• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

What's wrong, Elie? I mean, it only took me two days to finish the fourth Harry Potter book. (Because I stayed up till 2AM every night) I'll do the same for the fifth one.

Yes, my mom called a bunch of bookstores. They said their next shipment would come on Thursday. So, my dad's taking me early in the morning so I can get a copy...and because he doesn't trust me enough to drive yet. :D

the real thing

*must get song out of head*

I've never read any of the Harry potter books, so I guess I can't see how anyone could read that many pages in that amount of time!

I read The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings in one day but then agaian my reading level is off the charts...and i still can't spell!!

When I get around to buying Order of the Phoenix, I reckon it'll take me about 2 - 3 months to read... maybe more.

I read The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings in one day but then agaian my reading level is off the charts...and i still can't spell!!

Really? It took me two weeks to read The Hobbit, then three months to read The Lord of the Rings. Then again, I had school when I read those books for the first time.

What a coincidence Mindwalker so was mine -- If I can be alone for any amount of time (Ha Ha Ha) then I can generally read a book of 500 pages in about 3 hours! My son seems to have the same thing -- in Louisiana they give you points on books you have read and take tests on -- you must get 15 points every 6 weeks to pass -- He had over a 100 points by the time the 3rd six weeks rolled around and he scored better than 90% on every test he took.

Yes, my reading level is above average as well. It's the same with me. If I was left alone, I could get through a majority of a book in one sitting.

I was very happy with Amazon.Com. My book arrived on June 21st and I did not even request expedited shipping. Just the free shipping which usually takes longer. In fact, a local TV crew filmed me receiving my book from the postman and then did an interview. It was very exciting.I will definitely remember book 5. I was asked how long it would take me to read it and I said 2 days. Since then, several people who say the interview have asked me if I have finished it. I have been forced to say No (because of unexpected circumstances). Now I am suspected of overexaggerating the speed of my reading (which I wasn't). It might have been better to keep my mouth shut.

glad to hear there are other people like me out there. Anyone got any good stories realted to high reading levels? The teachers would get pissy when I corrected them or flat out refused to read the book they had assigned becuase it would be too easy.

Not really, I just got a lot of flak about it because they would assign a book to read expecting it to take us (the class) a week and I would have read it that night!!

eh...I got pickedo n also I managed to read the vice-princepal's copy of War and Peace in the time I sat outside te office.

I started learning to read when I was 3, & I was always a few grade-levels higher in reading than the other students. But math was another story...I was awful.

Btw, finished the Harry Potter book in less than a week! :D

Tammy

Finally got it yesterday! I am currently on chapter 26, due to the fact that I had to go to Graduation yesterday. (Oh, it was great seeing all my Senior friends walking across the stage to get their diplomas...now I'm a senior!)

Actually, I've had problems with not finishing the books they give us to read. They are so horrible...I can't bear the agonizing torture of anymore feministic viewed books from my English teacher!!!

Anyway...

I correct people on proper grammar, or at least I wanted to the other day! Does anyone live near a Westfield shopping center? They have these signs that read "The Things That Westfield Do", & I keep wanting to whip out a pen & correct them! I mean, does the message on those signs sound right? It doesn't to me.

Tammy

I will tolerate improper grammar and spelling in an informal setting, like a message board or chat, but when it comes to things that should have been checked over and over, I do get a little anal. :)

I don't know when I learned to read, most likely before I started school, but I do know I was reading my mother's People of the Americas books in second grade. (People of the Wolf, People of the River, etc) I could always be found with my nose in a book, even while walking down the hallway to the bathroom, or whereever. :) My teachers tolerated it most of the time, although some have gotten upset when I would read instead of listening to them give their lessons. Sometimes they even complained when I read ahead in the textbook. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

As for Harry Potter, I found myself suddenly disinterested in the middle of the fourth book and I just stopped reading it. I'll get around to it again, maybe after I read the Song of Fire and Ice for the second time. Harry Potter is interesting, but the language is a bit simplistic for my tastes.

Back