• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Doctor Who Series 6

Okay, I understand what you guys are saying, but I don't buy it. I don't think that would have destroyed the continuity of time, if it wasn't the Doctor, or some other important being.
It doesn't need to be the actual event that makes it the fixed time, it could be the ripples from the event. Say, perhaps, the Daleks or the Silence make a major move because they believe the Doctor is dead. Is they never believe the Doctor is dead, they don't make that move, so something major that has always happened, no longer happens. Or, perhaps, the Good Guys, think the Doctor is dead, and stand up for themselves and repel a conquering force in his name and it bring peace to the galaxy. If they had never thought he was dead, tey never would've stood up for themselves, and the conquering force would've won, and screwed up time, etc.

Also, I would assume that the Teselecta isn't really dead, as bullets didn't kill it before, and it was spirited away very quickly, so we wouldn't find out what it really was.
Well, they set it ablaze as a funeral pyre, to "ensure every last cell of the Time Lord body was destroyed", so odds are that one is done for. Doesn't mean they don't have more Tesselecta Ships that could pop up in the future, though.

Also, I would assume that the Teselecta isn't really dead, as bullets didn't kill it before, and it was spirited away very quickly, so we wouldn't find out what it really was.
Well, they set it ablaze as a funeral pyre, to "ensure every last cell of the Time Lord body was destroyed", so odds are that one is done for. Doesn't mean they don't have more Tesselecta Ships that could pop up in the future, though.

That had to be a trick of some kind. Surely, all the beings inhabiting the Teselecta wouldn't commit suicide for the Doctor.

That had to be a trick of some kind. Surely, all the beings inhabiting the Teselecta wouldn't commit suicide for the Doctor.

The Doctor and the TARDIS were in the Teselecta there at the lakeside, so even if the pyre was somehow able/allowed to destroy the Teselecta, he could have gotten the crew out and taken them to their timezone. But I imagine that the Teselecta was allowed to just lay amid the fire until Amy, Rory, River, and Canton left and then just teleported out of the fire to wherever/whenever. The Doctor would never have asked the crew of the Teselecta to die for him.

Was the Crew even there, or was it empty, other than the Doctor?

I may be remembering wrong, but, I seem to recall a shot of him on the bridge alone?

Was the Crew even there, or was it empty, other than the Doctor?

I may be remembering wrong, but, I seem to recall a shot of him on the bridge alone?

I don't remember a shot of him on the bridge, but on the pathway looking out of the eye, which was established as a totally different location than the bridge in "Let's Kill Hitler". But that aside, I too for some reason had the impression that the Doctor was the only one in the Teselecta at the time, but I thought it was just me.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back