B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > A new river > B5.reborn

Old November 11th 21, 17:34   #51
Jan
Psi Cop

Re: B5 Reboot?? Is it true??!!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deaded View Post
I'm wondering how many episodes we are going to get. Back in the day, every series had 22-24 episodes a season. Now nobody does that anymore and some shows only have EIGHT! So how is JMS going to get all this stuff going with only 8 episodes a season; 1/3 time screen time?
How many episodes per season are most of the CW shows? That might give us a clue even though it'll be a long time before we'll get a series green light.
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th 21, 19:28   #52
Ubik
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
Quote:
I'm wondering how many episodes we are going to get. Back in the day, every series had 22-24 episodes a season. Now nobody does that anymore and some shows only have EIGHT! So how is JMS going to get all this stuff going with only 8 episodes a season; 1/3 time screen time?
How many episodes per season are most of the CW shows? That might give us a clue even though it'll be a long time before we'll get a series green light.
Both the Flash and Sabrina had full 24 episode seasons. Sabrina S2 got 13 episodes.

I'd be pretty good with something in the middle. Like 12 episode seasons.
Ubik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th 21, 04:37   #53
hypatia
First One

Quote:
That's a great point. But he was up for the idea of a Telepath War movie. A lot of the background and development would have been done by the series, but a lot would have to be dropped.
Old December 1st 21, 06:03   #54
Kraig
First One

I just read this article, from November 26th, about the CW Babylon 5 reboot.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” — H. L. Mencken, Baltimore Evening Sun, 26 July 1920

"I've been on food stamps and welfare, did anybody help me out? No. No."
-- Craig T. Nelson
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd 21, 03:46   #55
hypatia
First One

That actually sounds very interesting. Thanks a lot for sharing that. So it sounds like the new B5 will be different from the classic series in some important ways (a conflict accidentally started, but with a whopping 1 million year difference in the age of the two sides). I'm excited already.

I recently dropped HuluLiveTV, I'll have to figure out who carries the CW network. And maybe as soon as Next Fall, that would be amazing.
Old December 3rd 21, 07:12   #56
Kraig
First One

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypatia View Post
That actually sounds very interesting. Thanks a lot for sharing that. So it sounds like the new B5 will be different from the classic series in some important ways (a conflict accidentally started, but with a whopping 1 million year difference in the age of the two sides). I'm excited already.

I recently dropped HuluLiveTV, I'll have to figure out who carries the CW network. And maybe as soon as Next Fall, that would be amazing.
KGUN 9 in Tucson is your local CW affiliate.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” — H. L. Mencken, Baltimore Evening Sun, 26 July 1920

-- Craig T. Nelson
Old December 3rd 21, 23:25   #57
hypatia
First One

I can't get Tucson channels without having a t.v. service provider. I think Hulu LIve TV may have carried it. I'll check Amazon Prime and HBO Max, as well. I still have both of those and some of them have networks you can add onto your package. Thanks, though, it's good to know that KGUN from Tucson would have it. It's hard to find the local news on these t.v. plans if you are in an area smaller, like Tucson is.

Edit: looks like I'll be renewing my Hulu LIve TV package when B5 airs.

"You can watch The CW live without cable with one of these streaming services:Hulu + Live TV, fuboTV, DirecTV Stream and YouTube TV. In this article, we’ll help you decide which streaming option is best for you."

https://flixed.io/how-to-watch-the-cw-without-cable/

Last edited by hypatia; December 3rd 21 at 23:28.
hypatia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th 21, 00:16   #58
Kraig
First One

Quote:
I can't get Tucson channels without having a t.v. service provider. I think Hulu LIve TV may have carried it. I'll check Amazon Prime and HBO Max, as well. I still have both of those and some of them have networks you can add onto your package. Thanks, though, it's good to know that KGUN from Tucson would have it. It's hard to find the local news on these t.v. plans if you are in an area smaller, like Tucson is.

Edit: looks like I'll be renewing my Hulu LIve TV package when B5 airs.

"You can watch The CW live without cable with one of these streaming services:Hulu + Live TV, fuboTV, DirecTV Stream and YouTube TV. In this article, we’ll help you decide which streaming option is best for you."

https://flixed.io/how-to-watch-the-cw-without-cable/
I see there is also a CW station in Sierra Vista. Transmits on UHF digital channel 21 / Virtual channel 58.1 KWBA. The transmitter is on top of the Santa Rita Mountains.

-- Craig T. Nelson
Old December 4th 21, 01:46   #59
hypatia
First One

The problem isn't Sierra Vista, it's Bisbee. The mountains effectively cut off receiving antennae transmissions in most of the town. Someone I knew who lived on "High Road" long ago could get a bad picture of some local Tucson station. But the mountains (and some say the metals in the mountains) really can mess up transitions. I've wondered if I might be able to get a signal now that I am living on the other side of mountains, and in the foothills. But I don't want to spend money and find it won't work.

I keep a Hulu subscription, just dropped the whole live tv thing for awhile. With it I can watch Tucson news and now B5. "What We Do In The Shadows" one day later than Fox broadcasts it. I just wish good entertainment weren't so spread out over different services. I doubt I'll ever get a chance to see Foundation or the new Star Trek stuff.

Is Picard and the new Star Trek stuff worth a Paramount subscription?
Old December 4th 21, 02:05   #60
Kraig
First One

Quote:
The problem isn't Sierra Vista, it's Bisbee. The mountains effectively cut off receiving antennae transmissions in most of the town. Someone I knew who lived on "High Road" long ago could get a bad picture of some local Tucson station. But the mountains (and some say the metals in the mountains) really can mess up transitions. I've wondered if I might be able to get a signal now that I am living on the other side of mountains, and in the foothills. But I don't want to spend money and find it won't work.

I keep a Hulu subscription, just dropped the whole live tv thing for awhile. With it I can watch Tucson news and now B5. "What We Do In The Shadows" one day later than Fox broadcasts it. I just wish good entertainment weren't so spread out over different services. I doubt I'll ever get a chance to see Foundation or the new Star Trek stuff.

Is Picard and the new Star Trek stuff worth a Paramount subscription?
Paramount+ is offering a free month trial. You could binge watch the shows and see if you like them.

-- Craig T. Nelson