• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Who`s your fav B5-character ?

Oh, Lyta is definitely my favourite female character, right before Ivanova, and probably second favourite altogether. I really liked her. Maybe that's part of the reason why I am not exactly fond of Sheridan - whatever the reasons, I don't feel that he treated her the way she deserved to be treated.

It's just that the question was "favourite" character and well, there can only be one of those for me. /ubbthreads/images/icons/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif Heh, I think G'Kar is not just my favourite B5 character but maybe the best fictional character I have ever come across, be it TV, movies or books! He's just so ... perfect. Not in the "perfect as without flaws" sense, as he has plenty of those, but just such a well-rounded, 'real' character that is larger-than-life but yet completely plausible.

Wow Lyta you named a computer and tool after her. Talk about devotion to your favorite character. Yeah, I understand how your favorite can change depending on your mood. Mine does all the time, but it's only changes between 4 characters so I'm fine.

For some reason, it seems that the more replies to this thread, the more people I find out who hate or dislike Delenn, Sheridan, or both.

Kribu, I see your point about G'kar. I guess he could be seen as a "real" character, but thank goodness not like an actual real person. Could you see a Narn with green skin and orange spots walking down the street or something/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by DW:
<font color=yellow>
For some reason, it seems that the more replies to this thread, the more people I find out who hate or dislike Delenn, Sheridan, or both.
</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

you see why i feel vastly out numbered. Were are the Delenn lovers to back me up?

I love both Delenn and Sheridan (especially Delenn). I've never understood how somone can not like either character and still love Babylon 5. Both of them are crucial to the series

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by *Sigh*:
<font color=yellow>Were are the Delenn lovers to back me up?</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

I started the thread , also by saying Delenn was my favourite-character , so you are sorta backing me up /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif Am sure there are many - like us - at the site who love Delenn and Sheridan , but the great thing about B5 is that there are SO many great characters in the series that everyone can find their favourite character that appeals to them! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

As I said before , it is always a matter of personal taste.

I say though : Go Delenn and Sheridan! /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

Well even if one didn't like those two, one could probably tolerate the both of them. Sure both characters were crucial to the series, but they weren't the only characters who played an important role either. That's what so great about B5. There are so many characters to choose from. I think I"ve hated and loved just about every character on the show more than once.

the only time i really, really, really dislike Delenn was when she forgot to tell John about the whole Anna might still be alive thing.

Probably her Minbari way of thinking made her do that. You know the whole tell half a truth or not to tell the whole truth until it's necessary thing. That's one of the main problems I've always had with the Minbari people.

Yeah your right because politians are bone heads sometimes/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

I don't think Delenn not telling Sheridan about Anna isn't something that could only happen to a Minbari. Delenn said she just wanted to protect Sheridan.
Sheltering and overprotecting people is something we do to loved ones everyday, so I really can't hate Delenn.
Besides, odds were Anna was dead anyway.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by *Sigh*:
<font color=yellow>the only time i really, really, really dislike Delenn was when she forgot to tell John about the whole Anna might still be alive thing.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
And Sheridan conveniently forgot to tell her about Lochley. /ubbthreads/images/icons/rolleyes.gif What a wonderful, honest couple.

A_Ranger: believe it or not, it is very much possible to not like those two and still be a B5 fan. I'm a living example of that. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif Besides, for me B5 was always a lot more about G'Kar and Londo, the Narn and the Centauri; or perhaps about the general story of learning to stand up and go ahead on your own. It was certainly not about Sheridan and Delenn for me.

But then, I'm also one who found most of S4 the most boring of all the series while most people seem to consider it the best part. *Shrugs* As Dawnchild says, that's the beauty of Babylon 5 the series - people's tastes vary wildly, and B5 had something for everyone. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back