• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Jeremiah season 2 available for pre order at Amazon.

dencor

Regular
Don't know how long this has been up but the first time I have seen it. Over at Amazon.com they have season 2 of Jeremiah available for pre order. No release date yet. But that should mean it is finially being released. They have a price of $ 36.00. I am ready to pre order but please, someone go back to Amazon and double check for me. I might be dreaming. Its about damn time. Just please let this be true and not false hope on my part.

thanks
dennis

Don't know how long this has been up but the first time I have seen it. Over at Amazon.com they have season 2 of Jeremiah available for pre order. No release date yet. But that should mean it is finially being released. They have a price of $ 36.00. I am ready to pre order but please, someone go back to Amazon and double check for me. I might be dreaming. Its about damn time. Just please let this be true and not false hope on my part.

thanks
dennis

Looks legit. Often they might have something that currently doesn't have release plans (to guage interest) but, if they're selling it, it must be coming, one would think. They're cross-promoting it "people who bought S1 might want S2" or A package deal for S1 and S2. I actually see it for $39.98, though.

Amazon said:
"This product is manufactured on demand using DVD-R recordable media"
Interesting model .... I wonder what the deal is here with MGM? Presumably there aren't going to be any extras. :wtf:

I did not notice the dvd recordable format Belbo. Do you know if that format can be played on blu ray players ? And why dvd recordables ? Is that a money saving effort on MGMs part ? Your right, most likely no extras. And I noticed the price change. Just last night it was on sale for $ 35.99. Now $ 40. That was quick.

Oh thank you for this heads up! It's going on my wishlist now. The price says $35.99 for me but whatever the lowest price is by the release date is the price that you will be charged. Also, here is what Amazon has to say about the DVD-R status:

What are CD-R and DVD-R media?
CD-Rs and DVD-Rs (the "R" stands for "recordable") look like the discs you're used to and offer the same audio and image quality. This recordable media is used to manufacture titles on demand, as fully authorized by the content provider.

Through manufacturing on demand, CreateSpace, part of the Amazon.com group of companies, enables Amazon.com to offer music and video content that might not otherwise be available. Each disc comes fully packaged, with artwork, in a standard jewel case for audio and an Amaray case for video, although for reissued products the artwork may differ from the original.

CreateSpace works with many of the leading music labels, television networks, film studios, and other distributors to make these titles available to Amazon.com customers. All products are manufactured from original source materials (e.g., for audio products, uncompressed CD-quality audio).

By eliminating inventory, waste, and inefficiencies in the distribution system, on-demand manufacturing provides the added benefit of helping preserve the environment.

When shopping, you'll see CD-R or DVD-R on the product detail page for such products. Amazon.com's standard return policy applies to these purchases.

I did not notice the dvd recordable format Belbo. Do you know if that format can be played on blu ray players ? And why dvd recordables ? Is that a money saving effort on MGMs part ? Your right, most likely no extras. And I noticed the price change. Just last night it was on sale for $ 35.99. Now $ 40. That was quick.

As I answered in the other thread, they will play fine on BluRay players, just like an ordinary DVD. If Amazon does as Borders stores do, they burn them to gold DVDs, and scan them to be sure they have a low error rate, and are playable.

Warner Brothers is also doing on-demand burning for some of their titles. These companies do this because it is very cheap and easy. Most likely there will be no extras. It's good for the consumer, because it makes a lot of things available. But, $40, or even $36 is WAY too much, IMO. Should be more like $20 per disc, at most. I think that is what WB charges.

I might be in a state of panic right now but I went over to amazon.com and I could not find Jeremiah season 2 listed anymore for pre order. I then went to my open orders on my account and clicked on jeremiah season 2 and nothing. A few weeks back I recieved an email from Amazon asking me if I still wanted season 2 of Jeremiah and I replied, yes. They apologized for the delay and were not sure when it would be coming out.. Has MGM changed its mind and screwed us over ? Anyone know what might be going on ?

thanks
dennis

Amazon no longer has Jeremiah season 2 for pre order. It just dissapeared from their site. Does anyone know if MGM has decided not to release season 2 after all ?

thanks
dennis

I sent Amazon an email asking about the status of my order for Jeremiah season 2. Their reply said it was going to ship Feb 12th. I'm not going to hold my breath waiting to see if that happens, but it would be awesome if it did.

As to why they took it off their site, maybe they took orders and once they finished they scheduled to make exactly that many copies. Just a guess.

I sent Amazon an email asking about the status of my order for Jeremiah season 2. Their reply said it was going to ship Feb 12th. I'm not going to hold my breath waiting to see if that happens, but it would be awesome if it did.

As to why they took it off their site, maybe they took orders and once they finished they scheduled to make exactly that many copies. Just a guess.
That did sound like their intent was only to make as many as were ordered, but, I assumed it would be left available to order, but, perhaps these are "limited time offers"?

Thanks for the information , A Leaf on the Wind. It would have made sense if Amazon stated orders where only being taken until a certain date before taking it off their site. I think they lost some potential sales if your guess is right, which would be my guess as well. And if what Sindatur said holds true that this may be indeed just a limited time offer; then I would have ordered a second boxset just in case. Who knows when and if ever, Jeremiah season 2 will be for sale again.

OK, It is a little after 5 in the morning where I live and I decided to email Amazon and see what kind of answer I would recieve and five minutes later to my surprise, they emailed me back to say it was released on February 3 and it is now back ordered and the new date for shipping is February 16 or 17...hopefully. I placed my order on December 4, the first day I think it was up as I did not see it on Amazon two days earlier when looking at the first season of Jeremiah. I guess this means that a few people should have season 2 already in their posession and that alot more people than expected ordered season 2. The email Amazon sent to me is below for all the details. And I am off to bed...good night.

Hello,

I'm sorry about this delay--we certainly didn't expect that this would happen.

Looking into your order, I see that Jeremiah Season 2 has already been released on February 3 and now it's back-ordered. Occasionally, unexpected fluctuations in supply will add time to our original availability estimate. I do understand that such changes can be frustrating for you.

Please be aware that the availability and shipping time frames listed on our website are estimates, not guarantees. While we do our best to adhere to these estimates, our inventory is constantly changing based on information we receive directly from our suppliers.

The new estimate for delivery is February 16 - February 17.

As soon as we receive more stock, we'll ship your order and send you an e-mail to let you know.

Also, I checked our web site and see that we've listed this item Jeremiah Season Two for $35.99.

If you haven't received a shipment confirmation by February 11, let us know by visiting the URL below:

I got a confirmation for my Jeremiah season 2 order from Amazon this morning. Expected to arrive March 8-10th. It might really be happening!!!

Not sure when this quote was made but I was looking for Jeremiah season 2 for another friend and saw the release date as of March 16th. But today March 8th, it said it was released already but would take an extra 2 days to be mailed out. Thought I would let everyone here know this.

thanks
dennis

My Jeremiah season 2 discs arrived today. Woo hoo! Just in time too. I'm leaving for sunny Arizona in the morning. Will be perfect to watch on the plane.

I Recieved season two today as well and I am dissapointed with the packaging. No cover art on the box or the discs. Just the MGM emblem. And a total of eight discs for fifteen episodes. Not sure why so many discs were needed ? I was not expecting any extras but this is a sad effort by MGM. I guess they knew that us fans were desperate so they had no need to invest anything into season two.

dennis

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back