• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Delicate Creatures Not Being Released?

I just got a notice from Amazon.com that Delicate Creatures release has been cancelled. (At least as far as they are concerned.)

Has anyone else heard anything about this?

Ro

------------------
A ship in a port is safe, but that's not what ships are for.

Rear Admiral Grace Murray Hopper

Just to elaborate on JoeD's post ... JMS had this to say on 1.14.2002:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> BTW, just as a reminder, it looks like DELICATE CREATURES is FINALLY hitting bookstores this coming Wednesday after the printer's error was fixed.

'bout time....

jms

(jmsatb5@aol.com)
(all message content (c) 2001 by synthetic worlds, ltd., permission to reprint specifically denied to SFX Magazine and don't send me story ideas) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Plus, it is also listed on Diamond Comic Distributors site shipping on 1.16.2002 as well so keep an eye out for it soon!
smile.gif

The irritating thing is that it has been done on JMS' end since around October 2001 and it has taken this long to come out.
frown.gif

------------------
Monica Hübinette | Abyss : B5 <- New & Improved!
There is nothing to fear in the dreaming, only that which we bring with us. --Dukhat

[This message has been edited by Lyta (edited January 14, 2002).]

According to JMS Delicate Creatures has been delayed due to an error at the printer. Amazon is notorious for listing as cancelled things that are merely delayed, then re-entering them in their database when they get a new release date. (Happens all the time with DVDs.) So I wouldn't panic quite yet.

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

heya peeps.

Well I am just poppin in to tell you that I bought Delicate Creatures today. I havn't read it yet but thought you be interested anyway.

It is a hard cover and looks amusing I have not read just flipped through at the back of the book it has some sketch's but through the book it is words and drawings they actually look cute
smile.gif

The price is $16.95us...it was selling for $37 AUstralian but the shop guy sold it to me for $30 cause i am good customer
smile.gif

Anyway I am off to read todays comics...

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

I still havn't had a chance to read my delicate creatures but has anyone else yet?

I just want to know what people thought I haven't seen one review or comment about it yet anywhere.

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Deviot:
I still havn't had a chance to read my delicate creatures but has anyone else yet?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heh, I think everyone has just been too busy with the premiere of the movie to bother with some silly graphic novel.
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Geez, it took me a day and a half to catch up and post replies in the Rangers forum. Granted I slept a lot on Sunday, watched the movie for a third time (although, the 2nd time was only in the background), and spent the evening with my family.
wink.gif

If I can drag myself out of the house later, I will make a point of picking it up. I should make use of my day off since my car needs to be cleaned and other errands need to be done.
smile.gif

------------------
And the ship looking for them, would find it, find them, find us, find you. A brilliant cascade of cause and effect. Isn't the universe an amazing place? I wouldn't live anywhere else. --G'Kar in B5LR

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lyta:
Heh, I think everyone has just been too busy with the premiere of the movie to bother with some silly graphic novel.
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL true very true

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>
Geez, it took me a day and a half to catch up and post replies in the Rangers forum. Granted I slept a lot on Sunday, watched the movie for a third time (although, the 2nd time was only in the background), and spent the evening with my family.
wink.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL yeah it is pretty heavy duty the Ranger forum now....takes allot of time to read the forum and moderate it heh.

If I can drag myself out of the house later, I will make a point of picking it up. I should make use of my day off since my car needs to be cleaned and other errands need to be done.
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Make sure it not sell out...or knowing you you got it on hold like I did
smile.gif

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

I've got the book, and to be honest, was surprised... I was expecting a comic-book style thing.. It's much more of an illustrated novella. I liked it.
smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Deviot:
Make sure it not sell out...or knowing you you got it on hold like I did
smile.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No problem with that. I just checked and they still have some. I was lazy yesterday and will be doing my errands tonight after work. I except to have it tonight (I swear this time I am not full of sh!t!!).

I hope it was worth the $30 AUD (that sounds like a lot to pay) and I am expecting something similar to Sandman. Maybe not as great (Gaiman rocked!) but that type of style.

As for the activity in the Rangers forum, I honestly thought Antony would make more moderators to keep up with the activity. It seems to have lessened but it still annoys me how many new threads people start when there are perfectly good threads for people to read.
wink.gif
I think you are doing wonderfully Dev all considering ... heck, you haven't even seen the movie yet! One would think that as a thank you for moderating that mess over there, you should get to see the movie.
wink.gif

------------------
Pouch-sucking spawn of a bladder fish! Son of a fitch piece of smelt! Tok-swallowing fenbarger! Thrak it! --Na'Feel swearing in B5LR

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by -Kosh-:
I've got the book, and to be honest, was surprised... I was expecting a comic-book style thing.. It's much more of an illustrated novella. I liked it.
smile.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah as I said I havn't had time to read it yet but I have flicked through, I love the pictures and at the back it has a few pages of just sketch's. But yeah it is different style to comics

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lyta:
No problem with that. I just checked and they still have some. I was lazy yesterday and will be doing my errands tonight after work. I except to have it tonight (I swear this time I am not full of sh!t!!).

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL I understand I am king of procrastination.

I hope it was worth the $30 AUD (that sounds like a lot to pay) and I am expecting something similar to Sandman. Maybe not as great (Gaiman rocked!) but that type of style.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I sure it will be, we just have a bad exchange rate...maybe one day it be better.

I do not think it will be like sandman (although I still havn't read it).
Maybe quality wise but not stlye wise.

As for the activity in the Rangers forum, I honestly thought Antony would make more moderators to keep up with the activity. It seems to have lessened but it still annoys me how many new threads people start when there are perfectly good threads for people to read.
wink.gif
I think you are doing wonderfully Dev all considering ... heck, you haven't even seen the movie yet! One would think that as a thank you for moderating that mess over there, you should get to see the movie.
wink.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah the Ranger forum activity lessened a great deal over the last 12 hours. Yes I agree gets confusing with so many threads I do not understand why some people make new ones when others can be used...

I look forward to seeing the film, the first few hours after it aired everyone was saying it was a bad film that I spoke to....but now more people seem to love it. Maybe they had to think about it let it sink in first who knows? heh

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

I do not think it will be like sandman (although I still havn't read it).
Maybe quality wise but not stlye wise.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm, I meant similar in style in the drawings simply because of Michael Zulli (of the Sandman fame) and not necessarily the comic style. I should have made that clearer.
wink.gif
I knew it was going to be an illustrated fairy tale type of story and I am interested to see how JMS does with it.

I did go buy it last night (no problems on availibility since there were at least 5 copies out) but I have only read the first few pages. It is a little more word heavy that originally anticipated but then again, this is JMS we are talking about.
wink.gif

I was just too tired to read it last night so maybe this weekend? (Hey, I see you laughing at me!)

------------------
Pouch-sucking spawn of a bladder fish! Son of a fitch piece of smelt! Tok-swallowing fenbarger! Thrak it! --Na'Feel swearing in B5LR

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back