• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Antony--Do you know something we don't about the US TLaDiS airdate?

Antony--Do you know something we don\'t about the US TLaDiS airdate?

From the new news item on the status of Rangers in the UK:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> The B5LR telemovie is set to make its US premiere on January 1 2002. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The only source I'm aware of that's reported January 1st as the airdate was the TV Guide Channel. And for reasons expressed by Joe D in another thread, this sounds like such an odd programming choice that it's probably a typo. The January 2nd date reported at the TV Critic's Association gathering still sounds more plausible to me....unless you have insider info saying that it'll be January 1st. Do you?

------------------

Re: Antony--Do you know something we don\'t about the US TLaDiS airdate?

I must admit that I went for 1 because that's what I was told last. I thought that was the standard. I'm slightly confused. It's being away that did it.
laugh.gif

------------------
Dreg: "Most beauteous and supremely magnificent one, this dark spell I hold in my worthless and scabby hand is our gift to you, most tingly and wonderful Glorificus..."
Glory: "Please, call me Glory. And get up, looking at you is hurting my neck."
Dreg: "Forgive me, shiny special one. I beg of you to rip out my inadequate tongue."
Glory: "Gimme."

In the US and Canada the lst day of January is given over to football games on tv all day long. I'd be really surprised if a new science movie was scheduled to be shown that day.
smile.gif

------------------

Antony--Normally, I'd agree with you that the more recent news is more likely to be correct. Plans do change after all. But because New Year's Day is monopolized by parades and football in the US, it would be a really odd move for a cable network to release a new TV movie on that day. Because of that, and the fact that this January 1st date came to us from the TV Guide Channel and was not announced by SFC itself, I wouldn't put too much stock in it.

Plus I really want it to air on the 2nd which is my birthday.
wink.gif

------------------

Back