• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The Official HEROES Spoiler Thread

That is a cool concept that Simone's dad has a dreaming ability. It ties in neatly to the first few episodes for sure. As for Peter's powers, it's still unknown how that all works. We haven't seen Peter use many of Sylars' powers. We have seen the telekenesis, but not the freezing, or the hearing, or the cutting off of heads. I also wonder if Peter has Eden's ability of persuasion as he came into contact with her during one of the first episodes when he went to Mohinder's apartment.

Maybe some powers he can't tap into because he doesn't realize he has them? He knew Nathan could fly, so he has that ability. Claude gave him invisibility. Claire's ability is more passive, but he got that one. Etc.

I really hope Nathan and Peter aren't dead. I'm also wondering what happened with Sylar. His eyes milked over and we saw every one of his victims flashing in his eyes. Did he lose all his powers (except for his original one maybe?) If he still has his powers, then we definitely need Peter. Although, Hiro was the one who gutted him.

I'm so proud of Hiro. Sylar's "stand off" just didn't work. Hiro knew what was important to him--to save Ando--and he knew he could do it and follow through on his destiny as well. Kudos on that! I just hope we have more Ando next season. Hiro and Ando are awesome.

CREEPY = Molly telling Mohinder, "There's only one man worse than the boogey man, and whenever I look for him, he can see me."

W
T
F
???

athe20eye20of20sauronxl0.jpg

Frodo is Peter.
Aragorn is Nathan.
Sam is Claire.
Gandalf is Bennet or maybe Simone's father.
Legolas and Gimli are Nikki and DL.
Galadriel is Matt.
Elrond is Issac.

OK, here's my take on the finale:

(cool): Nathan having a change of heart
(cool): Molly potentially introducing an even bigger baddie for next season
(cool): Jessica smacking Sylar down hard
(cool): The ending taking place in the past --- nice setup for stuff next season
(cool): The lone warrior on horseback (who looked like George Takei) and the flag with the symbol on it

(bah): Sylar apparently crawling away and surviving. As I said before, new baddie needed, Sylar is so done now.

(WTF?): Nathan flying Peter out of the city. Why couldn't Peter's punk-ass do that on his own?
(WTF?): For that matter, why could Sylar control Ted's abilities and Peter couldn't?
(WTF?): What happened with Sylar's eyes when he appeared to die??
(WTF?): Nice how DL didn't get put into the ambulance, only Parkman did.
(WTF?): What is up with those damn cockroaches?

Did anyone other than me get the impression that 90% of the characters might not return (or be needed to) next season? Seemed like at least initially it will deal with a COMPLETELY different topic, perhaps in a different time for a while. It also seemed like they closed out a lot of the stories/threads in this finale for many of the characters. It could be almost a whole new group next year...

OK, here's my take on the finale:

(cool): Nathan having a change of heart
(cool): Molly potentially introducing an even bigger baddie for next season
(cool): Jessica smacking Sylar down hard
(cool): The ending taking place in the past --- nice setup for stuff next season
(cool): The lone warrior on horseback (who looked like George Takei) and the flag with the symbol on it

(bah): Sylar apparently crawling away and surviving. As I said before, new baddie needed, Sylar is so done now.

(WTF?): Nathan flying Peter out of the city. Why couldn't Peter's punk-ass do that on his own?
(WTF?): For that matter, why could Sylar control Ted's abilities and Peter couldn't?
(WTF?): What happened with Sylar's eyes when he appeared to die??
(WTF?): Nice how DL didn't get put into the ambulance, only Parkman did.
(WTF?): What is up with those damn cockroaches?

Did anyone other than me get the impression that 90% of the characters might not return (or be needed to) next season? Seemed like at least initially it will deal with a COMPLETELY different topic, perhaps in a different time for a while. It also seemed like they closed out a lot of the stories/threads in this finale for many of the characters. It could be almost a whole new group next year...

That was Nikki who smacked Sylar Down (jessica gave back control when Linderman offer the money to betray DL)

I think Peter couldn't afford to stop concentrating on being in control long enough to activate his flying, so someone had to fly him.

