• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Lost season 4 (spoilers)

I have the strange feeling that the whole story arc of "Lost" wil turn 180 degrees and Ben and the Others will become the good guys, preventing the island from falling into the wrong people's hands.That's my explanation why Sayid works for Ben in the real life and Jack is afraid that Herley will say something to Widmore's people.

I've really grown tired of Jack-centered stories in this show, last night was little different. The only thing of importance I took away was the reminder that Claire and Jack are half-siblings, which I had forgotten.

BTW after this week's episode (and even last weeks) I really have to believe that the person in the funeral casket at the end of Season 3 was Aaron.

1) The casket was small, so a little boy would be about right
2) Who else other than the Oceanic 6 would really go to his funeral anyway?
3) Aaron's death clearly had to be what drove Jack and Kate apart (since they were pretty close in last nights ep, but Kate and him weren't speaking at the point in Season 3 finale)
4) That could also be what puts Jack over the edge and makes him get all island crazy again, as he was in Season 3 finale.

Thoughts?

Actually, it seemed to me like at the end of the episode, Jack and Kate were headed towards a break-up, caused by Jack going "island crazy," in turn because of Hurley, but also because of some yet unrevealed issues re: Sawyer.

More importantly, Kate showing off some leg was much appreciated.

I had forgotten about the funeral/casket in that scene at the end of season 3 until I read your new post over in the season 3 thread before I read this thread. Once I actually started to think about that scene in context of what we've seen in season 4 so far, I started wondering if it could be Aaron in the casket too. And then surprise, I come to this thread and see that that's what you were thinking when you posted "really REALLY ... someone else" in the other thread. :)

BTW after this week's episode (and even last weeks) I really have to believe that the person in the funeral casket at the end of Season 3 was Aaron.

1) The casket was small, so a little boy would be about right
2) Who else other than the Oceanic 6 would really go to his funeral anyway?
3) Aaron's death clearly had to be what drove Jack and Kate apart (since they were pretty close in last nights ep, but Kate and him weren't speaking at the point in Season 3 finale)
4) That could also be what puts Jack over the edge and makes him get all island crazy again, as he was in Season 3 finale.

Thoughts?

I don't think so, because after the funeral there is a scene with Kate and Jack talking and Kate says to Jack "I have to go. He's gonna be wondering where I am... "

I assume she means Aaron with that statement. And surely Kate would go to the funeral if it were Aaron?

Banal detail I'm wondering about .. Jack yells at Kate: "He isn't even related to you!" .. implying that me knows that he is Aaron's half-uncle?

In which case, how would he know?

I think there's lots more to be revealed. I still don't believe Christian Shephard is dead in the traditional sense... and I still think from the outline of his profile... that there's reasonable chance he is Jacob (or at least one manifestation/incarnation of who/what Jacob is).

Banal detail I'm wondering about .. Jack yells at Kate: "He isn't even related to you!" .. implying that me knows that he is Aaron's half-uncle?

In which case, how would he know?

I don't think it implies that at all- he just meant what he said- it was an immature emotional outburst. He's mad that Kate was doing something for Sawyer, yelling at her for chaining her life to events and people from the island. This is simply immature projection, as Jack is on his way to doing that himself, even more intensely than Kate.

Things didn't get any clearer in the last two episodes.Ben travels in a mysterious way from the island to the Sahara Desert,Miles can see and hear ghosts of dead people,Hurley sees Charlie,Jack and Claire see their father,Ben can activate the smoke monster and make it kill only the bad guys,Locke and Ben need Jacob to "tell" them what to do,Widmore and Ben have some rules of their little war,Sayid turnes into an assasin,Hurley does not know who Jacob is but he is supposed to know where his"wandering" cabin is.

Am I the only person who's LOST in all that mess.:)

Last edited:
Ben travels in a mysterious way from the island to the Sahara Desert

Which, BTW, is where the one new researcher chick from the ship found that skeleton of the Polar Bear with the Dharma logo on its leather harness, right?

Ben can activate the smoke monster and make it kill only the bad guys

But apparently not ALL bad guys, since the evil leader dude of that group and a couple of his men are apparently alive and well.

But no, you aren't the only one "Lost" with this mess. Which, sometimes that makes me wonder if thats the real meaning behind the name "Lost" :)

Which, BTW, is where the one new researcher chick from the ship found that skeleton of the Polar Bear with the Dharma logo on its leather harness, right?

Yes Recoil.There's obviously some kind of connection between the two places.A wormhole maybe.I have no idea.

Last night's episode was pretty cool. Some thought it was a snoozer but I kinda liked it. Only a couple real things to point out.

First, and I don't know if this has been mentioned here by anyone or not, but I get the distinct impression that the eyelashes dude and the black guy who visited Locke and Hurley are not on the same team.

