• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Jerry Doyle on TMoS rumors.

Flounder

Regular
"Hey, Mike, I heard that there's a potential for a Babylon 5 feature film that they wanna shoot in England. I just got a call from Bruce Boxleitner the other day who said that he had something, or heard something about it, I don't know anything about it; so, you know, put that out there in the rumor mills." :D --Jerry Doyle on his show on Thursday night.
I haven't listened up on the backlog yet, so I don't know wether to run with this yet.

Either he's talking it up as best he can given that he's under a gag order but wants to talk it up. Or...let's face it, his recent antics may have pissed off some of TPTB at WB and they made it clear to JMS that he's not really welcome any longer.

While I don't think this is the case...I REPEAT, I don't think this is the case...it has been known to happen in Hollywood. He did ruffle a number of feathers a while back.

Personally, I think it's the former. I can't say anything, but I can talk about rumors which will get a buzz going.

Just MHO. ;)

CE

oooh, good point CE. Like some guy (can't remeber if it was Michael Moore) saying: "The New Yourk Times reported blah.", when they really were reporting that the same guy told them blah.

Hm. I can't mention my contract, but I can say that there are rumors flying around the Internet.

But is it not pretty rotten if they're lying about not hearing about it? How about saying: "Sorry, we never comment on future work rumors."
But in an industry where, according to their accounting standards, even Babylon 5 hasn't turned a profit yet, it doesn't surprise me.

And I have a worse worse-case than CE presented: None of the actors or their agents have herd about it. There is no movie project. It's just somebody at WB hypnotically controlling JMS, sending out false rumors to keep up the excitement. Why? To get more DVD sales. :devil:

EDIT: :p ;) :p ;)

Why everyone thinks that most B5 regulars have to be in B5 feature? It doesn't make any sense to include more than 3-4 into it, maybe even less.

My guess is Jerry Doyle will not be in B5:TMoS. You read it here first. I hope i'm wrong :)

Sigma, back when talk first came about of a B5 Theatrical release (During Season 5, I believe) JMS said it would be his way of rewarding the prinicples if a movie came about, [since no one was going to get rich from the series itself.]

So, therefore the assumption is that everyone would be given something to do in a Feature film, if the story allowed it, and likewise the story would be written to accomodate as many regulars as possible (obviously without sacrificing the story)

And I have a worse worse-case than CE presented: None of the actors or their agents have herd about it. There is no movie project. It's just somebody at WB hypnotically controlling JMS, sending out false rumors to keep up the excitement. Why? To get more DVD sales. :devil:

While you might think WB might do something like that, I'm *quite* certain JMS would never do anything of the sort. He's been online for many years now and hasn't lied to us yet.

Jan

My guess is Jerry Doyle will not be in B5:TMoS.

I rather believe that Jerry Doyle does not have the personality to be quiet. He does not have discipline, therefore he is eager to say clear and loud: "HEY WE ARE BACK"..... Since he must keep at low profile, he is just doing this way....RUMORS.....

Somebody said that JMS had promissed the cast that they would be rewarded in a feature film. I believe JMS is honorable man, therefore, majority will be there....... What is a complete mistery for me is: how is he going to do this thing if "Memory of Shadows" apparently is something in the past, where the main cast does not fit?

I thought, before the anouncement the logical feature film would be The Telepath War....In this case the WHOLE cast would fit......

I have a theory on this but out of respect I will keep it to myself until the official announcement.

But it would be easy to include the cast if you think about it.

:D

We don't know the context of the "Memory of Shadows", it could be anything.

One possibility is, the memories are flashbacks from a roundtable of the characters we all know and love. Another possibility is that it is the aftermath of Shadow Technology, which could certainly fit in everyone. It could tie up Crusade Plot line, we just don't know what context the Memory is.

What is a complete mistery for me is: how is he going to do this thing if "Memory of Shadows" apparently is something in the past, where the main cast does not fit?

If TMoS deals with the Earth Alliance secretly developing leftover Shadow tech like Crusade was going to get into, I'd imagine it'd be pretty easy for a good number of the Babylon 5 cast to be in it.

Eek. Either I was typing my reply while Sindatur posted his or I just flat out didn't realize there was another page of posts yet. But I now see he mentions what I mentioned too. :)

We don't know the context of the "Memory of Shadows", it could be anything.

This may be pointless speculation, but as soon as I heard that title I just assumed it was a reference to the Drakh. For some reason it reminded me of that Drakh's line to Londo in 'The Fall of Centauri Prime' (I think), something like 'What have we become now but a shadow of a shadow?'.

If anyone had a reason to dwell on 'The Memory of Shadows', it'd be them. And it could tie into the Drakh plague, which is (arguably) the most urgent unresolved issue in the B5 universe..

CE:
Or...let's face it, his recent antics may have pissed off some of TPTB at WB and they made it clear to JMS that he's not really welcome any longer.

"Recent antics?" What are these? Have I missed something? :confused:

Rumors or antics - either way I hope Jerry Doyle is in the movie. Garibaldi was one of my favorite characters, and by extention I like Doyle. ;)

Pickles

The on again - off again war of words between JD and JMS a while back when JD stated he was talking to WB about bringing back the series, which he can't do without JMS; a point JMS himself made. During it all, he had some pretty nasty things to say about JMS on the radio.

JMS remained above it all and did his usual response of fact vs. fiction, but JD showed his ass quite a bit.

Now, JMS has always been one to forgive and move on, not dwell in the past, so I doubt very seriously that any of it would affect JMS putting him in the feature.

CE

I keep hearing about this in vague terms. Just what did he say about JMS? 'The rotten little stinker shouldn't have ended the show after just 5 years'? I was under the impression JMS was very up-front about that decision and every cast member knew the MAXIMUM time they'd have on this show would likely be no more than 5 years. :confused:

From what I understand, JMS did not get into any political debates on the set, so I doubt that was his beef. Just what was he saying about JMS?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back