• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Post your display playing Babylon 5!

Ingram

I figure it be cool to see what kind of setups you guys have that you use to watch Babylon 5.

Personally I'm using a 81CM Widescreen HDTV which is connected to my PC via DVI-D. I use FFDShow to upscale the DVD image to 720P and apply sharpening filters and the like which come in handy considering the lack of quality with Babylon 5..

b52.jpg

b51.jpg

b53.jpg

I watch B5 on a Samsung 56" (142cm) DLP (digital light processing) HDTV, that up converts the anamorphic progressive scan DVD output to 720p. I use a new Sony 400 disc DVD changer. My sound processing is done with the digital coax output going to my Denon AV receiver. I use the Denon's built in amps for the center and R and L surround channels. I use a separate Forte 100 watts rms per channel into 8 ohms class AB stereo amp for the R and L channels. My main speakers are Vandersteen 2cis, old but nice, bass below the audible range, and Linn speakers for the other three channels. I'm sold on DLP, I think it beats the heck out of plasma, or LCD.

I watch everything on my laptop.

The humble Xine window isn't worth posting. For what it's worth to people interested in UI preferences, I use the "cloudy" skin, but that's not very relevant, since I naturally watch films in fullscreen.

I live in a cave, and I watch B5 on video tape on a normal TV. :LOL:

Yes, that would be me. . .except I'm watching the DVDs that I borrowed from the library. . .after being on the waiting list for over 8 months! :LOL:

I do have everything on videotape--from their original run on tv--but, like the total unneatness freak that I am. . .I didn't label any of them. Oh, I know they're B5. . .but beyond that??? :confused: Doh!

Besides, those DVDs have so many wonderful extras. The gag reels alone are worth the price of admission. I still can't stop hearing Peter say, "Are you smoking more and enjoying it less?" ROFLMAO

Jacqui

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back