B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old May 12th 11, 20:05   #11
Galahad
First One

Send a message via MSN to Galahad Send a message via Yahoo to Galahad Send a message via Skype™ to Galahad
Re: Thor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Jaguar View Post
Demonn, look up "Thor" on wikipedia. They give a good enough description of what you missed. Of course, it won't be in 3D...

I used to read Thor comics religiously, but haven't read them in about 20 years. Notable by his absence was Thor's best bud, and brother, Balder. Does anyone have any idea why Balder wasn't in the movie?
Possibly because they may want to introduce him as a bigger character in a sequel that may move towards Ragnarok (Balder's death starts the cycle). It also may have something to do with the character dynamic (in terms of what each god represents).

I like Baldr... as C.S. Lewis pointed out, there's a lot of Christian parallels in the character (mythological... not marvel). A god of light who suffers death thanks to a wooden instrument, and who is thought by some scholars to be resurrected after Ragnarok when all the other gods get killed.

Am I right in thinking it's only been recently with JMS that Marvel started to make the familial ties with Thor more apparent.

"We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth."

Visit NiCK'S SANCTUARY
Galahad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th 11, 20:09   #12
Galahad
First One

Send a message via MSN to Galahad Send a message via Yahoo to Galahad Send a message via Skype™ to Galahad
Re: Thor

Quote:
Originally Posted by darth_librarian View Post
Great popcorn movie in all respects, but the 3D did not work so well for the Ice planet stuff. I think it would be better in 2D. Portman and the whole cast was ace.
Strangely we had a problem in our cinema... the 3D wasn't aligned and it looked like we were watching without glasses. They had to reset the reel a few minutes in.

Quote:
JMS and Stan Lee though.
I must confess I had a nerdgasm at the end of the movie... and scared the couple behind me who had no idea who JMS was.

Quote:
Love the set design and Asgard bits, Brannagh had fun I think.
Asgard looked beautiful. I loved the end credit design. He certainly had a hoot.

"We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth."

Visit NiCK'S SANCTUARY
Galahad is offline   Reply With Quote