S2 is called Generations. I have a feeling it's geared towards the children of the parents in the Conspiracy (IE: Nikki and Dl and parkman won't be as big, since they are from Meta Human Dynasties)

Sylar is taking abilities one at a time and adapting after he looks at the brains and sees how it works. peter is jsut sucking up whatever he's around, and so unable to adapt as quickly, also might have something to with he is newer to this than Sylar (Sylar's had 6 months before Peter started manifesting powers)

I think they will all be back for next season, except for the characters who might have died (but still hoping.) They came together to work as a team in a sense, so the next season will have some different dynamics, methinks. They could be thinking the threat of Sylar is gone, be lulled into relaxing and BAM....

I wonder how long Hiro will be in Feudal Japan. And heck yeah that is George Takai....

m89711508.jpg

I finally got caught up with Heroes (and Lost, 7 eps of Lost on Saturday, 5 eps of Heroes on Sunday). I had to wait for my fiancee to finsih Uni and come back before I watched them (yeah I'm whipped - sue me:)).

I've read most of the posts in this thread and I know i'm going over old ground.

The lead up to the bomb got a bit annoying as they seemed to be talking about it for ages beforehand without actually getting towards it (though that may be because we watched them in such a short space of time). I thought the finale was good, but not great. I agree that Sylar not dying was a cop out. It seems like they were building up a new villain for next season (the one the little girl said could see her when she located him), so there was no need for Sylar in the next season and it would have capped off the season nicely.

Can anyone explain to me why they didn't just get Claire to shoot Peter? He survived the glass in his head, they knew he could regenerate, that he had Claire's power. She survivied a bullet. Was it that Claire just couldn't shoot him? Then why didn't Nathan do it? He was closer to Peter than Claire was, so wasn't worried about the effects of the radiation. It just didn't sit right with me. I may have missed something though.

In the future we saw, we know that Peter survived exploding then, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the next season. If Nathan just dropped him somewhere and flew away, he could also survive.

I liked Hiro going back in time. Though his dynamic with Ando is a definite plus point for the show. I also like the idea that the warrior that Hiro liked is in fact his Dad (some people said the lone warrior was George Takei) or just a desecndeant being played by George Takei.

As the title of the next volume is Generations I wonder whether we will see any action for when Peter and Nathan's mum, Simone's dad, Lindeman etc. were younger as they were the previous generation of "Heroes".

I finally got caught up with Heroes (and Lost, 7 eps of Lost on Saturday, 5 eps of Heroes on Sunday). I had to wait for my fiancee to finsih Uni and come back before I watched them (yeah I'm whipped - sue me:)).

I've read most of the posts in this thread and I know i'm going over old ground.

The lead up to the bomb got a bit annoying as they seemed to be talking about it for ages beforehand without actually getting towards it (though that may be because we watched them in such a short space of time). I thought the finale was good, but not great. I agree that Sylar not dying was a cop out. It seems like they were building up a new villain for next season (the one the little girl said could see her when she located him), so there was no need for Sylar in the next season and it would have capped off the season nicely.

Can anyone explain to me why they didn't just get Claire to shoot Peter? He survived the glass in his head, they knew he could regenerate, that he had Claire's power. She survivied a bullet. Was it that Claire just couldn't shoot him? Then why didn't Nathan do it? He was closer to Peter than Claire was, so wasn't worried about the effects of the radiation. It just didn't sit right with me. I may have missed something though.

In the future we saw, we know that Peter survived exploding then, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the next season. If Nathan just dropped him somewhere and flew away, he could also survive.

I liked Hiro going back in time. Though his dynamic with Ando is a definite plus point for the show. I also like the idea that the warrior that Hiro liked is in fact his Dad (some people said the lone warrior was George Takei) or just a desecndeant being played by George Takei.

As the title of the next volume is Generations I wonder whether we will see any action for when Peter and Nathan's mum, Simone's dad, Lindeman etc. were younger as they were the previous generation of "Heroes".

