• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Delenn's successor as ambassador?

Does anyone (Mac) remember if any of the novels or any other off-show sources talk about anyone replacing Delenn as Minbari Ambassador to B5 after she and Sheridan rellocated the IA's headquarters to Minbar? We know that Ta'Lon replaced G'Kar on B5, and that the Centauri, who did not have diplomatic relations with the IA, sent Vir as ambassador to B5 itself after the Alliance attacked Centauri Prime. And presumably Lochley continued to represent Earth's interest in Grid Epsilon. But did Minbar have representation on the much-reduced B5 Council?

Regards,

Joe

Re: Delnn\'s successor as ambassador?

I don't remember anyone being sent to replace Delenn. As far as I know there is nothing "canon" that mentions a replacement for her, but I have a read a fanfic here and there that has a replacement character made up.

Does anyone (Mac) remember if any of the novels or any other off-show sources talk about anyone replacing Delenn as Minbari Ambassador to B5 after she and Sheridan rellocated the IA's headquarters to Minbar? We know that Ta'Lon replaced G'Kar on B5, and that the Centauri, who did not have diplomatic relations with the IA, sent Vir as ambassador to B5 itself after the Alliance attacked Centauri Prime. And presumably Lochley continued to represent Earth's interest in Grid Epsilon. But did Minbar have representation on the much-reduced B5 Council?

IIRC, that has not been touched upon in any of the canon sources which take place after "Objects at Rest" ...which has the parting shot of the replacements, sort of B5 - The Next Generation, of Dr. Hobbes, Ta'Lon, Zack, Lochley, Vir, Number One, and Corwin.

Post “Objects at Rest” canon sources:

Final Reckoning - The Fate of Bester (2271-2281)
Legions of Fire - Book I - The Long Night of Centauri Prime (2262-2266)
Legions of Fire - Book II - Armies of Light and Dark (2266-2273)
Legions of Fire - Book III - Out of the Darkness (2274-2278)
The River of Souls
To Live and Die in Starlight
A Call to Arms
the Crusade episodes
or the short stories:
Genius Loci
Space, Time, and the Incurable Romantic
True Seeker, and
The Nautilus Coil.

I thought Delenn continued on as Ambassador, but, just wasn't actually stationed on B5?

I thought Delenn continued on as Ambassador, but, just wasn't actually stationed on B5?

Delenn was ambassador to B5 - she represented Minbar on the B5 council. There is no way she could do the same job and not be on B5.

Besides, the IA was not like B5, which was akin to the U.N. with its Security Council. The IA was more like the present day E.U. or the United States under the Articles of Confederation - an actual government with some degree of authority over its members. Delenn was not Minbari ambassador to the IA, she was the elected Vice President of the organization. Minbar presumably has representatives to the IA, the equivalent of congressmen and senators, but Delenn woudln't be one of them, just as Sheridan was President and not Earth's representative.

Meanwhile Minbar's seat on the B5 Council, which we know continued to function at least for a time, appears to have been left empty.

Regards,

Joe

The answer is right there in the show. The Minbari seat was kept free for the return of Valen ...

:p

But would Valen come back as a Minbari? Maybe he'd be a human not born of woman. :LOL:

Latest posts

Members online

Back