• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

B5 screwups....

Ivanova's age changes strangely when she has told numerous times how her mother committed suicide. Once she's about 10 years old, then she's 16 years old. Have you noticed that?

Regards,
TheInfection

"I suspect that Talia did not realise how far the coin would go. She was only trying to move it a few inches. "

That is what I assumed as well, AM. She never could get it to move at all, so how much was she expecting?

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by TheInfection:
<font color=yellow>Ivanova's age changes strangely when she has told numerous times how her mother committed suicide. Once she's about 10 years old, then she's 16 years old. Have you noticed that?

Regards,
TheInfection </font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

I don't remember Susan saying she was 16 when her mother died. When did that happen?

I only remember it as her being a little girl playing with her dolls right before she committed suicide.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Kribu:
<font color=yellow>Well, she wasn't probably thinking clearly at the time. /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif Or maybe it was to her like one of those hideous pieces of jewelry passed on from mother to daughter in some families - very valuable but not of much worth to the person who has it (and she can't sell it as she will have to pass it on). /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

In Crusade one of the unmade episodes has a coin survive the destruction of a spaceship. Is it the same coin?

If so, was Talia on the ship?
Did she die in the explosion?
What is everyone's views?
(If we get more than one reply, does this need to be a thread in its own right?)

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by hypatia:
<font color=yellow>That is what I assumed as well, AM.

Hi, Please call me Andrew.

I am the same person as Andrew_Swallow, just using a different computer.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by TheInfection:
<font color=yellow>Ivanova's age changes strangely when she has told numerous times how her mother committed suicide. Once she's about 10 years old, then she's 16 years old. Have you noticed that?

Regards,
TheInfection </font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

Yes. I suspect that a few years were added to Ivanova's age so Claudia could play the young Ivanona in "In the Begining".

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>I am the same person as Andrew_Swallow, just using a different computer.<hr></blockquote>
Aren't you able to just use the same login, that's what I do.

GKarsEye, I believe it was in The Long Night when Ivanova made Sheridan to promise that he wouldn't leave her out from the battle. I'm not sure if it was exactly 16, somewhere near it.

Regards,
TheInfection

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by channe:
<font color=yellow>I just like the Minister Kafta screwup. I went back and checked - he's there, two whole frames of him... </font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

If you mean the place where JMS says he isn't there, I count three frames.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.b5lr.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB1&Number=13938&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1>Some TLaDiS Screencaps</a>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Recoil:
<font color=yellow>Careful AM, there are those on this board who will take your post seriously. :p </font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

I was being serious. However, I cannot remember what the second coin was.

Andrew Swallow

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by A_M_Swallow:
<font color=yellow>I was being serious. However, I cannot remember what the second coin was.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
Arent we reaching a bit here? I totally thought you were joking.

"However, I cannot remember what the second coin was."

SPOILER FOR To the Ends of the Earth!

<font class="small">Spoiler:</font>
<table bgcolor="#000000" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2" border="0"><tr bgcolor="#000000"><td bgcolor="#000000" id="spoiler"><font color="#000000"> A Kennedy Half-dollar</font></td></tr></table>

[Edited to be a real spoiler tag. Apologies. I could've sworn someone posted that spoiler tags don't work after the universe changed.]

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by taichidave:
<font color=yellow>"However, I cannot remember what the second coin was."

<font color=purple> A Kennedy Half-dollar</font color=purple>

(I made this purple and legible only if you squint really hard or highlight the text. Rather poor attempt at a spoiler tag. )

<table bgcolor="#000000" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2" border="0"><tr bgcolor="#000000"><td bgcolor="#000000" id="spoiler"><font color="#000000">A Kennedy Half-dollar</font></td></tr></table>

Like this?

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr><font color=yellow>

<table bgcolor="#000000" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2" border="0"><tr bgcolor="#000000"><td bgcolor="#000000" id="spoiler"><font color="#000000">A Kennedy Half-dollar</font></td></tr></table>

Like this? </font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

Pity. It is just the sort of little detail that JMS like to use when forshadowing.

I just watched the ep the other day, and Talia refers to the coin as an old penny she's had since she was a child. And there was no slamming it into a wall, it just slid a few inches on the table.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Recoil:
<font color=yellow>

Like this? </font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

D'oh!

Yeah. Exactly like that. /ubbthreads/images/icons/blush.gif

Saw the tag in the code list, but I thought I remembered someone posting that it didn't work. Obviously, it does.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by taichidave:
<font color=yellow>Saw the tag in the code list, but I thought I remembered someone posting that it didn't work. Obviously, it does.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
It's a recent addition, it's only been out of the testing phase for a couple of days and I don't think it has been announced to the public yet - just slipped quietly into the FAQ. So it's no wonder you didn't know about it. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Azlynn:
<font color=yellow>I just watched the ep the other day, and Talia refers to the coin as an old penny she's had since she was a child. And there was no slamming it into a wall, it just slid a few inches on the table. </font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

The slamming it into the wall came later, in the episode where they fooled Bester.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back