• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Calling of the Heart Chapter 27

Disclaimer: Same as usual.

Chapter 27 A Surprise

The trip to Minbar was a long, depressing journey. Latiya tried to take her mind off of Furrell by playing with David, but she quit soon after because Furrell would always come to her thoughts. Delenn advised that Latiya should just spend some time alone.

Latiya did not like this idea. She never liked being alone or left out. But, she did what Delenn advised and she spent a few days alone. When she finally emerged, she felt better and ready to face the universe with a smile. It was also the day they returned to Minbar.

They all got off the transport and walked into the ISA Compound. John hugged Delenn tightly against him and Latiya walked with David, Chantal, and Nerrel beside her. Sect Turvall and a bunch of Rangers greeted them. Sect Turvall bowed to Delenn, who bowed back.

"Entil’zha, President Sheridan. It is good to see you back. All is well, I assume?" Turvall said.

"Yes, everything is well. We just need some rest and then we will continue." Delenn said.

Sect Turvall nodded. "I need to address one matter before I go. We had a replacement for you while you were gone and I was wondering…" Turvall added as he walked away with Delenn by his side.

John soon followed with David by his side. Latiya was left with Nerrel and Chantal. Latiya turned to Nerrel and gave him a quick hug.

"Thank you for everything," she said.

"You’re welcome." Nerrel said as he pulled away.

Nerrel bowed to Chantal, turned, and left. Chantal put an arm around Latiya’s shoulders and began leading her down a corridor.

"So, when are you coming back?"

"Never." Latiya said glumly.

"Why? It’s not about Furrell is it?"

"No, it’s not that. I am no longer Anla’shok, remember?"

"Oh, yeah. I forgot." Chantal said.

They were silent as they walked to Chantal’s quarters. Chantal invited Latiya in, but she declined. Chantal nodded her head and Latiya continued on down to her bedroom. She walked in as the door opened and sat on the bed. She sighed and looked around. It was then, she spotted a data crystal and a letter on the nightstand. She picked it up and slowly opened the letter; she began to read it.

Dear Miss Sheridan,

I am very sorry about your awful experience on Earth. I understand that you were almost captured by two very mentally ill people.

Earth is not filled with people like them. In fact, there are many good people on Earth.

I hope that your opinion of Earth is not low, and to compensate, I have given you a piece of my heritage. Enjoy it and when you listen to it, think of Earth as being like this.

Sincerely,

A friend from Earth

Latiya put the letter down and picked up the data crystal. She stood up and walked over to the computer. She was hesitant, but she finally put the crystal into the computer. Beautiful music filled the room. Different instruments blended with vocals to create a peaceful affect.

Latiya picked up the letter again, when she spotted something else.

PS The music I sent you is from Ireland. I hope you like it!

Latiya smiled as she listened to the music.

Latiya was summoned to Delenn’s office. She arrived to see Sect Turvall, Delenn, Chantal, and Nerrel there. Latiya bowed to each person in turn.

"Latiya Sheridan, a few months ago, you were cast out of the Anla’shok." Turvall said.

"For no apparent reason." Chantal muttered.

"Anla’shok Chantal!" Turvall shouted.

"It’s true!" Chantal yelled back.

"Stop it, Chantal! I know you’re trying to help and I thank you for that. But, I do not need it right now." Latiya explained.

Chantal hesitantly shut her mouth. Delenn and Turvall turned their attention back to Latiya.

"I have decided to give the title of Entil’zha to someone else. I believe I need to spend more time with the alliance and not have my attention split. It will prevent something like this from happening again." Delenn said.

"After much deliberation, we have come to the conclusion that a brave Ranger who’s parents were Rangers should become Entil’zha."

Latiya saw Chantal’s features become full of excitement. Latiya looked at Chantal, confusion in her face. Latiya began to wonder what Chantal was implying.

"The new leader of the Anla’shok will be Blaine Montgomery." Delenn said.

"Permission to speak, Entil’zha, but I thought Miss Montgomery was dead." Chantal said.

"No. Everyone was misinformed." Delenn replied, smiling.

"What has that got to do with me? I am no longer Anla’shok and I-"

"You are now." Turvall grumbled.

"What?" Latiya asked in disbelief.

"Sect Turvall told me of the trial and your punishment. You were punished for no reason, and I asked him to revoke it."

Latiya smiled. "Thank you."

"We will be holding the ceremony later-"

"I am afraid we cannot do that, Delenn. Entil’zha Montgomery has been called off on some very important business on Babylon 5." Turvall cut in.

"I was not informed of this."

"We have been getting some strange reports of shadow ships being sighted." Turvall said.

"Impossible. The Shadows left." Chantal said.

"I know. It must be something else, but we should keep an eye on it." Delenn said.

"We will." Turvall said as he bowed and left.

Latiya, Chantal, and Nerrel bowed and turned to leave. They began to file out.

"Nerrel, may I speak to you briefly?" Delenn asked.

Nerrel turned around and walked back towards Delenn. Latiya and Chantal left and walked to the living room. Latiya walked in, but Chantal hesitated. Latiya turned and smiled.

"You can come in. I’m inviting you."

"Nah. I’ve got some stuff to do. But, it’s nice to have you back, hon."

"Thanks Chantal. I’ll see you later."

"Yep." Chantal said as she left.

Latiya sat on the couch and pulled out a book from the side of the couch. It was a simple book using simple English so that Latiya could practice reading English.

She heard the hiss of the door and looked up to see David walk in. he sat beside her and looked up at her with pleading eyes. Latiya smiled at him.

"Yes, David?"

"Laya, can you tell me a story?" David asked.

Written by Hope Maria Conaway. November 9, 2001.

------------------
EntilZhaDelenn, Future portrayer of Ambassador Delenn

"There is always hope. It is the one thing no one has figured out how to kill... yet." Galen.

"Untied we stand, divided we fall." P. Diddy What's Going On?

I live for the Pepsi, I die for the Pepsi.

Finally an anla'shok again
laugh.gif

------------------

[This message has been edited by Shaal Mayan (edited December 10, 2001).]

Great way to end!
smile.gif

------------------
The writer's life is not meant to be a happy one. We all accept that going in. -JMS

laugh.gif
thankyou!
Irish Music.....hehehe...
wink.gif

------------------
"...abso-FRAGGIN-lutely, damn it! I have been studying your use of lauguage since our last discussion. Do you approve?"

Is it really over! I really enjoyed your story Zha.

------------------
Have a nice day!!!

No way! I've got three more chapters to go which will lead the readers to the sequel which I am currently working on.

After I get a substantial amount written of Book II, I will start posting it. Besides, I've got to leave you all at a cliffhanger.
laugh.gif

------------------
EntilZhaDelenn, Future portrayer of Ambassador Delenn

"There is always hope. It is the one thing no one has figured out how to kill... yet." Galen.

"Untied we stand, divided we fall." P. Diddy What's Going On?

I live for the Pepsi, I die for the Pepsi.

Well when your done writing, remember don't be afraid to share it with us.
tongue.gif

------------------
Have a nice day!!!

Thank you, Zha!
laugh.gif

------------------
"We are the universe, trying to figure itself out.
Unfortunately we as software lack any coherent documentation."
-- Delenn

Ooooh good stuff.
smile.gif

------------------
Lorien: Who are you?
RW: The salad man.
Lorien: Why are you here?
RW: To be the salad ambassador.
Lorien: What do you want?
RW: Everyone to know the joys of salad.
Lorien: Do you have anything worth living for?
RW: Yes, my salad bars.

Back