• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

I don't mean to sound paranoid...

SamGadsby

Regular
Re: I don\'t mean to sound paranoid...

You're right. Every is starting a string of praise for him. Who is he? I searched IMDB and found six people with that name.

------------------
"Gideon says we all have things to hide."
"Does he? How unfortunate, I was hoping he'd come further than that. Well not that it isn't true of course, it's just that one simply doesn't have to say it."

"I was just trying to work out whether a comment from me right now would be most wanted or least needed."

I'm the one who discovered this messageboard from the "About" website last week and started this campaign. Alot of folks are expressing their views as old soap and SciFi fans of Andrew's. I didn't realize that new members couldn't express their views. All joking aside, check out his websites and you be the judge:
www.us.imdb.com/Name?Jackson,+Andrew+(II)
www.geocities.com/canadian_sf/pages/actors/jackson.htm

At this late date, I assume all roles have been casted. If Andrew is casted in this role, which I hope, we will soon hear from the producers and Andrew. Fingers crossed!

------------------

To me he was simply unknown before. Thanks for the links.

------------------
Canned flarn is a sacrilege.

Well, I wasn't putting down newbies, it's just that when you've been hanging out on online discussion forums for a while, you start to recgnize certain patterns. So when several of newbies show up at once, saying more or less the same thing, there's usually a reason.

Somtimes it's done deliberatly by someone with an agenda, and sometimes it's just by accident (like the time a forum I frequent was suddenly filled with Survivor posts. Turns out it had been mentioned on a big radio show the day before.)

I liked him in E:FC, but that's all I know him from.

------------------
Star_TrekMISC261580.jpg
<font size="-2" color="silver">"The Babylon Project was our last, best, hope for peace.
A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral
territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter
of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space,
all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of
mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is
the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is
2259: the name of the place is Babylon 5."

andrew jackson? i thought he was dead! at least he looks that way on the money! more vorlon trickery!

------------------
"what is it, you moon-faced assassin of joy?!?!!"

Yeah I didn't really know him at all.

But now i do recongnize him from Stargate Sg-1 I don't find anyhting special about him but that wasn't much screen time.

Time will tell.

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

I was directed to this site to support Andrew by a friend of his whom I play a V role play with. I do find this message board a very good one and think I'll be checking in often. I do look forward to this new B5 project.

Larry

------------------
"Those who can't hear the music, think the dancers are mad."

I don\'t mean to sound paranoid...

...but don't anyone else find it a bit odd that a whole bunch of new members suddely appeared and started praising Mr. Andrew Jackson?

Hmm, yes... sounds like Mr. Jackson's minions are lurking about, maybe even Andrew himself?
wink.gif
BTW, yeah drakh, you do sound a bit paranoid..
wink.gif

------------------
vakie

It's not paranoia if they really ARE out to get you. :p

I thought the same thing myself, though, looking over some of the messages. Seems like Andrew Jackson has a bunch of his IRL friends going to message boards and posting how great he is. LOL! J/K

Personally, even IF it were true, I don't care. If the guy is a good actor then I'm all for it. Unfortunately the only place I know him from is as the Jaridian in E:FC and it's been a while since that episode aired, so my memory of his acting in it is hazy. (I know the guy was also on both Highlander series', so I've definitely seen him twice more as I've seen every episode of both, but for the life of me I can't remember the episodes in question)

Unfortunately I'm having trouble with one of the links above, and the other doesn't have a good pic of him. So can anyone post a link to a decent pic of the man? I'd like to see the face of the Captain in Rangers, if he did indeed get the role.

------------------

To Captain Matthew Gideon

I am guilty; I'm the one who discovered this board last week and told a number of Andrew Jackson's old Sci-Fi and Soap Opera fans about it. Through my Toronto sources I knew about him auditioning. I spread the word; big deal. Since when is it a crime for a fan to support an actor for any project or show? Don't you have your favourites?
Although to-date there is no official announcements of the actors, I believe the British Columbia Film Board has let the cat out of the bag. I would assume from checking the IMDb that Dylan Neal has the part of David (I don't know much about him). And Alex Zahara is one of the support leads ( I am told that he is a local Vancouver actor & is very good).
As far as pictures of Andrew, check out the "Made in Canada" - Canadian Science Fiction's Picture Gallery, scroll down to pages of the British Magazine - TV Zone - issues #34 & #124. Click on any page to enlarge. Any of the pictures will enlarge in this gallery.
As far as airing on TV, if you are in the UK (Sky Movie Max)he is appearing opposite Sela Ward in "Catch a Falling Star" a number of times. If your in the USA, he will be appearing as the rich American in the 5th. season of the "Wind at My Back" series on the Odyssey Network.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>To Captain Matthew Gideon

I am guilty; I'm the one who discovered this board last week and told a number of Andrew Jackson's old Sci-Fi and Soap Opera fans about it. Through my Toronto sources I knew about him auditioning. I spread the word; big deal. Since when is it a crime for a fan to support an actor for any project or show? Don't you have your favourites?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Relax, Amicenig. I never said it was a crime or anything of the sort. Let me just clarify what I said:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Seems like Andrew Jackson has a bunch of his IRL friends going to message boards and posting how great he is. LOL! J/K<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The "LOL!" and "J/K" (which stands for "Just Kidding") indicating the humorous intent of what I had said. Which was followed by this:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Personally, even IF it were true, I don't care. If the guy is a good actor then I'm all for it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Take note of the bold part. Where I'm saying that even if it were true that Andrew Jackson had a bunch of his friends going around on the net, I didn't care. The only thing that concerns me is if the man's a good actor or not. And from what I've read in this thread, it doesn't seem as if that's in question.

So don't worry about it. I'm not attacking you or anyone else for being a fan of the guy. I was just joking around. We're all here, after all, because we're fans of the Babylon 5 universe and we like to talk about it.

Anyway, thanks for the link. I'll check it out, now.

------------------

The reason I reacted, is to quote Captain Gideon - "I don't like being played".

If someone knows about an actor that may be inolved, I don't mind hype posts (heck, I'd even encourage them), but they should be clearly marked as such, and not in any way pretent to be from the established fandom.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back