• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

season 4

superbob

Regular
People, I need help and not the clinical variety, although it has been pointed out in the past.
I had the awesome privilege of seeing endgame two weeks ago and I need to know how many more episodes follow.
For me to go into any other site would mean spoilers, and a lot of them. You have no idea how hard it is side stepping them throughout the discussions. Any help will be most appreciated
laugh.gif

------------------
"I am Grey. I stand between the candle and the star. We are Grey. We stand between the darkness and the light. I come to take the place that has been prepared for me"
-------------------------
the present becomes the past, the past becomes history, history becomes legend, legend becomes myth, myth becomes obscurity! please pass the flarn!

There should be two episodes of S4 left after Endgame, provided that they've been shown in the correct order - Rising Star and The Deconstruction of Falling Stars.

And then there is the whole S5 left, 22 episodes.

------------------
"There are things out there beyond imagination, and I have a rather healthy imagination." - G'Kar, B5: Rangers
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com | Kribu.net

Hi Superbob

i'm almost in the same position.
Deconstruction is on this week in South Africa.
Season 4 has been 1 helluva ride,
pity I'll have to wait God knows how many months before S5. It was 10 months between Zhadum and Wolf.
What I really want to know is why no S4 eps won the Hugo. I dont recall any particularly good movies in that year.

Anybody out there know?

------------------
Taking an eye for an eye will leave the whole world blind.

And still no bloody pictures of Zathras!

Part of the problem with winning the Hugo is that there were so Many episodes that people liked that the Vote got Split.

I believe at least half a dozen Different episodes were nominated, but not enough votes for any ONE Episode to push it over the top.

The Two Hugos B5 did win had a bit of the same problem, but JMS withdrew all but one episode from the ballot in those years.

BTW, how many people spotted the Hugo Award sitting on Ivanova's desk in Sleeping In Light ??
cool.gif
cool.gif
cool.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

------------------
Do not ascribe your own motivations to others:
At best, it will break your heart.
At worst, it will get you dead."

That's too bad. The show deserved more than two Hugos. But I guess it is saying something that the votes were so split.
smile.gif

Ohhh, yes I did notice that. That is really really sooo cool.
laugh.gif

------------------
Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out.

Kewl - I'll have to check that episode out. Nothing like a little bit of "bragging-rights", but I guess it's not bragging if you've won
laugh.gif
. Go JMS!!

------------------
UD Cancer Agent

Did B5 win any awards before TNT got the rights to the show?
Thanks
Car

------------------

The 2 Hugos were won for the second season's The Coming Of Shadows and 3rd season's Severed dreams, way before the move in season 5.

Wasn't SiL also in the running for the Hugo's, woulda been cool if an ep in which the Hugo was seen , actually won another Hugo.!

------------------

If you are Kin of Zathras, then which zathras are you? zathras or Zathras?
laugh.gif

Anyway We're probably in the same boat due to the fact that I'm also from sunny ol' South Africa! What a series, it's just cost me a small fortune in video tapes to record the whole damn series! Here's to the 5th series and lets hope that they don't take a damn year to get out here!
By the way, are there any SA chatrooms for B5 that you know of?
I mean this site is cool but a lot of what gets discussed is stuff that we haven't seen yet
mad.gif
, I want to know it all !!!!!!
laugh.gif

------------------
"I am Grey. I stand between the candle and the star. We are Grey. We stand between the darkness and the light. I come to take the place that has been prepared for me"
the present becomes the past, the past becomes history, history becomes legend, legend becomes myth, myth becomes obscurity! please pass the flarn!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> 1993 - Emmy award for Special Visual Effects for "The Gathering".
March, 1994 - Space Frontier Foundation award for "Best Vision of the Future."
1994 - Emmy award for makeup for "The Parliament of Dreams".
July 1995 - Emmy nominations
Cinematography: "The Geometry of Shadows"
Makeup: "Acts of Sacrifice"
Hairstyling: "The Geometry of Shadows"
July 1996 - Emmy nomination for cinematography: "Comes the Inquisitor"
September 1996 - Hugo Award for Best Dramatic Presentation: "The Coming of Shadows"
October 1996 - Sci-Fi Universe awards for Best Series, Best Actor (Bruce Boxleitner,) Best Supporting Actor
(Peter Jurasik,) and Best Supporting Actress (Mira Furlan.)
October 1996 - Space Frontier Foundation "Visions of the Future" award.
December 1996 - American Cinema Foundations's 1997 E Pluribus Unum Award for "Passing Through
Gethsemane."
July 1997 - Emmy nomination for best makeup: "The Summoning"
September 1997 - Hugo award for Best Dramatic Presentation: "Severed Dreams"

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> What I was told by those involved is that SiL did not air in Australia during or before the voting period; it did not, in fact, finally air until after the WorldCon itself was over by three days. And the majority of folks coming to WorldCon were, of course, Australians. So they didn't *see* the episode to vote for it.

I would not expect, or want, anyone to vote for the episode sight-unseen. To do so means you've missed the point of the show.

Truman Show (a damned good movie and well worth the award, btw) was written by a New Zealander, and directed by an Australian, so was the next logical choice.

Once I knew that SiL wasn't going to air until after the Hugos, I pretty much knew it wouldn't get the Hugo. (As it was, according to the site with all the official numbers, SiL did get more raw numbers of votes than any other nominee, but due to the Australian balloting system, which uses a weighted scale, TS got the actual award.)

.... I heard from many folks who said that S5 was their favorite season, and there's a great editorial in Frontier (the main SF magazine in Australia and a fine publication) that sang the praises of S5 as necessary and right.
jms <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------
Do not ascribe your own motivations to others:
At best, it will break your heart.
At worst, it will get you dead."

Hey Superbob, just figures I'd have to come all the way here to find another online fan from SA. No, I don't know any SA chatrooms for B5 , lurking here takes up a lot of my net time , besides I couldnt stand the long wait so I went and spoiled most of the story for myself.
As for the tapes , went out and got myself 6 of those anti fungal long life Sony tapes for 10 rands each.
I think there's another long wait coming up cos etv are showing felicity after the soccer world cup stuff. Don't you just hate it how there are never any episode trailers and B5 never gets any attention from the press. Ah well at least we've got to see 4 seasons of it.
There's always Farscape to get us through though.
My email is 993214450@nu.ac.za
Cool .sig btw

------------------

Bummer about the cricket Huh, It's strange that the Aussies here haven't rubbed it in.

------------------

Thats why I love B5! because it's more believable than our sport these days!
Are you being serious about felicity taking B5's place. Guess I'm going to become a raging alcoholic on a sunday night again!
mad.gif

------------------

Back