• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

"Rangers" on DVD at last?

Re: Bay13 - Synopsis of Rangers pilot *SPOILERS

The thought of Bab5 without the regular cast.......well....I'm sure you've had that conversation.
Don't think I'll shell out for the dvd though. ;D

Bab5 without the regular cast, hmmmm....well I did shell out for <u>CRUSADE</u>. ;)

But I won't for this one.

If there are any DVDs in danger of wearing out (if that's at all possible.), it's my CRUSADE DVDs. They see the laser, A LOT.

I've seen worse. And definetely better. The cover for the "In the Pirkinning" is much better.

*jedi mind trick*

You now want to pay a visit to the Star Wreck website.

The main complaint seem to be about the depth perception. I would believe, that the images are just squashed due to a bad angle on the camera. If the picture didn't have the people squashed, would you all still hate the cover as much?

The main complaint seem to be about the depth perception. I would believe, that the images are just squashed due to a bad angle on the camera.

I don't think it's a bad camera angle causing the problem. I think it's a pure example of a vertical squish, like they took an image into Photoshop and did not reduce it proportionally, but only vertically.

If the picture didn't have the people squashed, would you all still hate the cover as much?

1. I don't "hate" the cover. The group shot just looks silly because of the vertical squish. The ship looks fine.

2. No.

In the Pirkinning may well be getting a buy. And we don;t need to see your identification. Move along now...

Now that's a nice cover .I just may order it .Rather than wait for the US release if it ever does.

I agree that the cover looks nice. I wonder if they will be adding that B5 logo at any point (looks a little bare at the top there). Looking forward to some higher res images when Amazon get around to updating their entry.

I had to buy the VHS of this a while back because it was the only way I could get to view it even once (it's still never been shown on free-to-air TV over here). As with the rest of my complete B5 VHS collection, I have yet to upgrade to DVD and probably wont be doing so with Rangers (especially since there is no audio commentary and no other bonus features to speak of).

Now that ChoicesDirect have all seasons for £17.99 and all the content errors (esp. S5) seem to have been resolved, I may finally update (seems an aweful waste of all those videos though).

I'm curious, although I've heard that new purchases of S5 have corrected the initial problems (such as "The Corps is Mother, the Corps is Father" and "The Fall of Centauri Prime"), can anyone confirm that the discs for S2 have the correct title sequence for "Points of Departure" and likewise for "The Deconstruction of Falling Stars" for S4?

With regards to R2, both of those episodes are intact with regards to title sequences, IIRC. There are mostly minor issues with most R2 sets though, do a forum search for more info.

i wonder if we will now get a six movie UK box set....

Thanks for the information. Shame the old packaging has been universally replaced. I detest lined-up Amarays. That's another stumbling block on my indecision over converting my collection to DVD.

As for Rangers, I've just seen it in stores and it does indeed have the B5 logo in the gap. Looks very nice as a finished product.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back