• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Legend of the Rangers in the UK

From the news section:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>UK SCI-FI Channel takes "wait and see" policy
No news as yet on a UK premiere for B5LR
(posted at 09:32PST by AntonyF)

Having spoken with the UK SCI-FI Channel today, I am informed that there are currently no plans to show the Babylon 5: The Legend of the Rangers telemovie.

The channel has indicated that they will wait and see how the telemovie fairs in the US before making a commitment. This means that a decision won't be probably be made until January 2002 at the earliest.

The UK SCI-FI Channel, which is a seperate company to the US channel, continues to show Babylon 5 weekdays at 13:00 and 19:00. It also periodically airs the current B5 telemovies.

B5LR.com will be in contact with the channel in the future, and we'll keep you posted on any news.

The B5LR telemovie is set to make its US premiere on January 1 2002.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does anyone know if Channel 4 is at all interested in buying Rangers? I'm not going to buy a satellite dish just to watch one series...

I'll get in contact with C4 and ask.

I think cable carries Sci-Fi too. You don't know what you're missing without satelite.
smile.gif
Even though I don't watch much TV, Sci Fi and Sky One give some nice programming.

------------------
Dreg: "Most beauteous and supremely magnificent one, this dark spell I hold in my worthless and scabby hand is our gift to you, most tingly and wonderful Glorificus..."
Glory: "Please, call me Glory. And get up, looking at you is hurting my neck."
Dreg: "Forgive me, shiny special one. I beg of you to rip out my inadequate tongue."
Glory: "Gimme."

IMHO, cable's the way to go in the UK. I use NTL - discounted cable 'cos I use their phone service, plus the 'little' bonus of unlimited, totally free internet time.

------------------

I have NTL in my bedroom, and Sky Digital downstairs. Best of both worlds.
smile.gif

I've been phoning up NTL today though. When they drilled my house for the wiring, they also drilled straight through the drain pipe. How idiotic can you get?

------------------
Dreg: "Most beauteous and supremely magnificent one, this dark spell I hold in my worthless and scabby hand is our gift to you, most tingly and wonderful Glorificus..."
Glory: "Please, call me Glory. And get up, looking at you is hurting my neck."
Dreg: "Forgive me, shiny special one. I beg of you to rip out my inadequate tongue."
Glory: "Gimme."

Where I live we are not allowed to have satellite dishs on our flats and the cable half a mile up the road. So I hope it is shown on Channel 4 or BBC2. It will probably end up on Channel 5 UK which I can not receive either.

------------------
Andrew Swallow

I live in a very isolated area. I can't get C4 or C5. I'm limited to BBC1,2,HTV & S4C. I can't have cable and I don't want Sky. That puts me in a tricky position, doesn't it? Luckily, the solution is to buy the videos. They come out faster than the telly shows them (at least with Crusade), and finding them on Amazon.co.uk makes it much easier than trawling around town.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back