• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Heroes Season 2 [SPOILERS]

4) MORE product placement. GOD. I thought Claire saying "THE ROGUE!" was bad when Mr Bennett gave her the car. Now in last nights episode the college age kid in some prison in Guatemala says "I got a car, take me with." And what kind of car is it? Wait for it.....a NISSAN ROGUE! Not only is it a brand new 2007 Nissan Rogue in Central America, but its shiny and new like it just got out of the car wash. Makes sense. I'm sure car would look like that after driving on all those dirt roads....

Ah thought of worse case of Dues ex Machina the Nissan Rogue in Central America is Claire stolen car. Don't feel like wasting time on it but could check if colors match. (though probably dose just cause only given one car for the show, )

Ah thought of worse case of Dues ex Machina the Nissan Rogue in Central America is Claire stolen car. Don't feel like wasting time on it but could check if colors match. (though probably dose just cause only given one car for the show, )

OMG you are probably right. That would really be sad....wouldn't it?

1) Not liking the whole "Peter appears in a random place and doesn't know who he is" as a way of getting him back into things. That whole thread is just not that interesting to me. I really don't give a shit what's in the box.
Agreed. I don't have much problem with him using his powers instinctively, but the amnesia garbage still irks me and I don't give a rip about the Irish crooks. It was good to see Dominic Keating again, but it looks like it was only a bit part because according to IMDB, he won't be back this season.

2) Claire and the flying kid.
I dislike everything about this storyline so far. He's either an authentic dork or another one of the Company's henchmen. Either way, he annoys me. He takes Claire for a little Superman flight and she's swooning? C'mon. The only thing that would have made it cornier would have been if they dubbed in "Can You Read My Mind" from the original Superman movie, complete with Margot Kidder's raspy vocal.

As for the wedge being driven between Claire and Noah, I don't see it happening again. If it does, I'll be a lot closer to writing this show off. There was a LOT of character development between those two last year, and they can't throw it away by taking these two back to square one.

3) The two new kids from Central America are a big ho-hum so far.
When I sat down for Heroes this past week, I hadn't made dinner yet. When the first segment featuring these two started, that's when I got up to go make some stroganoff.

4) MORE product placement.
It's been mentioned, but I do think the Rogue is Claire's. She is living in California now, but I don't know if they've mentioned which city. I think the kid stole it and got caught in Mexico where he probably stuck out like a white guy at a Black Panther party. He might be a supe too, who knows. He's the only thing interesting about the whole Mexico angle right now, and he's had what, two lines? :p

5) Wasn't so crazy about seeing Sark in the past as Kensai.
I loved Sark (David Anders) as Kensei at first. Then when he got shot with the arrows, I figured "sweet, now Hiro is Kensei!" But no, even Sark is a friggin mutie. I still expect him to go bad and Hiro will have to teleport him into the Sun or something to get rid of him.

6) Sylar.
I dig Sylar. He's more visceral so far this season. Angrier. He had to kill Candice with his bare hands... which we assume he did for a time early last season before he figured out how to do the hands-free can opener trick, but we never saw it. Plus, we never got the big face-off between him and Peter that we all desperately want to see.

7) What's with all the ex-Star Trek characters?
I think it's cool... Takei really impressed me and I think Nichelle will, too. We already know how cool Walter can be as a villain. I think it'd be a trip if he played an evil teep again :)

I haven't been watching Journeyman. Just haven't been that enthused about it. I've read about a few of the latest plot twists, though, and it sounds a bit more interesting. I may catch it next week.

Last edited:
LondosHair said:
I think it's cool... Takei really impressed me and I think Nichelle will, too. We already know how cool Walter can be as a villain. I think it'd be a trip if he played an evil teep again

I was quite pleased to see Nichelle pop up; I hope her part is a good one. I assume she's going to be DL's grandmother or something? And of course, she'll probably turn out to be one of the group of old heroes to which Hiro's father, et al belong.

As for Walter showing up; I say bring it on. :D And it would be a nice little piece of inside fun if he was telepathic. Heck, they could even bring in Majel Roddenberry and have her predict the future too.

