• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

HULK

LondosHair

Regular
Man, oh man. This movie is going to rock. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

www.thehulk.com has been updated with a TON of goodies, and promises a ton more to come in the next few months.

I've been studying released photos and I think we're going to get something that's never really been done before when it comes to Hulk himself. He'll obviously be CGI, but judging by what we saw of Gollum in LOTR:TTT, he may be the most "realistic" CGI humanoid yet. Take a look at this little montage I made up real quick... it looks as if they actually are basing the CGI model on Eric Bana's face, and exaggerating his features.

Sam Elliot, Joshn Lucas, and Jennifer Connelly co-star. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The film is being directed by Ang Lee (Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon) and he's being very open to fan feedback and input... a welcome sign in a comic book movie. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Lou Ferrigno himself has a cameo as a security guard.

In B5-related news, Daniel Dae Kim (Lt. Matheson) also has an as of yet unnamed role in the movie.

2003 looks to be a banner (no pun intended) year for comic book movies, with the upcoming releases of Daredevil, X-Men 2, along with Hulk.

Some familiar names are working on these movies:
Daredevil
Ben Affleck
Jennifer Garner (Alias, Catch Me If You Can)
Michael Clarke Duncan (Armageddon, The Green Mile, Scorpion King)
Joe Pantoliano (The Matrix, The Sopranos)
Colin Farrell (Minority Report)
Kane Hodder (Jason from the Friday the 13th movies)
Coolio
Kevin Smith (of Jay & Silent Bob fame)
and Stan Lee himself of course. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

X-Men 2
Patrick Stewart, Hugh Jackman, Ian McKellen, Halle Berry, Famke Janssen, James Marsden, Rebecca Romijn-Stamos, Anna Paquin
also starring:
Alan Cumming as Nightcrawler
Kelly Hu as Yuriko Oyama
Shawn Ashmore as Iceman
Aaron Stanford as Pyro
Katie Stuart as Shadowcat
Kea Wong as Jubilee
Daniel Cudmore as Colossus
Shauna Kain as Siryn
Steve Bacic as Dr. Henry McCoy/Beast (uncredited)
James Bamford as Remy LeBeau/Gambit (uncredited)

I'm really looking forward to seeing this movie. The Hulk was always one of my favorites as a kid, but it's been years since I've read an issue. I was aware that Josh Lucas and Jennifer Connelly were in it but I didn't know Sam Elliot was. I was glad to see that. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Like you said, after seeing Gollum in The Two Towers I think they can make Hulk look pretty cool.

I hope they call him by his right name, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner, unlike the TV series. I've read that they thought Bruce sounded gay, so they changed it for TV.

This does look to be a good year for comic book movies. Check out the Daredevil trailer, it's pretty cool. And I can't wait for X2.

Admiral Dave

Back