The 5 years in the future episode would've been a stronger Finale, certainly, but, I think they wanted to avoid so many cliff hangers, so the real finale was a bit watered down, plus it was only 1 hour, so, they were a bit limited on how much they could unfold and draw back in. I definitely agree next season Generations will be centered around the families of the company (Not sure how much of the parents younger we'll see, but, I imagine we will get to know the parents fairly well)

There is something up with Sylar being carted off down the drain, the Cockroaches have hung out with him before in the Paper Company cell. Perhaps next season's Big Bad wants Sylar for something.

I agree that lone warrior has gotta be George Takei (They even made a point of showing his eyes reflecting in the sword when he was training Hiro to sword fight, and those were the same eyes we saw coming through the head dress of the lone warrior). Not sure if it's actually Hiro's dad, who has long life as his power, or time travel, (or some other reason why he's in the past) or maybe descendant, but, the crest on the flag is the symbol we see everywhere for the Meta Humans (Jessica's tattoo, [I don't think Nikki has it, just Jessica] in the pool, on the sword, I believe in Chandra's book, and several otehr places)

There is something up with Sylar being carted off down the drain, the Cockroaches have hung out with him before in the Paper Company cell. Perhaps next season's Big Bad wants Sylar for something.

That's a good point. I think most of us have been assuming that Sylar crawled off on his own down the drain and is alive. He could have been dragged by someone or something else. He may be dead for all we know. Personally, I do think he is alive, but I do think you are onto something about the new Big Bad mentioned, as well as the cockroach thing. That was always there all season long and made me wonder. Maybe the roach-master got him.

Whether he is alive, or will fit some other purpose....we will have to wait and see.

I do know Peter will be back next season. I read an interview with the actor and he said what he was looking forward to the most was mastering the ability to fly. Not sure about Nathan, though.

For me, Peter went without saying. We know he survived in the Five Years Future, so no reason he shouldn't survive this time around.

I believe the scar across his face is the unrepaired damage from exploding. For whatever reason, even though the wound sealed, it didn't erase.

Nathan, yea, that's a tough one. How far and fast do you have to fly away from an exploding Nuke to get to safety, and can Nathan travel that fast?

For me, Peter went without saying. We know he survived in the Five Years Future, so no reason he shouldn't survive this time around.
Why are so many people saying things like this?

Folks, that "5 Years in the Future thing" went right out the window almost the very next episode. In that future, the bomb went off INSIDE New York. This time, it didn't. So that 5 years in the future is completely gone. For good.

I do know Peter will be back next season. I read an interview with the actor and he said what he was looking forward to the most was mastering the ability to fly. Not sure about Nathan, though.

Regarding the fate of Peter and Nathan:

Spoiler for from a recent issue of TV Guide:
A recent issue of TV Guide said that both brothers will be back next season.

Last edited:
Why are so many people saying things like this?

Folks, that "5 Years in the Future thing" went right out the window almost the very next episode. In that future, the bomb went off INSIDE New York. This time, it didn't. So that 5 years in the future is completely gone. For good.

That doesn't have any relevance on Peter surviving. Peter blew up in the 5 years future, and Peter blew up this time, no difference there. So, what's it matter wether Peter blew up in space, in Las Vegas, in New York, or in a cornfield in a town of 15 people?

That doesn't have any relevance on Peter surviving. Peter blew up in the 5 years future, and Peter blew up this time, no difference there. So, what's it matter wether Peter blew up in space, in Las Vegas, in New York, or in a cornfield in a town of 15 people?

That's exactly my take on it as well.

With regards to Sylar: They could use him well next season I suppose, but I think that's the problem with self containted seasons of stories like this, you build up to somehting and it can either go the way the audience is expecting or hoping in whcih case there isn't much of a surprise, or you can twist it and some of the audience feels like you cheated them. At this moment in time, I do feel a bit cheated with the Sylar thing. But if they can do something cool wiht him next season, I'll forgive them.

It's strange how I never felt like that with Buffy though and as someone mentioned previously they used the season story thing.

This is probably why I preferred the Lost season finale. They weren't confined to wrapping certain things up after a season and so can take the main story in new and unexpected directions.

