• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Deep Space Nine

Just in case...there might be spoilers contained in my ramblings:

In DS9 Garak was one of my favorite characters as was Kira in the first few seasons. The show had a dark underbelly that I enjoyed and was much more violent than the other Trek's. I never did understand why they brought Ezri Dax to DS9..to me that seems almost like torture to poor Worf. But of course I was always hoping Troi and Worf would get together after watching All Good Things...

Angel is better than Buffy right now and the characters have changed soo much, which I really enjoy. Buffy seems to have lost some of its wonder and humor from the first few seasons. Even though it was the creature of the week or the season's Big Bad, it was still somewhat light hearted at times. Last season was just too moody and depressing, I fear it probably only has one, maybe two seasons left.

If anyone wants to see Ezri Dax, she's on USA's Dead Zone now.

I never did understand why they brought Ezri Dax to DS9..to me that seems almost like torture to poor Worf. But of course I was always hoping Troi and Worf would get together after watching All Good Things...

Troi and Worf? Puhlease. Second most ill-conceived pairing in the history of Trek (The first being Chakotay and Borgarella). One thing I can say about Worf, though. He did get a wide assortment of tail over the course of the shows.

He did get a wide assortment of tail over the course of the shows.

Yeah, and they also had a pretty good track record of dying. Moral of the story: don't date Worf. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Worf did get alot of tail during the run of Trek..but Worf and Dax? Come on..it would have more exciting to see Bashir and Dax get together....And I think Troi and Worf made a cute couple.

Since season two of DS9 comes out in two more days (In my neck of the woods.) I figured I'd let everyone know what I thought about season one... and If anyone wonders... I am all caught up on the DVDs. ;) :p

Well, lets see... Where do I start? How about from the beginning. I can't watch any of the episodes from TOS. It was a little before my time so whenever an episode comes on I loose interest and change the channel. I can watch TNG though... but whenever I watch the opening credit sequence I get really depressed, am I the only one?

Moving on to DS9... when I bought the DVDs I had only seen maybe one or two episodes of the entire show so I didn't know what to expect. I hadn't even gotten through the first episode when I decided the I liked it more than TNG. I really enjoyed the first season and now I can't wait for season two. I know what happens... but then I haven't seen the episodes yet.

Here's my take on a few things...
<ul type="square">[*]Sisko smiled a little too much.
[*]Kira's acting was a little off on the first episode.
[*]My first impression of Garak was that he was a gay Cardassian. :LOL:
After watching his performance a few more times I changed my mind though.[/list]
That's about it for now. :D

Sisko is no good until he shaves his head and grows a beard. :D

And what changed your mind on Garak? Even Andrew Robinson admits that he was rather camp... and played him that way.

And what changed your mind on Garak?
Well... when he first introduced himself he just came off that way. No matter how many times I watched it I still thought he was..... well... you know. ;)

I watched the entire episode a few times and just came to the conclusion that he was a spy and that he just acted the way he does. The part where he almost fights B'Etor may have helped me come to this.
It would have been nice if he punched her in the throat. I would of enjoyed that. :p

Anyway... after a few days of wondering the truth I got online and read up on his character. :D

Garak gets much cooler later on in the series. He has a couple of moments in the last two season that are some of the best on TV ever. He, Gol Dukat, and the Klingon general Martok are my favorite recurring characters on DS9.

(For anyone who doesn't know, that was a Spencer For Hire reference.)

It's funny you should bring that up because when I was recently watching a repeat of DS9, there was a commercial for a local easy listening station - and Robert Urich was the spokesman! Kinda ironic, eh?

I got lucky with the DS9 S1 DVDs. My school has several meal plan options. I went for the cheapest plan which limits me to 10 meals a week at the dining hall and $250 dining points each semester. Now, they expect us to use these points for meals at campus resteraunts and the local grociery store and some other eating places ... but they are also accepted at CD Warehouse. Well, I found DS9 there and I have to use my points up before the end of the semester or loose 'em. So Hello DVDs. :D

To make the story even better, I haven't paid for the meal plan yet. Some of it's paid for grants, others by loans. So technically my college paid for me (for the next few years) to buy DVDs. :D

Sisko is no good until he shaves his head and grows a beard. :D

And what changed your mind on Garak? Even Andrew Robinson admits that he was rather camp... and played him that way.

Bashir and Garak made such a cute couple, in a slightly odd fashion.

Admiral Dave

I just got season two today and watched most of the important episodes. :D

So, it was that thing in his head that made him... uh..... happy. ;)

Garak gets much cooler later on in the series. He has a couple of moments in the last two season that are some of the best on TV ever. He, Gol Dukat, and the Klingon general Martok are my favorite recurring characters on DS9.
Yeah... he does get alot cooler in season two. It would of been better if he had more than one episode in the first season though.

And I can see now why you like Gul Dukat... the only thing that I liked about him from before was his beard from that one epidsode in TNG. I'm liking him alot more now though.
"What's that human saying? Oh yes, shoot to kill." (Not an exact quote.)

Yesterday I watched the first three episodes of the season 2. I think it's the first triple-part episode I ever saw. It was excellent. Just my kind of story- politics, violence, deception.

The guy that played the Bajoran war hero, Lee something-or-other, looked very familiar. I keep thinking I've seen him as a villain before.

And, Richard Beymer played Tony in the West Side Story movie musical. Can't say I particularly liked him in it.

Thanks, Ant! I did give him the ol' IMDB treatment: I know him as Benjamin Horne from Twin Peaks- one of the best characters and performances from the series.

I actually never saw West Side Story. Never been one for musicals, myself.

Well I have had my ds9 set for more than a week a head of the official release so I have just finished watching marquis part onw and loving every episode .

I just started disc 3. "Necessary Evil," where they show how Odo met Kira and Quark, was a brilliant episode. I am loving season 2 so far. Of the first 9 episodes, only 2 or 3 were not great.

Back