• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

B5 New CGI Effects - Personal Project

Hi everyone

I am a great fan of new CGI effects and have had a couple of friends reworking the effects on Blake's 7 and Doctor Who episodes for my personal collection.
So far we have finished about eight Blake's 7 episodes and one Doctor Who episode. Not just the space shots but monitors and viewer screen etc. For the Doctor Who episode 1 of the Ark in Space we have replaced the Ark window shots of light bulbs with the Earth below.
Having had such great results I have asked one of the animators to redo me an episode of Babylon 5 hopefully the first of many.

So I have picked one of my favourites "Interludes And Examinations" to start with and the first shot came in this morning and I will post it later today. No space battles yet but the first beauty shot of the station orbiting our (for me) slightly more interesting looking Epsilon 3. I will post more pictures if there is an interest so comment away.

Best Wishes

The Great One

Babylon5-Image1.jpg

The first shot!!!

[sigh] This is reminding me of the days when we'd see new B5 on our screens.

I am sooooooo science-fiction starved right now. :(

Last edited:
That's a very ambitious project, good luck with it :) Looks nice so far. I'd love to see you Blake's 7 & Dr. Who ones too.

Interludes and Examinations updated

Image1_0081.jpg

A little constructive criticism:

That's somewhat ambiguous. If it's the Battlecrab firing, the beam should be red~magenta. If it's being hit by a Vorlon beam, the color should be green~yellow and to avoid confusion, it shouldn't hit where the Battlecrab beam emitter is.

Thanks for the input but its finished now and from my point of view you could say its a re imagining of the effects. I won't be doing anymore B5 as they take longer and are less different or an improvement on the originals the classic Dr Who and Blakes Seven episodes really look so much better with the updates.

Latest posts

Members online

Back