I do hope there's more to Claire's new boytoy beyond HRG abducting him to make Claire distrust her dad. If Claire's being involved with the guy brought on a more ideological rift between her and HRG over his wanting her to stay hidden but flyboy thinking heroes should be aggressively open about what they can do, I could understand it more. Also, I don't know if the writers had this in mind, but I always assumed flyboy having the power he does was supposed to echo Claire's biodad's same ability and that it was through that similarity she would be into the guy, but does she even know that Nathan can fly?

I haven't been adverse to Maya and her brother's story, but I think it's gotten to the point that something really needs to happen now. They've mostly been doing the same thing for three episodes; that needs to change.

Last edited:
I always assumed flyboy having the power he does was supposed to echo Claire's biodad's same ability and that it was through that similarity she would be into the guy, but does she even know that Nathan can fly?
Yikes... what if he's yet another spawn of Nathan Petrelli? :LOL:

Yeah, Claire knows Nathan can fly... she saw him carry Peter into the sky before he went nova, IIRC.

LondosHair said:
Yeah, Claire knows Nathan can fly... she saw him carry Peter into the sky before he went nova, IIRC.

Yeah, that's right. I can't believe I forgot about that monumental moment so easily.

I liked George Takei in Heroes as well. I just don't see myself digging Nichelle as much. Everytime I have seen her in an interview or other show...she always comes across as a real (pardon the pun) space cadet. She seems to try to have this glamorous aura to her, but it never comes across, rather just that she is a flake and into new-age shit. Kind of hard to explain, but I just think she is too out there for me to be impressed by her role.

This last episode was not nearly as lame as the week before, which I am very thankful for.

Parkman's dad is the nightmare man? Creeepy as hell. Interesting that the baby wasn't his. Sad, though, but I'm kind of glad. His wife kind of bogged the story down last season.

Flying kid still annoys the piss out of me. He better not off Claire's dad. Mr. Bennett is by far one of the best characters in the entire show.

Micah's cousin having her ability is interesting. She sees something on television and she can do it. I wonder if it's just television or if she sees "anything" she can do it?

...Interesting that the baby wasn't his. Sad, though, but I'm kind of glad. His wife kind of bogged the story down last season.

I remember wondering in the first season if the baby wasn't Parkman's but nothing got made of it then. Good to see now that it seems my thoughts were in the right place.

Micah's cousin having her ability is interesting. She sees something on television and she can do it. I wonder if it's just television or if she sees "anything" she can do it?

I'm guessing it's anything she sees. I liked her character; the actor playing her seemed to perform well (I'm way more interested in her after just this one episode of her than I am over Maya and her brother after four episodes of them). Her powers kind of remind me of X-Men's Prodigy to a degree.

It seems that those who suspected the car that Maya, her brother, and that other guy drove off in last episode was Claire's stolen car are indeed right. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Yeah, Maya's storyline is annoying me now. Get to America for the love of Pete. They could have finished their travel-plot in one episode.

Still last nights ep wsa the best of the season so far. Finally starting to move things along and get things interesting. And yea, Claire's new BF is super lame in my opinion, and like I said before, I'm just not buying their whole falling for each other in 2 episodes thing. The acting/writing surrounding it just makes it seem so fake.

It's waaaaaay too cheesy with the whole Lois Lane/Superman romance. *gag*

Interesting that Nichelle has appeared very little so far. I like the cousin Monica for a number of reasons. ;)

I agree with the slowness or dullness of the whole Mexico thread. It sort of got interesting when Sylar appeared but I wonder was it total coincidence that he met up with the twins? I actually kind of hope he kills them but then how would the powers work if they were in one person instead of two?

I thought the latest episode was a slight improvement on the previous few weeks, though the Claire and her boyfriend story is some very lame TV.

I agree that the Central American storyline was quite repetitive up until Sylar showed up. I'm hoping that they are there just so he can kill them and get their powers. I'm not sure whether he'd want the brother's power as it's not very destructive:). If he did want both I would imaigne he would just be able to use either one as he sees fit.

Someone in the thread mentioned that there are too many characters. I don't think that is the case, just that there are too many different stories going on at once. So when they put all the stories in each ep, there isn't enough time to move each story forward enough. Strange how everyone thinks that this episode is better than the previous few, when they didn't show anyhting of Peter's or Hiro's story (though they did introduce new story with Micah's cousin).

I'm intrigued enough to keep watching.

