• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Got My R2 Season 3 DVD

Elric

Regular
Well, the good news is that my DVDs arrived here at work this morning :)

However, 2 of the discs were loose and one looks like it may not work. but, ever the optimist, I thought I'd try it on my PC, but no joy, NONE of the discs work, even the ones that remained in the case. :(

I tried playing them on a differnet PC and the same problem.

This does not look good at all. I will have to wait until I get home tonight and try it on my DVD player, but I'm not holding my breath.

Has anyone else got theirs yet? If so, any problems???

Mine arrived from Play this morning disc's 2, 3 and 4 where loose. disc 4 seemed ok but 2 & 3 are very badly scratched I'm just about to try these to see if they play. Has anyone heard a response from Warner's about this yet?

I'd recommend just getting the R1 versions. They're actually multi-region (R1,R2,R3,R4) so you'll be able to play them, and they seem to work fairly well. I haven't had any scratch problems (crossing fingers for S4!).

-Tim

They use the same plastic cases in R1. I've had loose discs in all three seasons and scratched/unplayagle discs in S1 and S3. (I got lucky with S2.) So despite FlipperPA's good fortune, buying the R1/NTSC version will not ensure that you won't have the same problem. (And fixing it will will be more expensive and time consuming given shipping costs and the distances involved.)

Regards,

Joe

Well, they seem to play ok on my DVD player - not sure why they didn't play on the PC's where I work.

I haven't watched the scratched disks all the way through yet, but fingers crossed they will be ok :eek:

Every single post by a R2 purchaser on two sites that I've read complains about loose/scratched/unplayable discs on their long awaited S3.
I hope WB realise how much damage is being done to their reputation by shoddy manufacture!? :mad:

Damn, Hell, F*uck. I reaaaaally hope that my S3 will not be damaged. I had in S1 disc 1 and 4 loose, but not scratched. In S2 discs 2 and 4, but not scratched... Hope I'll get S3 working... But what keeps bugging me... Not playable on PC? Hmm.. This isn't good news at all. I have only PC with DVD-rom.. not DVD-player or whatsoever... Damn, I'll just hope they work fine for me. I don't have TV either, only TV-card, and surround speaker system on my PC... Well, it will be the day of great cursing if they don't work on PC. :mad:

Maybe it's just the dumb luck I have on occasion, but I, so far (knock on wood), haven't had a problem with any of the discs. Only on was loose and that was in S3, which I bought in the store, the other two came from Amazon and where fine.

Anybody else have that problem?

I purchased my R2 Season 3 DVDs today, it was the shops last copy. They are OK.

B5 S3 was 19th in the W H Smiths' charts and 37th in the Woolworths' chart (in Christchurch).

I had good luck with both my R1 S1 and S2 sets, but disc 4 of S3, the only set that came through airmail and not surface shipping, was scratched... figures :(
I noticed a slight shudder for a second when watching the Interludes commentary, haven't seen the rest of the disc yet.

Thank God! I received my copy of S3 DVD's today. Not a single disc was loose and there are no scratches or whatsoever. They're in perfect condition, they are tight as heck when you try to take them off from that.. But hey, they're working on PC! Every disc... oh man... bye bye real life. :D :D

Thank God! I received my copy of S3 DVD's today. Not a single disc was loose and there are no scratches or whatsoever.

Wow, you must be the first ;)

They're in perfect condition, they are tight as heck when you try to take them off from that.. But hey, they're working on PC! Every disc... oh man... bye bye real life. :D :D

Cool, glad yours are OK and play on your PC. I guess we won't hear from you for at least 20 hours or so :D

My DVD's arrived yesterday from amazon.co.uk and all but disc's 1 & 6 were loose. Luckily none of them appear to be damaged ( so far... :eek:).I didn't have this problem with S1 or S2 which I ordered from play. Still, if they're not damaged then I don't have anything to complain about :D

My DVD's arrived yesterday from amazon.co.uk and all but disc's 1 & 6 were loose. Luckily none of them appear to be damaged ( so far... :eek:).I didn't have this problem with S1 or S2 which I ordered from play.

Interestingly, my S1 & S2 were fine and I ordered them from Play. I ordered S3 from amazon.co.uk and disks 3 & 4 were loose due to fact that the a bit of the hub had broken off.

Maybe the people in the amazon warehouse like a good game of footy ;)

B5 S3 was 19th in the W H Smiths' charts and 37th in the Woolworths' chart (in Christchurch).

How is that possible, i thought season 3 wasn't out here yet (in New Zealand)

I saw season 2 at number 1 a few months ago in whitcoulles

How is that possible, i thought season 3 wasn't out here yet (in New Zealand)

I saw season 2 at number 1 a few months ago in whitcoulles

Christchurch in England. R2 came out this month.

I got my S3 DVD set from MVC in the UK on Monday. What do the other Brits on these boards think of MVC's new points scheme? They've done away with the old 2-tier pricing system in favour of a points scheme. This sucks, IMO. Now you have to spend £100 just to get £2.50 off your next purchase. Under the old scheme, you would've saved £5 (£37 instead of £42) straight away on the B5 box set (as I did with S2). :mad:

I got my S3 set from Amazon on the same day - there was one loose disc, but I've watched every episode and gone through all the special features and had no problems whatsoever. The same with S1 and S2 (when they came out).

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back