• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

R2 Season 2 DVD on Monday!

The_One

Regular
Just in case anyone had forgotten, R2 Babylon 5 fans will be treated to the Season 2 DVD set on Monday 26th. So get your orders in now folks, and you might stand a chance of receiving it on the release date.

I just ordered mine from DVD.co.uk - I usually use Play.com, but I thought I'd try them instead. I seem to remember that when Season 1 came out everyone got their sets on the day of release from DVD.co.uk. The price is the same as Play.com, and they post first class instead of second, so I'm hoping to have it on either Monday or Tuesday ;)

Anyway, when it arrives, is there anything anybody wants us to check and compare to the R1 release?

Just in case anyone had forgotten, R2 Babylon 5 fans will be treated to the Season 2 DVD set on Monday 26th. So get your orders in now folks, and you might stand a chance of receiving it on the release date.

I just ordered mine from DVD.co.uk - I usually use Play.com, but I thought I'd try them instead. I seem to remember that when Season 1 came out everyone got their sets on the day of release from DVD.co.uk. The price is the same as Play.com, and they post first class instead of second, so I'm hoping to have it on either Monday or Tuesday ;)

Anyway, when it arrives, is there anything anybody wants us to check and compare to the R1 release?

I ordered mine from Play the moment they came up for pre-order @ 33.99, before the raised it to 42.99. Saved myself 9 pounds there. They shipped it yesterday, so I'll get it on Monday or Tuesday if the mail doesn't screw up.

I ordered mine from Play the moment they came up for pre-order @ 33.99, before the raised it to 42.99. Saved myself 9 pounds there. They shipped it yesterday, so I'll get it on Monday or Tuesday if the mail doesn't screw up.

9 pounds, eh? That's a good three or so pints at an English pub. I saved a good 5 American prices beers buying at Amazon.ca. Do they have an affiliate program? I did S1 through the site, but liked the $60 price tag for S2 a bit too much.

Hey Antony, how about making a merchandise page with SciFi movies that don't save you money buy ordering through Amazon.ca? Its not worth it for movies, and you could still get you percentage by making a merch page. I know I'd support it more if the prices were equal! A few movies I checked recently where Amazon.com is cheaper than Amazon.ca when shipping to the U.S. - 2001, Simpsons, Prisoner, Akira...

Just an idea for those of us who like to support the site without skinnying our wallets.

-Tim

9 pounds, eh? That's a good three or so pints at an English pub. I saved a good 5 American prices beers buying at Amazon.ca. Do they have an affiliate program? I did S1 through the site, but liked the $60 price tag for S2 a bit too much.

Hey Antony, how about making a merchandise page with SciFi movies that don't save you money buy ordering through Amazon.ca? Its not worth it for movies, and you could still get you percentage by making a merch page. I know I'd support it more if the prices were equal! A few movies I checked recently where Amazon.com is cheaper than Amazon.ca when shipping to the U.S. - 2001, Simpsons, Prisoner, Akira...

Just an idea for those of us who like to support the site without skinnying our wallets.

-Tim

Mine arrived in the post this morning. Haven't had a chance to look at it yet, though I will do right after this :)

However, there seems to be a problem. The booklet is in French. Ouch. The rest is fine, everything is in English, but the booklet is in French. This is probably just a problem with one specific batch - my guess is that it will only effect people who've ordered from DVD.co.uk for a couple of weeks.

When you get yours from Play.com, let me know if you got a French booklet too...

Mine arrived in the post this morning. Haven't had a chance to look at it yet, though I will do right after this :)

However, there seems to be a problem. The booklet is in French. Ouch. The rest is fine, everything is in English, but the booklet is in French. This is probably just a problem with one specific batch - my guess is that it will only effect people who've ordered from DVD.co.uk for a couple of weeks.

When you get yours from Play.com, let me know if you got a French booklet too...

The rest of the set is fine :/

I don't seem to be having much luck with mail order at the moment.

Play.com sent me the wrong CD the other day.
I still have to exchange my Season 1 R2 disc.
And now this...

Lots of mailing to do this week.

The rest of the set is fine :/

I don't seem to be having much luck with mail order at the moment.

Play.com sent me the wrong CD the other day.
I still have to exchange my Season 1 R2 disc.
And now this...

Lots of mailing to do this week.

Got mine yesterday from Play.com for £33.99 (Yay to pre-ordering :D)and the booklet is in english.

While the picture is still dirty it's not as bad as season one. One gripe I do have is that the titles and credits for each episode have been redone but with a different font - and it's crap :mad:

Got mine yesterday from Play.com for £33.99 (Yay to pre-ordering :D)and the booklet is in english.

While the picture is still dirty it's not as bad as season one. One gripe I do have is that the titles and credits for each episode have been redone but with a different font - and it's crap :mad:

Can't say I noticed that...

Oh, and the blooper real is in the same place as the R1 version. It's absolutely hilarious! I hope we get more next season :p

Can't say I noticed that...

Oh, and the blooper real is in the same place as the R1 version. It's absolutely hilarious! I hope we get more next season :p

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back