• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Question on the gathering

I rewatched the gathering over the weekend and a question came into my mind .If no one had supposedly ever seen a vorlon or had any contact with them then how did the minbari assasin know which one would even work on a vorlon ?

Well, the "ever" comments were all made by Humans.

The Minbari had been in contact with the Vorlons during the time of the previous Shadow War (1000 years before).

Also, it is possible that the Minbari group responsible for the attempt on Kosh's life had gotten help from a representative of the Shadows (someone such as Mr. Morden), although they probably would not have known who their bosses actually were.

Well, you can't say that the alien races didn't work together :devil:
SPOILER for the Gathering. Come on, who hasn't seen that yet?
Humans, Minbari and Narn working together to assasinate the Vorlon ambassador is a kind of intergalactic cooperation too, right? :D

Well, the "ever" comments were all made by Humans.

The Minbari had been in contact with the Vorlons during the time of the previous Shadow War (1000 years before).

Also, it is possible that the Minbari group responsible for the attempt on Kosh's life had gotten help from a representative of the Shadows (someone such as Mr. Morden), although they probably would not have known who their bosses actually were.

Well that does make a little more sense .Since I don't think the vorlons would have made that info public knowledge that florazine would potentially kill one of their people.And I think Sinclair maskes a comment about it in the War Prayer .I always found that scene a little weird even after watching the show a few times that the posion question was never asked again .Unless Iam forgetting something.

Well, you can't say that the alien races didn't work together
SPOILER for the Gathering. Come on, who hasn't seen that yet?
Humans, Minbari and Narn working together to assasinate the Vorlon ambassador is a kind of intergalactic cooperation too, right?

Yes I have seen it before :rolleyes:That is the purpose of this forum is to ask a question if you don't know or can't find an answer.

I will add one thing to the story. The first of the Psi Corps books shows that the telepaths had worked out that the Vorlons had created them, but they did not have any proof. (What happened on the trip to Venus was covered up.) The highest test of the truth known to telepaths is a scan. Lyta was sent to get that proof but to protect against reverse scanning was not told her real mission. Takashima the Psi Corps slave then organised the encounter.

Back