Peter didn't blow up at all in any timeline, in any place whatsoever. He didn't blast himself into a million tiny, charred, irradiated pieces and then use his amazing telekinetic and healing powers to pull those pices together and reassemble himself. All indications are that Peter and Claire's healing power cannot handle disruptions to at least certain parts of the brain. They both believed that destroying the brain-stem outright (by shooting it away with a bullet) would kill them. Presumably they also couldn't survive a beheading, or having their brains scooped out, either. Shredding and burning in a nuclear explosion? Out of the question.

Peter seems to be a bit like Havoc in the old X-Men comics. If he'd detonated at ground level he probably would have been standing in the middle of 10 or 15 blocks of radioactive rubble without a scratch on him. It is the only thing that makes any sense. He released a tremendous amount of heat, blast and radiation from his body which remained intact. Peter, like Ted, is immune to the effects of his own power.

Regards,

Joe

Peter didn't blow up at all in any timeline, in any place whatsoever. He didn't blast himself into a million tiny, charred, irradiated pieces and then use his amazing telekinetic and healing powers to pull those pices together and reassemble himself. All indications are that Peter and Claire's healing power cannot handle disruptions to at least certain parts of the brain. They both believed that destroying the brain-stem outright (by shooting it away with a bullet) would kill them. Presumably they also couldn't survive a beheading, or having their brains scooped out, either. Shredding and burning in a nuclear explosion? Out of the question.

Peter seems to be a bit like Havoc in the old X-Men comics. If he'd detonated at ground level he probably would have been standing in the middle of 10 or 15 blocks of radioactive rubble without a scratch on him. It is the only thing that makes any sense. He released a tremendous amount of heat, blast and radiation from his body which remained intact. Peter, like Ted, is immune to the effects of his own power.

Regards,

Joe

I didn't envision him blasting into a million pieces, but, I did envision his face ripping open and expelling the power, the paintings seem to suggest to me that's what happened with the "exploding man" and then his face healing but leaving that scar. I still see that as a possibility until/if we see how he got that scar despite his healing powers

I still see that as a possibility until/if we see how he got that scar despite his healing powers

Peter only has the scar in the future that is now not going to happen - a future where he originally never had healing powers because he never met Claire.

Even after Future Hiro altered that timeline so that Claire was saved, it isn't clear that Peter saved her. People are assuming that in Hiro's altered future, Peter saved Claire just as he did in "our" timeline. I don't know why. Future Hiro originally gave the message "save the cheerleader, save the world" to Peter intending for Peter to give to Past Hiro - thus avoiding the possible ramifications of meeting himself. The idea was to have Past Hiro save Claire. That may have been what happened in the future we saw - which would mean Peter has no healing power and could have been scarred in any number of ways. I suspect it was "friendly fire" from Future Hiro's sword during one of the many battles both fought in.

So there is no reason to believe that Peter will acquire a scar in the current timeline of the series, and therefore no need "explain" it.

Regards,

Joe

Peter only has the scar in the future that is now not going to happen - a future where he originally never had healing powers because he never met Claire.

Even after Future Hiro altered that timeline so that Claire was saved, it isn't clear that Peter saved her. People are assuming that in Hiro's altered future, Peter saved Claire just as he did in "our" timeline. I don't know why. Future Hiro originally gave the message "save the cheerleader, save the world" to Peter intending for Peter to give to Past Hiro - thus avoiding the possible ramifications of meeting himself. The idea was to have Past Hiro save Claire. That may have been what happened in the future we saw - which would mean Peter has no healing power and could have been scarred in any number of ways. I suspect it was "friendly fire" from Future Hiro's sword during one of the many battles both fought in.

So there is no reason to believe that Peter will acquire a scar in the current timeline of the series, and therefore no need "explain" it.

Regards,

Joe

But Claire was saved in the 5 years future, Hiro told Bennet he went back and told Peter to save her, and we saw Sylar/Nathan opening up her head. So, you think even after we saw Peter saving Claire in the current timeline, that we could still see a future where he hadn't, but, yet credit was given to him in the future timeline anyways?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back