I enjoyed last night's episode. It was nice to have a break from Maya and her brother, and also nice to have a break from Clark Kent.

I'm really liking Monica, both with her power and her personality and characterization. It was fun to see the 9th Wonders comic pulled out yet again by Micah, and it was nice to see him and Monica connect.

I'm really glad we got to see Niki in the Company. Her having dropped Micah off and disappeared -- both from contact with Micah and in appearing in the show -- bugged me. Seeing where she's been was good, especially given where she's been. The Company plot line seems to be moving along nicely. With Niki in there, and now Molly too, and soon to be Monica as well, all within contact of Suresh, it's shaping up to have some interesting future plot to come.

Why oh why was Parkman so stupid to trust his father when he asked Parkman to follow him into that room. The dual dueling dreams for Parkman and Nathan was fun; I bet that fight took quite a bit of coreographic certainty, not to mention the significant editting that went into producing that scene. And it's nice to see Parkman's telepathy progressing with him now having broadcast thoughts, not just hear them.

And I'm loving Kristen Bell's character. From her to go from murder mystery solver on Veronica Mars to talking girlishly annoyed on the phone ending with a "I killed him" here on Heroes, it's a great treat to see her be mean after being a fan of her being good. I'm definitely eager for more of her.

Anyone else get a McDonald's advertisement during one of the ad breaks that had the guy playing Ando starring in it? As annoying as product placement within a show is, I could get on board with having actors from a specific show do acting in advertisements that air during their respective shows.

So, all-in-all, I'd say last night's episode was a successful and interesting one.

Last edited:
The best episode so far, imho....

I enjoyed last night's episode. It was nice to have a break from Maya and her brother, and also nice to have a break from Clark Kent.
I second that. I can already see her meeting up with Peter and having this be another doomsday power that he can't fully control which takes out another city (or threatens to.)

I'm really liking Monica, both with her power and her personality and characterization. It was fun to see the 9th Wonders comic pulled out yet again by Micah, and it was nice to see him and Monica connect.
Ditto. She's way interesting and now that she and Micah are a team (so to say) I think things will get really interesting for the both of them.

Why oh why was Parkman so stupid to trust his father when he asked Parkman to follow him into that room.
Well, it's his dad. Probably still a part of him that wanted to believe his dad. No more. If this is where Parkman's ability is heading, then we're in for a showdown.

And I'm loving Kristen Bell's character.
Yep! She is a fun character so far.

A few more things....

I'm also not too keen on the whole "Peter in Ireland" kind of thing. The new girl (love interest) seems useless and may now be out of the picture completely now that Peter may be going to Montreal.

Maybe what I liked the most about this episode is that it didn't have Claire's new flying goober boyfriend in it.

Matt's dad is creepy as hell. Started out as a simpering old fart and surprised us all. Interesting that he and Matt have the same abilities. But, Matt was "made" by The Company, I think. Maybe they thought it would make sense to give Matt the same ability as his father? I like that they have a lot of Matt lately. He's an interesting character, imho.

I love Micah's cousin. I totally dig her abilities. I wonder if she can also copy other heroes' powers? She would be a "nemesis" type character like Peter then, but a little different.

I still wonder what power Simone's father had. He seemed to be able to enter Peter's dreams. I wonder if we'll see him again.

Glad the Haitian is back. He and Mr. Bennett are a good team.

Alluveal said:
I love Micah's cousin. I totally dig her abilities. I wonder if she can also copy other heroes' powers? She would be a "nemesis" type character like Peter then, but a little different.

I think Micah's description of Monica's power was probably on target: she's a muscle mimic, I think is the term he used. Anything she sees that has to do with physical body movement, she can then mimic. (Someone get that girl to a martial arts exhibition quick! :) ) I don't think she'll be able to mimic powers, even if it's one that's physically based like Niki's super strength.

I still wonder what power Simone's father had. He seemed to be able to enter Peter's dreams. I wonder if we'll see him again.

Yeah, his power seemed dream based. Maybe he used to be a bit of a nemesis to Parkman's father, who seems able to be able to wield and construct nightmares.

Yeah, his power seemed dream based. Maybe he used to be a bit of a nemesis to Parkman's father, who seems able to be able to wield and construct nightmares.

Great observation. I never thought of that.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back