• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

WB Reissue B5 dics with Sky Full Of Stars

zantarous

Regular
There is a chap on one of the forums I visit who has been bugging WB UK since October last year to reissue the Sky Full of Stars in the correct aspect ratio. And today they have finaly releneted.

Any one in the UK who wishs to obtain the new copy must write to:
Steven Hill
Warner Home Video
Warner House
98 Theobald's Road
London
WC1X 8WB

And include your contact details along with the your original copy of the faulty disc.

This info has only emerged today so as soon as I know when the discs will be available I will post it on here.

I was so excited by this I didn't even read the full thread. The discs are already ready. It should take about two weeks to recive your new copy.

Unfortunatly WB UK can only issue R2 copies to UK consumers. However they have urged others to write to their local WB office. I know some guys are of to hassle amazon.de to sort out disc replacements for German copies.

mmm... no thanks, i don´t want to be separated from my discs for even a minute :) i don´t see any problems with the episode, the only shot that didn´t look right for me was one of the space station near the begining of the episode. I can live with that.

I encourage anyone else to do it though, just so WB learns the lesson and they check every shot in season two :)

i don´t see any problems with the episode

Then you're not looking very closely. :) Every single CGI and composite shot in the episode was taken from a 4:3 source and "stretched" horizontally to fill the 16:9 frame. This is wrong. :)

But I agree that you shouldn't have to be separated from your disc. (It is only the one disc, BTW, they aren't asking people to return the entire set.) I'd write to the address given in the thread and ask that they send the replacement first, preferably with a postage-paid return envelope, and that you will return the bad disc when you're sure the new one is good.

I don't even know why they're asking for the old disc back. Do they think that people are going to try to rip them off by falsely claiming to have a bad disc when they didn't even buy the set? Who would want 4 out of 22 episodes? This makes no sense. The bad discs have no value, they're defective. They should just be issuing replacements upon request. Personally, I'd write to them and argue the point, they may bend the rule for individuals smart enough to ask them to.

Regards,

Joe

I am not living in UK and I bought the German version, but I will still write a letter, since the German version of the set has the same disks as the UK version (no German menus etc.).

I agree with Joe here: we should send the faulty disk AFTER they have sent us the corrected one.

I am not living in UK and I bought the German version, but I will still write a letter, since the German version of the set has the same disks as the UK version (no German menus etc.).

I agree with Joe here: we should send the faulty disk AFTER they have sent us the corrected one.

Warner Brother's German address may be the correct address for DVDs purchases in Germany.

Lets wait until we have conformation that the correct faults have been corrected before a second person sends his CDs in.

Does this mean that the Season 1 DVDs have succeeded in having a second printing?

No Andrew this is just the re-authering of the faulty disc. You can read the whole story at the DVD forums.

There is now a address for the German disc owners to write to about the possibility of changing their disc. WB UK will NOT replace German discs.

As for the return of the faulty discs I too agree it is stupid but it is stipulated that this needs to be done and with all reissues you are asked to return faulty discs, al la 24, Back to the Future and Terminator.

This is great news :) However, being as paranoid & distrusting as Garibaldi, how do we know that this is legitimate? There are some sick & twisted people out there who may do this just for people to send in their DVDs.

Can anyone confirm this as Warner UKs official address?

Sorry to be so cynical, but I could include 'Warner House' in my address and receive mail addressed there. It would be awful if everyone sent their discs in good faith only to discover it was some nasty hoax.

Some of you may ask "Why would anyone do this?", but as I said, there are some pretty twisted people out there!

Oh good. I've gone through things with my Escaflowne: The Movie disc before, and I didn't want to have to go through this as well. :)

Rommie ;)

Seems like the first guy who sent his DVD off has recieved a working replacement with no squished scenes :)

I'm going to wait another week or two to see if other people get their replacements before I send mine off.

Hi All,

For those of you concerned, I sent my faulty B5 disc 2 back to Warner on friday 29th March and just got my new disk in the post this morning :D Luckily the postman was early and so I managed to watch Sky full of Stars over breakfast - and it's all as it should be. I'm well chuffed :D :D

Hi All,

For those of you concerned, I sent my faulty B5 disc 2 back to Warner on friday 29th March and just got my new disk in the post this morning :D Luckily the postman was early and so I managed to watch Sky full of Stars over breakfast - and it's all as it should be. I'm well chuffed :D :D

Great news!

I'll send mine off in the next couple of days then :D

I got mine back yesterday, it seems this was the first batch sent out as a lot of people received theirs at the same time.

I have no info on R4. You guys have to now start phoning WB Australia and inform them that R2 disc have been reauthoured. I believe German and Dutch consumers can now also get their discs swapped from their local WB offices.

I spoke to a guy in Minotaur - a major scifi/pop culture store in Melbourne, and he said that unlike in R2 WB weren't replacing R4 discs...
something to do with the Aussie "she'll be right, no worries" attitude.
I'm disappointed, to say the least... but would be happy if I was surer of our S2 release.

No man don't talk to retailers. They were very unhelpful in this insistance.Each and everytime they passed the buck to WB and so they should. This has always been WB's fault and their fault to fix.

WB Germany even buried its head in the sand even once WB UK started to reissue disc. It took about two weeks worth of writing, emailing and phoning WB GER, by German fans, for them to get their act together.

All you guys with a R4 disc must phone and complain to WB Aus. And do not take no for an answer. If the person you speak to can not help ask to speak to their manager and then keep going up the chain of command. As far as I am aware the R2 and R4 discs are the same. It makes no sense for them not to reissue Aus version.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back