Second, more time related stuff. Locke being asked as a kid which item was ALREADY his. Pretty cool. Be interesting to see how this all plays out.

Lastly, "move the island"!! Heh. That sounded pretty bad ass.

The knife thing was weird. Obviously that's gotta be the knife Locke carries w/ him as an adult on the island. So here's how my brain interprets it:

Ben told us that "the island needs" someone to do its bidding. First it was whoever was in charger of the Dharma initiative, than Ben, and now Locke.

That whole scene with child Locke having to choose the objects reminded me of the scene in the beginning of Kundun where the priests discover the reincarnation of the Dalai Lama by having the child select objects that belonged to the previous incarnation. As the Dalai Lama would be attracted to that which belonged to his former self, so Locke would be drawn to that which was used by his "former self"- the keeper of the island.

The man showing him the objects represents the ultimate will of the island (or that which controls it).

But the knife symbolizes his strength of will. "Don't tell me what I can't do." The island needs someone brave and ruthless and brilliant, but unfailingly loyal. Ben is all those things- Locke demonstrate the lack of absolute loyalty by wielding the knife, the manifestation of his fighting spirit and self-will.

Sure he's drawn to obey the island for now- it marks him as special; chosen. But at some point this path will lead him to conflict with his principle, compassion for his fellow man, his own survival or dignity, or something similarly more important than his allegiance to the island, leading him to grab the knife once more and betray the island.

As with Battlestar Galactica, I continue to hold out hope for this all turning out in a way that makes sense. If not, I'll... well I'll.... probably just bitch about it here for a couple of posts.

I liked the episode but I have one question:

Claire... Do you think she's dead? I know that she looks okay sitting there in the cabin with Daddy but......

GKE

That might have been the first time I have seen you make such a literary interpretation. What you said actually makes more sense than what I was thinking. It probably was very much that, and the fact he did grab the knife pissed off Eyelashes guy because he was hoping he would be the next guy for the Island, but was showing himself as too selfish....so enter later in life the other guy who sets him on his way anyway,

Woo! I'm finally caught up with this show. I can join the club (prances around.)

General Thoughts:

Love that they're using Hurley more, but a bit disheartened that he ended up in a mental institution. I find myself hoping that he (and maybe even Jack) end up back on the island again.

Jack seems to be crumbling a bit at a time. I think he's so conflicted: he wants so badly to leave, but when the time comes, we obviously know that many will be left behind (seeing as he's one of the Oceanic Six.) Hard deal as he was looked at as a leader and perhaps when he returned he felt guilt of leaving the island and leaving people behind.

Sawyer. Always liked the character, but for a few episodes he seemed to be wussified bigtime. It also seems like he decided to stay on the island and the "favor" Kate was doing for him was probably checking in on his daughter.

I definitely think Claire is dead and followed "dad" to whatever afterlife he's in. She may become a permanent fixture on the island either way. She would never have left Aaron if she was still alive, imho.

Locke is still my favorite character. His life just seems so tragic, even from the start, but I believe he's the true "owner" of the island and that will be what he ends up. I don't think he's in the coffin. I think that's either Ben or the final 6 (which we'll likely see in the next episode.)

Ben has the ability to travel between places / time. I think he's unlocked most of the secrets of the island, perhaps even the "We have to move the island" trick.

I'm wondering what the deal is with that one dude--the dark-haired guy who looks like he's wearing eyeliner (he is the one who offered Juliette a job and was there to greet young Ben in the forest when Ben went looking for his mother.) Apparently, this dude never ages.

Second, more time related stuff. Locke being asked as a kid which item was ALREADY his. Pretty cool. Be interesting to see how this all plays out.

The knife, I believe, wasn't Locke's, but he took it anyway because he didn't want to be "a scientist," he wanted to be a "hunter." He was simply being a child who saw something he wanted. (As GkarsEye stated,) it reminded me of the way they attempt to find the Dalai Lama--asking the child to pick out items that were his in a previous life as a test.

Anyway, off to read some more of the thread. I just wanted to jump in.

I'm also a bit frustrated with some of it, though enjoying it at the same time. I hope Abrahms doesn't pull the same stunt he did in Alias where we had this huge mystery about Rambaldi and his cool inventions and prophecies, then it all fell flat at the end without much explanation of past events and little resolution.

Oh, and I'm really starting to dig Ben. He's got some badass moves.

Last edited:
I have a question.Do we know anything about the Eyelashes Dude?It seems that he's not getting older at all.He looked the same age when Locke was born, then when he came to do his little test on him and after that when he persuaded Ben to help him kill the "Dharma Initiative" members.He's still alive as one of the Others and he still looks the same way nowadays.Is that one of the many effects that the island has on people-making them immortal.

Latest posts

Members online

Back