• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The No Speculation Thread - News Posts Only Please

ElScorcho

Regular
If you're anything like me, you come here nearly every day to see if there is any news on the "new stuff" yet. You click on threads that might contain any new info and you are disappointed.

There are already a handful of threads here and in the B5.related section where people have posted little tidbits followed by twenty different interpretations of what it could mean. Sometimes I think JMS is dangling a carrot in front of us on purpose.
:devil:

So what I propose is this: a single thread for people to post any REAL news regarding the new movie, series, miniseries - whatever it is - without the excess baggage. It's hard not to speculate, what with JMS' enigmatic hints and such; but since we don't have a "breaking news" listing on this site, this could be a simple alternative.
:)

So I (and I'm sure others) would appreciate it if any news items - ie JMS posts or relevant articles/blurbs - could be placed here WITHOUT SPECULATION. After all, we all want to know what's really going on, don't we?

Edited to add
Note to mods: A sticky might be useful, too.
:p

Re: The No Speculation Thread - News Posts Only Pl

O.K. guys. :LOL:

You've had your fun with El Scorcho. But, I think he has a point.

If we do get some news in another eon or two, it would be nice to have a kind of "flag thread" where the real info is going to be posted.

Like the fact that Patrick Stewart and Glenn Close will be in a remake of "The Lion in Winter" starting on Showtime this Sunday, May 23rd. :p

When someone has some facts that are more than "I wonder if..." let's see them. In the meantime, we wait.

I was actually waiting to see a new thread saying "TMoS finally announced" once (if) it is every finally announced. ;)

No, you'll be tempting fate to push the B5:TMoS announcement back beyond March 15th 2005.

SPECULATION! KoshN is banned from this thread for 24 hours. :)

(Hey, if there are rules, there have to be penalties.)

Ban to be caculated from the time-stamp on this message. (So you won't be able to complain about the punishment until tomorrow at the earliest, Kosh my boy. :devil:)

Regards,

Joe

By posting this thread, you are speculating that there WILL be "real news" to post here. Thus, you have disobeyed your prime directive, and must self destruct. :D ;) :D

No, you'll be tempting fate to push the B5:TMoS announcement back beyond March 15th 2005.

SPECULATION! KoshN is banned from this thread for 24 hours. :)

(Hey, if there are rules, there have to be penalties.)

Ban to be caculated from the time-stamp on this message. (So you won't be able to complain about the punishment until tomorrow at the earliest, Kosh my boy. :devil:)

Regards,

Joe

[Mock Vorlon Outrage] Impudent! [/Mock Vorlon Outrage]

ElScorcho to JoeD:
By posting this thread, you are speculating that there WILL be "real news" to post here. Thus, you have disobeyed your prime directive, and must self destruct. :D ;) :D

Heh. Heh. :LOL: as JoeD goes up like a "Mission Impossible" tape. :LOL:

I am looking forward to seeing this thread go to two pages at least before any actual news can be posted. here. :) ;)

ElScorcho to JoeD:

Actually, that was Jade Jaguar to ElScorcho - so it is "El" who should go up in smoke like an MI tape.

But JJ's premise is wrong. At some point, inevitably, there will be news about B5:TMoS and even the other projects - even if the news is only "everybody has decided to pass and they're not going to happen". Because once a project is scrapped JMS is free to talk about it - and will. So the existance of the thread does not in and of itself constitute speculation, and therefore it does not contradict itself. No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There is always a boom tomorrow.

:)

Joe

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back