• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Futurama news

I just hope they can keep the quality up, unlike various other animated comedies that I once loved.

Family Guy never had much quality in the first place.

I heard they are going to use new voice actors for though, which will suck.

I heard they are going to use new voice actors for though, which will suck.

No, fortunately they have signed on the entire original cast I was surprised to hear that, but it is good news.

Time will tell if the writing suffers.

I'm sure that the show is quite capable of picking up from where it left it. You just wait and see!

I think Futurama works better in short form than it did in the longer direct-to-DVD form. That said, I still thought the 4 movies were more hit than the miss with only real disappointment (for me) being The Beast With A Billion Backs.

Yea but South Park has been on this entire time. Family Guy was legendary, was cancelled before its time, its writers went on to do American Dad, and then when Family Guy came back it was a ghost of its former self.

South Park, while falling pretty hard, overall kept itself solid for a LOT longer than most shows that run that long, and still can bust out a solid episode now and then.

Yea but South Park has been on this entire time. Family Guy was legendary, was cancelled before its time, its writers went on to do American Dad, and then when Family Guy came back it was a ghost of its former self.

South Park, while falling pretty hard, overall kept itself solid for a LOT longer than most shows that run that long, and still can bust out a solid episode now and then.

I'm going to have to disagree with you. South Park has come back strong in the last 3 years and has been as good as it's ever been. If it's true that the writers of Family Guy went to American Dad then they never were very good because AD, Family Guy and the Cleveland Show are sub par. Family Guy was OK but I never found it great. Futurama on the other hand was brilliant for almost every episode.

Another animated series that went bad - that has probably not been mentioned here yet as saying so would be as redundant as saying that the X-Files fell apart - is the Simpsons. I cought two random newer episodes on an airplane a few weeks ago - my god was that bad. It had all the badness of the bad episodes that made me stop watching that show years ago, squared. This might be "relevant" here as there's a certain overlap between the Simpsons/Futurama creative teams. But, Futurama was still good when the Simpsons had long started sucking.

Another animated series that went bad - that has probably not been mentioned here yet as saying so would be as redundant as saying that the X-Files fell apart - is the Simpsons. I cought two random newer episodes on an airplane a few weeks ago - my god was that bad. It had all the badness of the bad episodes that made me stop watching that show years ago, squared. This might be "relevant" here as there's a certain overlap between the Simpsons/Futurama creative teams. But, Futurama was still good when the Simpsons had long started sucking.
Well, the Simpsons has been on for about 150 Seasons, it couldn't go on forever and still be great

I'm glad for Family Guy's comeback for two things:

1. The episode where Meg was obsessed with Brian
2. Jillian

The Simpsons movie was really good, just like the old mid 90's episodes. I stopped watching the newer stuff years ago. It needs to end now.

I still watch Family Guy occasionally, but would like to see most of these shows kinda wrapped up so new fresher ones can be comissioned in their place.

I'll always hold a torch for Futurarma, as being a genre show they can do a lot more.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back