• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Scare Tactics?

gangster

Beyond the rim
Anyone know how Scare Tactics is doing? The way Scifi is trying to push it in various time slots makes me think it is flopping badly.

I dunno how its doing in the ratings, but I find myself turning to it every Friday just so I can see how little Shannon Doherty is wearing.

I dunno how its doing in the ratings, but I find myself turning to it every Friday just so I can see how little Shannon Doherty is wearing.

I suspect that there are many besides you who do just that. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I caught part of one, got to watch a fat man get scared, and then turned the channel. However, my IQ has been permanently damaged, I fear.

*falls on the ground and spins in a circle*

From what I've read, Scare Tactics ratings were through the roof on the first week. Perhaps another sign of the apocalypse.

Anyhoo, I was wondering....

Do you think they can kill her off, like they did with her character on Charmed? :p

Rommie ;)

This is from Variety and the full article can be found here:
http://www.variety.com/story.asp?l=story&a=VR1117884317&c=14

The news is good and bad...

First the good news: "Scare Tactics" brought in 2.16 million total viewers for its two back-to-back original half-hours April 4 at 10 p.m., numbers 50% higher than Sci Fi's primetime average. Program also funneled more people 18 to 49 -- 1.37 million -- to the network than any other original series premiere in Sci Fi's history.

On the other hand, "Tremors" harvested 2.43 million total viewers over two hours during its two-episode premiere week, but the series managed to deliver only 1.6 million a week later from 9-10 p.m.

I STILL can't fathom why these two shows are doing SO WELL. I mean, they're both a major step down from..... Oh... wait. I guess Sci-Fi finally found their target audience! Well, good for them! :rolleyes:

People will be happy to know that SciFi pulled Tremors but apparently Scare Tactics is still on the air.

From the Lee at the SFTV news list:

Tremors
3/28/03 1.8 (avg for 2 hours)
4/04/03 1.2
4/11/03 1.3
4/18/03 1.2
4/25/03 0.8

Scare Tactics (Avg for hour)

4/04/03 1.5
4/11/03 1.3
4/18/03 1.2
4/25/03 0.8

Info from my source is that last year Farscape averaged a 1.2 for April (Tremors averaged a 1.1), but Farscape's adult demographics were stronger. Scare Tactics also skews younger in it's demographics as well.

In other shows, Cleopatra 2525 dropped to a .3 last week. Roar has been getting around a .6 rating and the midnight Farscapes have been averaging a .3 .

With Tremors leaving the schedule, Roar is now moved up to 8 pm ET/PT on Wednesdays, followed by a movie.

Thanks for the information,Lyta. We may get lucky and "Scare Tactics" will join the list of failed shows.

People will be happy to know that SciFi pulled Tremors but apparently Scare Tactics is still on the air.

From the Lee at the SFTV news list:

Tremors
3/28/03 1.8 (avg for 2 hours)
4/04/03 1.2
4/11/03 1.3
4/18/03 1.2
4/25/03 0.8

Scare Tactics (Avg for hour)

4/04/03 1.5
4/11/03 1.3
4/18/03 1.2
4/25/03 0.8

Hmm, looks like a trend there. Down. :devil: Think Sci-Fi/Hammer will learn, or will they just throw a different piece of schlock against the wall, to see if it sticks?

This makes me think of that one Farside strip where the kid's pushing on the door when he should be pulling on it. Much like that, Sci-Fi's pushing where they SHOULD be pulling, but they just won't learn..... And that sounded really dumb. True, but dumb.

And why not drop Scare Craptics too? Both SC and Tremors apparently reached the same low in ratings, so it makes no sense to toss one and keep the other. And as it was, I SORT OF liked Tremors. It was okay, but I've seen better shows. MUCH better. It's like getting a piece of cake when you wanted pie. Sure, maybe it tastes alright, but you KNOW that pie was gonna be better.

And HERE'S an idea! Why don't they just dump all the crap they've been airing and start airing reruns of the shows that were actually good in primetime slots, i.e. Lexx (do NOT say anything...), First Wave, Farscape (woooooo.... midnight..... yay), I-Man, etc. Sure, they're all old, and most of us have probably seen most of them several times through, but what the heck. Or better yet, the Sci-Fi HQ can burn down in a mysterious accident! Yeah!

And why not drop Scare Craptics too?

Oh, sure! Give 'em an idea! Sheesh! Retitling the show to be "Scare Craptics" (where they literally scare the crap out of people). :p

Both SC and Tremors apparently reached the same low in ratings, so it makes no sense to toss one and keep the other.

Maybe Scare Craptics costs them 5 cents per show to produce.

And as it was, I SORT OF liked Tremors.

It's like sifting through trash to find something that's slightly enjoyable. Not worth the effort, for me anyway.

And HERE'S an idea! Why don't they just dump all the crap they've been airing and start airing reruns of the shows that were actually good in primetime slots, i.e. Lexx (do NOT say anything...),

*muffled snicker* :eek:

... First Wave,

UFO, Strange Luck, Brimstone, Special Unit 2, The Tick,

...Farscape (woooooo.... midnight..... yay),

B5 & Crusade should be on at 10PM or 11PM.

... I-Man, etc. Sure, they're all old, and most of us have probably seen most of them several times through, but what the heck. Or better yet, the Sci-Fi HQ can burn down in a mysterious accident! Yeah!

Similar to:
tntcrater.jpg

yea, i agree with p10 see what little shannon is wearing...is she slutty or what? I never dressed like that!

well....not on tv at least... :LOL:

It's like sifting through trash to find something that's slightly enjoyable. Not worth the effort, for me anyway.

Hey. I had nothing better to do on Friday between 9 and 10. It was the exact same thing with BS... well, initially at least. It all comes from habit. :D

*muffled snicker* :eek:

What can I say? It's good to watch some crazy and stupid stuff every now and then. :devil:

UFO, Strange Luck, Brimstone, Special Unit 2, The Tick,

I totally agree with the shows I recall and watched, i.e. Strange Luck, Brimstone, and.... which Tick? Live-action or cartoon? Personally, I think the cartoon was waaaay better. Then again, I never got to catch the live-action one, so I suppose I'm just a TAD biased. And they should get the rights to Millennium while they're at it. I need a Frank Black fix.

Similar to:
tntcrater.jpg

.... Sure. That'll work. :devil:

What can I say? It's good to watch some crazy and stupid stuff every now and then. :devil:

I'm too much of a Vorlon to enjoy that. Maybe with enough beer, it'd be enjoyable. Maybe after a six pack....naah, not even then.

.... which Tick? Live-action or cartoon? Personally, I think the cartoon was waaaay better. Then again, I never got to catch the live-action one, so I suppose I'm just a TAD biased.

The live action one. Warburton was great! Hell, the entire cast was great.

Fah! Lexx was good. At least give it SOME respect for being able to finish. Not too many shows these days can say that, after all.

And although I never really got to watch it, I felt that some of the changes they made in the Tick series just weren't right. I doubt it impacted the show all THAT much, but still. Anyways, both shows met untimely fates, which is a shame.

Fah! Lexx was good. At least give it SOME respect for being able to finish. Not too many shows these days can say that, after all.

And although I never really got to watch it, I felt that some of the changes they made in the Tick series just weren't right. I doubt it impacted the show all THAT much, but still. Anyways, both shows met untimely fates, which is a shame.

I could never stand Lexx, but found The Tick to be a hoot.

cast.jpg

Patrick Warburton as The Tick
David Burke as Arthur
Liz Vassey as Captain Liberty
Nestor Carbonell as Batmanuel

The only one of the cast I found hard to take was David Burke as Arthur. The rest were great!

Back