• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Casting Rumors

He sure is qualified for other things! duelling, intrigue, Centauri opera, How to piss off a Technomage.. I would take any of those classes from him.

I'm afraid to get too excited. Can it really be true??

I've posted JMS's full message updating the status of various projects in another thread, but thought I should post this excerpt here:

Date: Sat, Aug 26 2006 4:42 am
Email: jmsa...@aol.com
Groups: rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated

I've also started in on the writing for the first B5: Lost Tales script, and we've now spoken to several of the original cast members, who are on board with the idea. It's still going to be a factor of what deals can be made and with whom, as well as story elements that are now being worked out, but things are moving ahead. Because some of the crew and others we wanted won't be available until October, we've pushed a bit, which is fine, since it gives me a bit more time to get the script where it needs to be and start laying out my shot list as director

I had a feeling he'd need to know which cast members were at least interested before he started writing and that the complicated logistics of a project like this might lead to the start of production being pushed back.

Regards,

Joe

Here's hoping for some Bill Mumy news!

As soon as I heard the idea for 'The Lost Tales', with never-gotten-around to stories for individual characters, all I could think about was finding out what happened to poor Lenier between betraying Sheridan, and his death as alluded to in Sleeping in Light.

Here's hoping for some Bill Mumy news!

As soon as I heard the idea for 'The Lost Tales', with never-gotten-around to stories for individual characters, all I could think about was finding out what happened to poor Lenier between betraying Sheridan, and his death as alluded to in Sleeping in Light.

No kidding, but that might be too big a story for this project.

I think the general consensus of opinion is Lenier died redeeming himself at about the same time as the Psych war. :)

But I don't think we'll ever see it told now. Unless JMS can make movies FAST, he seems to be booked through the next century. :LOL:

This is the man who wrote all of Seasons 3 and 4, all but one of Season 5, and most of Season 2. He can work fast when he has to.

I must admit there is a lot of posabilities here.Sinclaires girlfriend,Zack,Bester,Vir are a few I'd like to see.The soul hunters,agents of the shadows(like the one that ate organs in series 1)would be a few things I'd like to see.

Exciting eh :D

:beer:

I'd really like to see Catherine Sakai's story played out (we believe she went back in time and became the mother of Valen's children).

On the second disk that comes out (If they continue), I'd be interested in seeing the Telepath War played out through 3 different characters (1 character's role per segment). Think the Telepath War could be done justice in this way? I'm not holding out hope we will ever be getting a Theatrical Movie or MinSeries of it, so this may be the next best thing, since we do have other snippets from Crusade, the Telepath Trilogy and JMS statements to round out the story in our heads.

Think the Telepath War could be done justice in this way?

No, I really don't.

I'm not holding out hope we will ever be getting a Theatrical Movie or MinSeries of it

Why not? The talks that led to The Lost Tales in the first place started out with WB approaching JMS about doing a theatrical film. He didn't feel emotionally ready to tackle writing such a large project without the actors and characters he's so recently lost, so TLT was his counter offer for a near-term B5 project.

If anything TLT and JMS's increasing profile as a feature film writer make it more, not less, likely that we'll see a B5 theatrical film in four or five years, and the Teep War is still the most likely subject for big budget, major studio B5 film, since it is the one major story that JMS has consistently avoided telling all these years. He's clearly been saving it for the right moment, and that moment may not be terribly far off.

(It was exactly the kind of story he wouldn't burn off for a lower-budget indy B5 film like what The Memory of Shadows was shaping up to be. That would merely have been a "proof of concept" vehicle to show that B5 could attact an audience on the big screen, something to build on for subsequent films.)

Regards,

Joe

With jms going to be directing these minimovies for The Lost Tales, and his getting more high level attention as a writer, I personally think he's setting himself up to be able, should the opportunity come along, to direct a B5 theatrical film.

No doubt the theatrical film becomes more likely as the momentum builds. I just hadn't considered he was deliberately holding back the Teep War from the last Theatrical film attempt because it was going to be more "Indy" than what the Teep War deserves. I looked at it precisely the opposite, but, Joe's theory does make sense and renews hope for me.

With jms going to be directing these minimovies for The Lost Tales, and his getting more high level attention as a writer, I personally think he's setting himself up to be able, should the opportunity come along, to direct a B5 theatrical film.

I thought much the same but in his most recent comment on TLT he indicated that he only directed "SiL" because he really wanted to make sure that that episode was exactly what he had in his head, and is only directing the first of the initial three installments of TLT in order to set the style and tone for what is to come. "I have no interest in directing" remains his basic position.

I think if he gets a really strong exec producer contract that lets him select a director he's comfortable with and gives him final cut (or at least allows for a producer's cut before the studio's final cut) he won't need to direct a B5 feature.

Regards,

Joe

Woo Hoo!

I have not posted here in quite some time, but I had to drop in and join in the party.

I am glad to hear that new B5 is on its way.

I hope that PJ can be coaxed out of retirement. The good Centauri Ambassador to Babylon 5 was a favorite of mine.

It would be great to see Bill Mumy reprise the role of Lenier. He was my father's favorite. He insisted on referring to the character as "little ears."

Frizzell

Bringing this over here from a report by OmahaStar on JMSNews.com:

Peter Jurasik (Londo) confirmed during a panel at Dragon*Con that he has talked with JMS, and will be in the Lost Tales. The other 3 actors (Julie Caitlin Brown, Stephen Furst, and Mira Furlan) either didn't know, or couldn't say anything about it.

Peter confirmed that the first set of three stories will be about the Humans, and he will not be involved in those. The second set of three stories will be about aliens, and Londo will be in at least one of those stories.

The entire post reporting from DragonCon can be found here.

Jan

I"m sure it'll never happen, but it would be great if Stephen Furst (Vir) could be in a story with Londo again.

They could talk him into wearing that fat suit again, couldn't they? :D

Well, he had lost most of the weight by Season 5, so they could easily put it in that time frame. I'm sure that in the 16 years between Objects at Rest and Londo's death, there could be 20 ir 30 minutes of uncovered material. :D

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back