• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Christmas Contest?

Wow, man.

At the mere mention of another contest, a Christmas short story jumped into my head, just like that. This one's not a comedy but a serious piece, it doesn't involve presents, and it continues the story of some characters we met on the show. I think it will carry some ethical weight as well.

Fan-fraggin-tastic! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

if there is an Xmas competition though! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

As I said in another thread... the site owner's hatred of this yearly event means the chances are low! But of course, people want another short story contest, and Xmas is next...

And your title was "Christmas Contest?" which, understandably, lead me a certain route of reasoning. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

There may very well be a competition... I have to think what's best for the site, rather than me. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I had said "at the mere mention of another contest".

I should have said "at the mere mention of the possibility of another contest".

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
and Xmas is next...

[/quote]

Winter solstice is next, you horribly Christian-based thinker, you. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

And the Winter Solstice is an event that is scientific in its basis, not religious.

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Do a Winter solstice competition, I beg you, Antony. Please?

Well, if you want to completely clense the religious aspects, why not just make it the December 25th story contest, and let people draw their own conclusions....hehe.

Now we just need someone to alter a pic of Kosh so he's wearing a red santa hat and perhaps the rest of Kris Kringle's git up...... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Well, there's always the 5th November Bonfire night... but I think B5 has that every week in some form. Mmm. Pretty explosions. Be a bit tricky getting the Narn and Centauri to play safely as well...
Centauri: Ach! What a tragedy! I have accidently fired this rocket at a Narn transport! I am a man of woe.
Narn: We have appeared to have mistaken a real living Centauri for our Guy Fawkes dummy and burnt him. Ah me! It is to weep...

I think the next competition would be a more generic one. We set bounadaries, but it gives more scope.

No. But it would have to feature G'Kar in his nightrobe.

If the rules were up to me, that is. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
But of course, people want another short story contest, and Xmas is next...

[/quote]
Don't forget thanksgiving. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

(Hyp makes note to teach Eli basic history). /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

But, on the other hand, Eli has just been in Washington D.C.

Don't they gas people there, or something, until they remember nothing but U.S history? /forums/images/graemlins/devil.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I guess I forget things like that.

I'd kinda like to see G'kar with a white beard and red suite... /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Eli, you really must be tempting Kribu at this pont. I mean tempting her to revive you. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back