• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Forever Knight

Does anyone else remember this pre-Buffy vampire/detective series out of Canada? It ran as part of a package on CBS late night in the States, and has been in reruns on various cable channels since. (Although I can't find it anywhere currently.)

The show is another beneficiary of the "TV-shows-on-DVD" trend. The Forever Knight Trilogy: Part One is now available on DVD, with the other two seasons to follow. I'm not sure if the set includes the original pilot film, Nick Knight, which starred (shudder) Rick Springfield as an L.A. detective and secret vampire trying to atone for his sins and regain his mortality, but it does contain all of the S1 episodes. (Including the 2-episode remake of the pilot, with series star Geraint Wyn Davies as Toronto Detective Nick Knight, permanently assigned - as his own request - to the night shift.)

Artisan in Canada is selling the pilot film as a separate disc, but apparently they don't have the rights to the series, which even in Canada is available only as a U.S. import.

Anyway, the show was great fun, worked as a supernatural vampire tale, a story of doomed love and as a police procedural. Plus we got all those cool scenes where a character suddenly starts staring into the middle distance as a cue for the flashback to a parallel story from hundreds of years ago a la Highlander. (Another show that I'm going to start collecting on DVD as soon as I have a permanent job. :))

Something I read got me thinking about FK today, and I just wondered how many here knew and/or liked it.

Regards,

Joe

One of my wife's all time favs, it was the most memorable of the "Crime time after prime time" programming.

I enjoyed it quite a bit until they retooled it, adding two new characters and eliminating older ones. Wasn't it on SciFi or maybe USA in that last season?

I also recall that they couldn't seem to keep a police chief for more than one season. :)

Good to know it's coming on DVD. I know what I'm getting my wife for Christmas! :D

One of my wife's all time favs, it was the most memorable of the "Crime time after prime time" programming.
It was one of my fav's as well. Another good "crime time" was Silk Stockings.
There was a marathon on Sci Fi just last week of Forever Knight. Where else could a vamp cop have a partner named Skanky? :p
I wonder who would win in a fight: Nick Night or Angelus

I loved it and taped all episodes to VHS. Am expecting to receive season 1 dvd today from amazon.com. :D

I've never seen the pilot, and wouldn't want to. :rolleyes:

Speaking of Highlander, Geraint Wyn Davies guest starred in an episode.

I loved the show and hope to get it on DVD....Also, Scifi aired several epps of Forever Knight last week during the day with there usual menagerie of shows!! Geraint Wyn Davies was also a regular on Tracker which starred the Highlander, Adrian Paul.

Geraint Wyn Davies was also a regular on Tracker which starred the Highlander, Adrian Paul.

I purposely didn't mention Tracker, since it's a show best forgotten, at least in my opinion. :rolleyes:

I beg to differ....for a woman, I must say that they did have one memorable epp!! When Adrian Paul (the Tracker) did the Full Monty :devil:

I beg to differ....for a woman, I must say that they did have one memorable epp!! When Adrian Paul (the Tracker) did the Full Monty :devil:

Heh heh. I'm a woman too (regardless of who my avatar is). The only reason I bothered with Tracker at all WAS to see Adrian Paul! :D

I more than remember this series, I thought it was rather well done, even if the flashback-tying-into-the-main-story device has been done to death.

I also must admit I liked the movie with Rick Springfield :( But the series was a major improvement on the story.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back