• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

B5 DVD R1 Price Drop Coming?

After the intial discount period for each season release, and the odd in-store discount on earlier seasons when a new box arrived, the B5 DVDs have been priced high, barely under their original $100 USD per season suggested retail price. (My local Best Buy currently has them for $89.99, the lowest price I've seen on-line is about $75.00 plus shipping.)

But Deep Discount DVD is taking "pre-orders" for a March 14th release of all five seasons, plus the TV movie set, for $43.55 each (which they say is a mark-down from $59.99.) When a studio resets the suggested retail price of a disc or set, they often give it a new SKU number, and therefore retailers treat it as a "new release." The March 14th release date for the previous discs may also explain when the release date for the Rangers pilot film was just pushed back from this coming Tuesday, the 7th, to the 14th.

So - anybody who has been saving up to buy the discs, or still needs to fill in a collection - this would seem to be a good time to do so.

Regards,

Joe

(Edited to make it clearer that the price is per set, not for all five seasons, the TV movies and Crusade. ;))

Thanks for the info, Joe. I've been wanting to buy the season DVD sets, but they've been too expensive. If they come down in price I'd certainly be interested. :D

Odd thing. I posted essentially the same message on the WB official board at around the same time. This morning I went to check it for replies and the thread is gone. :) WB does sell directly from their site, so maybe they didn't appreciate the competiition.

Regards,

Joe

Is that for all 5 seasons? Or per season price?

All five season? I wish. I'd buy several copies just to have spares on hand in case I dropped or scratched a disc.

I just re-bought Crusade because my damned Maxell cases scratched my discs (couldn't even be polished out).

Channeling Zathras: "Never use these."

MAXELL CD-355 Multi-Color Slim Size CD Case, 20 Pack

They put circumferential scratches on the discs. :mad: "Good for travel." What utter BS!

Is that for all 5 seasons? Or per season price?

All five season? I wish. I'd buy several copies just to have spares on hand in case I dropped or scratched a disc.

Regards,

Joe

:D :D :D I thought that was the case, but ya never know. ;)
Almost makes me wish I'd waited, not. :D

I just re-bought Crusade because my damned Maxell cases scratched my discs (couldn't even be polished out).

Channeling Zathras: "Never use these."

Another appropriate Zathras quote:

"Zathras can never have anything nice."

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back