• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Scif and fantasy's funniest moments some intentionall and some not

Garovorkin

Regular
This one is wide open and in the spirit of fun. What are the most memorable funny moments in both the genres scifi and fantasy? this topic includes episodes from every series theatrical films, live action and animation all types.Things intentionally funny, Unintentionally funny or in other words so bad they are funny. Things like bad acting, bad writing ,low rent not so special effects, insane camera techniques and directorial techniques that violate convention and defy intelligent description and good taste. :guffaw:

I think "Farscape" had plenty of those moments.One of them was Rygel farting helium or Crichton saying to the others that they can "kiss their asses goodbye" and they were all looking at him in a strange way until he explained that it's just a saying.Also Aeryn Sun telling her captain that Crichton comes from a planet called Earp.;)

"LEXX" also had a lot of funny moments.Especially when the robot head started to love Kai instead of Zev.;)

Star Trek TNG- A woman from the past woke up after several hundred years and the first thing she saw was Worf.After that she became unconscious again.;)

Last edited:
Red Dwarf Kyten is defending Rimmer from charges that he killed the crew of the Red Dwarf. the whole trial is a scream, but what tops it off is Kryten's closing statement. " the only thing that Arnold j. Rimmer is guilty of is being Arnold J. Rimmer, that is his crime and his punishment".

Last edited:
Damn! Garovorkin beat me to it. Many moments in "Red Dwarf" are the funniest science fiction I've ever seen. :thumbsup:

That is a great choice, by the way. And is there some thing we can call you that's a bit shorter than 'Garovorkin'?

I'm very lazy. :D

I wish they would bring back Mystery Science theater 3000 . Who could forget the treatment they gave to such incredible Schlock movie classics as The Incredible Melting Man or The Horror of Party Beach or The Screaming Skull. They ought to revive Mystery Science theater because so many more funny bad and bad funny movies have come along. Director Uwe Boll and his films BroodRayne and Alone In the Dark for example just needs to have the Mystery Science treatment.

By the way, did anyone out there know that Actress Pia Zadora made her acting debut in the legendary super schlock 1964 movie Santa Clause Conquers the Martians? I believe it got the Mystery Science 3000 treatment, this Turkey , truly epic in its comic badness has really funny bad acting , set design and special effects of a quality you might find in a really good Ed Woods film production. What writer and director would want there name's even attached to this ? On top of it all, someone in some office overlooking some studio thought this was a good idea for a film and that decision alone should be considered one of science fiction's great comic tragic moments.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail , the killer rabbit of course and I believe a certain episode Xena Warrior Princess did a wonderful homage to that bit, the episode was Hell and Sickness. Gabriel was hunting for food saw this cute seemingly innocent harmless little bunny rabbit, she's just about to bag the bunny when it sprouts fangs, the scene cuts away for a moment comes back , there's Gabriel rolling on the ground screaming the bunny latched onto her throat growling she's punching at. finally gets back to camp a little roughed up complaining about vicious the bunny was.:guffaw:

Hypatia use Garo for short if this helps.

Last edited:
Kristiana Loken every time she attempts to act. Who can forget her stiff wooden unintentionally funny portrayal of Jane Vasco in the mercifully short lived Painkiller Jane TV series. And lets not forget her Bloodrayne movie, perfect Mystery Science theater 3000 material. I have to admit though I thought that here her acting style did fit the character of the TX Terminator.

Last edited:
By the way does anyone remember the Japan's answer to Star Wars? its called

MESSAGE FROM SPACE, it came out about a year after Star Wars and it featured cut rate special effects, something that I think was acting, Im not sure on that one, writing ,well in those days that was not a consideration in Japanese live action science fiction and fantasy films.

Such great dialog, they had a Lady Han Solo about to launch against the Enemy force uttering this immortal phrase "They don't call me Kamikazi for nothing". :guffaw: My question would have been "No how much to they pay you to call you that". It also feature a bunch of elders on a wooden masted ship sailing though space dispensing mystical Walnuts, trust me this one you just have to see to believe. Its funnier then any scripted comedy. :guffaw:

The there is the great Italian space Saga STAR CRASH, god, its even funnier then message from space.the main character played by Anna Alicia (Falcon Crest fame) is called Stella Star, yes thats her name :guffaw:

The last but not least there is Troma films epic schlockarama

A NYMPHOID BARBARIAN IN DINOSAUR HELL. the title speaks for itself, if anyone is interested there is a clip of the movie preview on youtube. you really have to see this one to believe it exists is hilariously cheezy:guffaw:

Last edited:
Just a point of clarification ... in Britain, 6 episodes is a series, not a mini-series.

:p

Yes... welcome to what we call "Rip-off Britain" where the majority of people have such a good sense of fair play, that they will let you give them less for more.

I'd like to submit the classic Dale Arden line from Flash Gordon:

"Flash, Flash I love you... but we only have 14 hours to save the Earth!"

And the legend that is Brian Blessed just steals every scene with his cardboard wings and booming voice.

Kristiana Loken every time she attempts to act. Who can forget her stiff wooden unintentionally funny portrayal of Jane Vasco in the mercifully short lived Painkiller Jane TV series. And lets not forget her Bloodrayne movie, perfect Mystery Science theater 3000 material. I have to admit though I thought that here her acting style did fit the character of the TX Terminator.

Lokken is hot sauce on a stick, so she can be as wooden as she wants to be. But, BloodRayne, just like every Uwe Boll movie not named Alone in The Dark, was so bad that is was awesome. That's one of the reasons I've never gotten the Boll hatred, dude makes movies that are fricking awesome to watch for how bad they are, and the world needs dudes like that.

Cell this about the humerous side of science fiction and Fantasy whats funny and what to make fun of It's fun to sit back look at old or new schlocky scif Movie Monster and say " Oh my God, that poor hero he's being menaced by a bad special effect"! And to appreciate both types for what they are. If Bolls movies bring joy to people more power to the man, but Im still going to make fun of them, especially if they are schlock. Cell this thread is about having fun and laughing at the absurd. Life is serious sometimes too serious to bear ,we need to laugh at something. laughter does give you some measure of hope.

Last edited:
Far out Space nuts staring Bob Denver, He's helping his friend Barney load the food containers on a spceship on launch standby
Barney ask for Breakfast, Junior he press thebreakfast button Dinner he presses the diner button, , Barney tells to press lunch for lunch. Junior presses the Launch button instead.

Barney Exclaims I SAID LUNCH, NOT LAUNCH ! and away the go into some of the most twisted adventures of all time. This show is kind of a precursor to Red Dwarf. Forget your brain just enjoy it.

Dude, that's exactly what I just said. My exact words were, "dude makes movies that are fricking awesome to watch for how bad they are." I'm saying that his movies are bad, but they are the good kind of bad that you can have fun with and make fun of, as opposed to Alone In The Dark that is just bad period.

Sorry Cell i have a tendency to do things like that. Did you see the petition that they were trying to get him to stop making movies? if you so bad that the fans are after you to stop then I Would say you've definitely made an Impact. Boll himself did an online attack of those people trying to get him to quite. I guess this would rate as a truly funny scif moment. Boll has absolute belief in own perceived greatness, legend in his own mind and he is both fearless and brazen in his opinions. He is one of a kind I will give you that. He's the second coming of Ed wood, only he's Ed Wood with an attitude. The fact that he is able to get good actors to be in his films tells me one thing, that he must be an incredible salesman or the actors may in some perverse way think it s some kind of fashion statement to actually be in one of his films.On this on I have no Idea how he does it.

Latest posts

Members online

Back