• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Because I wasn't crazy enough!

Re: Because I wasn\'t crazy enough!

Interesting. A whole episode in which nothing terrible -- or even pulse-raising -- happens. Just a lot of great character moments. Well done, JJ.

Claire gets her peanut butter, Rose has something else to hold onto for Bernard, Bernard's alive (but that was easily guessed, as soon as we knew there were other survivors on the island), Kate gets a shower and Jack gets a nice look...

A happy episode -- who would have thought? And now, I'm sure, they'll return us to our regularly scheduled freakouts. Have a cluckety-cluck-cluck day.

Oh -- and there were originally 23 "tailies." Our heroes over on the other side are down to 44. What do you want to bet that when that second number drops to 42, something exciting will happen?

Where are you in the series now, KoshFan? :D You've only got another week before the new season starts...it may be time for a marathon! :) Did you watch the re-cap show last night or are you steering clear of spoilers?

It's a race now. I'm on the fourth disc of the series. It's just a question of whether or not Netflix can get the rest to me on time or not. The turnaround time between me watching the series finale of S2 and the premiere of S3 might be measured in minutes...

He killed them. He killed half the love interests on the damn island.

Stupid, stupid man.

Libby shocked me, too... Do you think she was just in the wrong place at the wrong time, a witness to Ana Lucia's death, :( or would Michael have sought her out and done the same thing?

Libby shocked me, too... Do you think she was just in the wrong place at the wrong time, a witness to Ana Lucia's death, :( or would Michael have sought her out and done the same thing?

According to Entertainment Weekly, yes, Libby was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Michelle Rodrigues was brought in to be a one season character. We were supposed to dislike her, and hate her when she killed Shannon, then start warming up to her by the end of the season (She was supposed to hook up with Jack to help with that, but, the writers weren't able to make it work) and ultimately we were supposed to love her by the time Michael killed her (as what happened with Shannon. So many people were like "Die Shannon Die" until it happened, and then all of a sudden everyone was acting like she was their favorite character). Unfortunately for Libby, the wirters didn't believe the viewers would be properly POed at Michael for killing Ana Lucia, and they wanted to send us into the finale being really angry with him. Since they didn't believe enough people would be pissed enough at Michael for killing anaLucia, to be in the proper mindset for the finale, they felt they had to kill someone else to ensure our anger. Libby, being Hurley's squeeze, and totally innocent, was selected, as it propels several threads of the arc forward, as well as accomplishing the anger we needed for the finale.

Well, tonight is finally the season premiere of LOST Season 3.

Due to the rerun complainers the last two years, ABC has decided not to run reruns during the regular season, so they will be showing 6 episodes (From Oct 4-Nov 8) to get through November sweeps, ending with a cliff hanger. Then they will be putting LOST on hiatus for 13 weeks (Until Feb sweeps) and air a show called Daybreak starring Taye Diggs, which is about a guy accused of killing his girlfriend (Or maybe his GF just dies, but I think he is accused) and the premise is like groundhog day, where the day continues repeating so he can put things right. In February, LOST will return for 17 new episodes, straight through to the finale, and then reruns may air during the summer after the season finale.

If you miss an episode, ABC had free streaming of the current episode on their site last season, and I'd guess they'll do it again this year, and of course they will probably continue selling them on iTunes for $1.99ea

I just thought of something...I wonder if KoshFan is ready? :D I hope NetFlix came through for you!!

It didn't. Considering that I'll be working like a madman for the next three weeks, and possibly until the end of November, I'm tempted to wait for S3 to come out on DVD. Some will say I'm nuts. I respond that you'd be nuts to try and feed a powerful TV addiction while attempting to be half-student, half-teacher until November 30.

:eek: Oh, don't do that! You CAN'T wait! Don't you have a TiVo or a VCR?...something?? :) ...just hold onto them until you've caught up?

Sorry, folks. My students pulled rank.

Well, there's only a total of 6 episodes by November 8 and then no more until Feb, so if you can just tape, TIVO, download, DVR, iTunes, whatever these first 6, you would have until February to catch up.

I didn't get to watch last night either, I was otherwise engaged, so will have to watch the tape tonight or something, without commercials.

I liked it, but it didn't really knock me over. It seemed a little slow. Normally, they wonk you one over the head, to start off the Season and get you interested. This one simply continued on with the existing threads from last Season and didn't reveal much new. Even the opening, while containing a strange juxtopostion that made you wonder if you had the right channel, wasn't moving forward but was instead, retelling old events. I wonder what they had to pay to get those two actors to show up and not speak a line.

p.s The CGI on this show is still so-so.

Please, no more. I'm not up to speed yet. If you want a S3 discussion, take it elsewhere.

No offense intended, B5O, I've just been super-cautious about spoilers -- even knowing that there were important non-speaking roles in the first act troubled me slightly.

Besides, it's irrelevant now -- I'm completely caught up! I now know just as much as the rest of you.

Back