• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Rangers a wrap & airing in January?

Davron posted this at the SciFi bboard. I'm not sure of the source.

New 'Babylon 5' Film Wraps Production

LOS ANGELES - The Sci Fi Channel has completed production on the update to the epic futuristic space series "Babylon 5," a two-hour TV movie called "Babylon 5: The Legend of the Rangers," creator J. Michael Straczynski told reporters at Tuesday's Television Critics Association Press Tour in Pasadena, CA.

The film, which takes places shortly after the series left off but a couple years before the "Babylon" spin-off "Crusade," stars Dylan Neal ("Dawson's Creek"), Myriam Sirois and "B5" regular Andreas Katsulas.

The film details the saga of the Ranger fleet as they attempt to restore order to hundreds of civilizations devastated by the Shadow War. If successful, the film will serve as a pilot for a potential new series on the cable network.

"Legend of the Rangers" is slated to air in January of 2002

------------------
"Draal gave Zathras list of things not to say. This was one. No, not good. Not supposed to mention 'one'... or 'THE one'... Mmmm. You never heard that."

I also saw this article on the Sci-fi board.
I don't know if it is "authentic", but it gave me an idea. If I remember correctly, Sci-fi finished out the end of the second season of Farscape and the first season of I-man in January. Then, they started the new seasons of both shows approximately six weeks later.

This probably means nothing, but I thought of it.
laugh.gif

------------------
When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in a confederacy against him.
-Jonathan Swift

The Zocalo Today mentions the article as well, and says the source, I just don't remember it.

------------------

Yes, it's true. Dylan, Myriam, Andreas and JMS attended a press conference on Tuesday.

I said it would probably air in December, so wasn't far off.
smile.gif
I might have even said about it tipping into 2002, but I wouldn't swear on that.

As to the wrap, that was over in June!

------------------
Dreg: "Most beauteous and supremely magnificent one, this dark spell I hold in my worthless and scabby hand is our gift to you, most tingly and wonderful Glorificus..."
Glory: "Please, call me Glory. And get up, looking at you is hurting my neck."
Dreg: "Forgive me, shiny special one. I beg of you to rip out my inadequate tongue."
Glory: "Gimme."

[This message has been edited by AntonyF (edited July 11, 2001).]

The Television Critics Association is in Los Angeles as part of their press tour. Tuesday's schedule was devoted to cable television, and Sci-Fi hosted panels devoted to B5:LR and the upcoming Stephen King sequel mini-series, Firestarter: The Next Chapter, as well as the in-development-forever Steven Spielberg alien abduction saga, Taken. Not bad company to be in.
smile.gif
Curiously, there doesn't seem to have been a panel on Children of Dune.

All of the press accounts derive from this one event. Both Daily Variety and The Hollywood Reporter also carried pieces on the panels, and confirm the January date. As Antony notes, the airdate is the only actual news here, since production wrapped in mid-June. Amusingly, Sci-Fi Wire, SFC's own "news service" is not carrying this story.

I do wish that when people post this sort of thing they'd indicate the source.

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

December? that is 6 months away! I wish it was sooner...I would gladly give up seeing the Stand over for the 4th time to watch B5lr....

------------------
War doesn't determine who is right, just who is left.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>December? that is 6 months away! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, it is. And January, which is when the movie is going to air, is seven months away. Sorry.
smile.gif

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

Back