on Sci-fi too much. Yeah, its not amazing at everything, but it gave Rangers a fighting chance--no one else even thought about doing it. No other channel would re-run B5 5 nights a week at such a good timeslot, or even pick up the rerun rights to Crusade.

Farscape would most likely be in Syndication (aka a crappy time and a lower budget), or not picked up at all. I doubt we would have had a 6th season of SG-1. And Sci-fi really can't fill its entire schedule with space shows. It just can't. I don't like the horror crap either, but otherwise it would just be running infomercials.

Yes, Sci-Fi has its flaws, but shut up already about how much its sucks. At least it doesn't replay Walker Texas Ranger.

If there was no sci-fi channel you most likely would NEVER HAVE HAD A LEGEND OF THE RANGERS. So count your blessings that it exists and stop the bashing. At least until that hidden camera show comes out. Then you can bash it again. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Phil

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
If there was no sci-fi channel you most likely would NEVER HAVE HAD A LEGEND OF THE RANGERS. So count your blessings that it exists and stop the bashing.

[/quote]

Why should I count my blessings? Legend of the Rangers sucked too. But if you want to watch Tremors the series then that's your business.

Never said I wanted a Tremors series. Never said that. I want that clear. I didn't even like the movies.

Phil

Emfeeli, I criticize the Sci-Fi channel because it went from being the most promising network on my cable offering to the least-watched almost overnight.

Their choice of programming clearly wants to attract an audience very different from the group I am in. Don't expect me to cheer it on. /forums/images/icons/rolleyes.gif

I actually hope they have a terrible year and rethink their programming strategy. Or another station comes along and BECOMES a real science fiction cable station.

I simply think it sucks because there's nothing good on it... or at least there won't be soon. Once ST:TOS moves to TNN and the B5 DVDs come out, I really won't have a reason to go there at all.

Farscape and Sg-1 are reason enough for me. And then B5 re-runs. Didn't know that Sci-fi was losing TOS tho...are you sure? Anyways, it's not like Sci-fi didn't try for DS9, Voyager and TNG--they just didn't have enough money to beat out TNN. I also like the fact that TNN has TNG. They play it allllllll the time.

Phil

yeah, but no one's playing DS9, and it bugs me, i think that the last few seasons of it were the best seasons of all TREK.

<font color="yellow"> Originally posted by Emfeeli: </font color>
You guys bust on Sci-fi too much.

[/quote]

The more time goes by, the more they INVITE it with their press releases (more and more lame and/or cheap and/or out of character shows are announced). Each time Bonnie Hammer opens her mouth, she dumps gasoline on the fire. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

Yeah, its not amazing at everything,

[/quote]

It's rapidly approaching being amazing at ...NOTHING. The only thing that's amazing is when they stumble upon a hit, and don't screw it up. The USA Network is more amazing than Sci-Fi right now.

but it gave Rangers a fighting chance--no one else even thought about doing it.

[/quote]

Rangers should not have been allowed to go out like it was.

No other channel would re-run B5 5 nights a week at such a good timeslot,

[/quote]

Yes, now at 5PM.

or even pick up the rerun rights to Crusade.

[/quote]

Can you say <font color="red">FUMBLE</font color>? /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif See, after you get it, you're supposed to DO something with it, NOT just air the existing eps., IF you have a shred of common sense. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

Farscape would most likely be in Syndication (aka a crappy time and a lower budget), or not picked up at all. I doubt we would have had a 6th season of SG-1.

[/quote]

Farscape is already going downhill. SG-1 is in it's 6th season. They won't be around forever. These are the only bright points on Sci-Fi's schedule. They should have picked up Crusade as soon as they got the rerun rights, but nooooo. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

Yes, Sci-Fi has its flaws, but shut up already about how much its sucks. At least it doesn't replay Walker Texas Ranger.

[/quote]

Wait a couple years, after both Farscape and SG-1 are gone, and they've picked up Walker Texas Ranger. Then, you'll have changed your tune. Sci-Fi's got to shape up, now, not allow itself to degrade further and further.

If there was no sci-fi channel you most likely would NEVER HAVE HAD A LEGEND OF THE RANGERS.

[/quote]

Given what went out, I'd count that AS a blessing. To me, it damaged the B5 "franchise." If Sci-Fi keeps going the way they're going, there will likely BE NO Sci-Fi Channel, or at least no channel that's recognizable as a Sci-Fi Channel.

At least until that hidden camera show comes out. Then you can bash it again.
/forums/images/icons/grin.gif

[/quote]

Don't give 'em any ideas. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

GShans, my local syndication channel that's always shown "Star Trek" (and used to show B5 before TNT) is still showing DS9. In fact they are showing it much more often in the past few months than than in the past few years; usually at least once (sometimes twice) Saturday afternoon and twice Saturday night / Sunday morning. So some places still show it ... I figured they were showing it so much because the syndication rates will soon expire - like SciFi is (was?) doing with TOS.

Though I wonder if TNN (when / if it gets the other series) will be showing "Star Trek" more often than already or using the same time-slots for TNN for all the ST series they get ... probably have to do closer to the second way or it would become the all "Star Trek" channel ... not that I'd comlain. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif I like their TNN emblem that is written in TNG font style, heh.

what channel do you watch, where are you at? in Dallas county Texas, DS9 never comes on anymore, UPN used to show it, but now all they have on is Voyager, mon-fri ant 9central. They used to show an episode of TNG at 9 followed by an episode of DS9 at 10am central on UPN, but that was before TNN picked TNG up, DS9 hasn't been on more than twice since.

WUAB 43 out of Akron / Cleveland (covers most of NE Ohio). It's also the UPN channel but it's been showing syndicated SF at least since TNG came out in '87. A few other channels occasionaly show synidcated SF (usually the same shows) but this is what I considered the main channel - especially Saturday afternoons. Used to get B5, DS9, and Voyager all blocked together and then all repeated (with a rerun of TNG) late at night. Recently it was DS9 (after TNG moved to TNN) reruns, EFC, Andromeda, and Enterprise with EFC and Andromeda repeating late at night with some DS9 reruns. I haven't actually checked the schedule - okay I just did ... *sigh* sadly I guess in the past few weeks they started showing movies instead of DS9 ... hrm ... well summer time has always been heavy on movies and low on syndicated SF reruns ...

Luckily two of my friends have all of DS9 on tape and we have watching sessions ... along with the occasional B5 watching session with one of them - she was out of the country in '98 and didn't see much of season 5. (Getting to the Centauri War arch ... "One more episode than I really have to get to work." .... "Okay, do they say what happens in the next episode? Good ... just one more then." "Only one more episode on tape ... I guess we can watch that.") /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

all we get on the UPN down here is Voyager and Enterprise, TNG is on TNN (ofcourse), Andromeda is on WB with EFC, and this has just been pushed too far off-topic.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back