• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

My dream

GKarsEye

Regular
Last night I dreamt I was part of a conspiracy to overthrow President Clark. There were, however, no Babylon 5 charactes in the dream. There were a bunch of people I made up. They were funny and weird, I think all human, but I don't remember any more details. Nothing really happened- it was just like a meeting or something.

Besides posting here, I've been re-watching the series (just finished season 4, which is where Clark actually gets deposed) and reading the Psi-Corps trilogy.

I'm a hopless dork.

I sure hope I get laid this weekend.

So, you didn't use any of the original cast?

What would JMS think, with all the uproar the fans have about this possibility with TMoS?

That's pretty sad.
That said, I've had B5 dreams too lately. I'm rewatching and have finished Season 3. I want Season 4 for my birthday (haven't been able to buy anything past 3 yet) and I'm sure I'll continue to dream of the Shining Beacon in Space, All Alone in the Night.
Nerd alert!!
But maybe I'll dream of Marcus. That wouldn't be too bad....

Jendia

Last night I dreamt I was part of a conspiracy to overthrow President Clark. There were, however, no Babylon 5 charactes in the dream. There were a bunch of people I made up. They were funny and weird, I think all human, but I don't remember any more details. Nothing really happened- it was just like a meeting or something.

Besides posting here, I've been re-watching the series (just finished season 4, which is where Clark actually gets deposed) and reading the Psi-Corps trilogy.

I'm a hopless dork.

You watch too much B5. :p

I watch a lot of B5, but I never dream about it. :LOL:

I almost never dream (or at least remember them), unless I'm trying to dream about something in particular (purposely thinking about something before going to sleep). Haven't done that in quite awhile. Now, I just collapse into unconsciousness, and wake up 3-6 hours later (usually).

And after having this conspiracy dream meeting.......GKE had the dream group "liquidated" ...... for security purposes...... :D

I almost never dream (or at least remember them), unless I'm trying to dream about something in particular (purposely thinking about something before going to sleep). Haven't done that in quite awhile. Now, I just collapse into unconsciousness, and wake up 3-6 hours later (usually).

That's true for me too, although I will almost always dream during periods after I first wake up and then go back to sleep to sleep in(does not happen nearly as much anymore.... :) ) but I think falling asleep well rested, as opposed to dead tired passing out (which is the only way I fall asleep without major struggles).....a rested sleep, if there is such a thing, seems better suited to dreams........at least for me anyway.

Well, you finally get to the point! :LOL:

Oddly enough, in Freudian theory, this could very well be the case. :p Clarke would be an oppressive paternal figure representing the suppression of expression and pleasure (especially sexual), and the conspiracy a representation of the dreamer's covert desire or plans to circumvent those restrictions. Whether or not this is actually the case is another matter. Could also be that unconciously you feel like Babylon 5 has a Clarke-esque grasp on your life, and is preventing you from seeking and obtaining broader fulfilment. That would explain the lack of B5 characters in the cabal.

In any case, I'm sorry for that impromptu analysis, Gkar's Eye, if you weren't inviting it. Regardless, I do hope it helps. In any case, if you feel like Babylon 5 is getting in your way... put it aside. There is no shame in liking it, none in loving it. We all have our tastes, loves and fancies, and the guilt that the expectations and standards of others, of society, seek to instill have no place with them. However, if that guilt is because one's fancy is such that it consumes--rather than enriches--the scope of one's life, then too high a station is given to that hobby.

But never mind my wax poetique. A tad too glossy, I say. :p Worry not about the dream either: I've had wierder regarding Babylon 5, and I don't even watch it as much as you.

I dream every night, but none of the dreams are B5 related. :LOL:

And sorry to disappoint Markas, but none of them are sexual-related either. :p

On three occasions I've had dreams with B5 overtones, but they were only tangential. I think I had a dream twice in which Sinclair was dealing with a new alien race, and in my brain I called it "Babylon Squared," as if it were that episode, and a while after I woke up I couldn't wait to see the episode again... until I realized that it never happened.

The other time aliens were going to take over Earth and we couldn't let them know that we knew, "just like Babylon 5!"

More recently I had a dream in which I and all the members of my frisbee team were pirates. I'd just watched "Pirates of the Caribbean," of course....

Heh, "Arghhhhhh, throw me the frisbee, Mayte........."
:LOL:

I like it.

Could be a made for cable movie in that......first there was dodgeball,and now........
Pirates of the Ultimate Frisbee......
:rolleyes:

BEING A DORK IS NOTHING TO BE ASHAMED OF!
And to prove it, I will display my own dorkishness by telling you my own B5 dream, which I often have.

I'm Delta 2, Susan's wingperson in the Raider battle in Signs and Portents (the one where Susan pops out of the jumpgate with Delta Squadron and goes "Surprise!"). I'm a brilliant pilot and get a "Good shooting, Delta 2!" over the radio from the Lieutenant Commander! See, yours isn't half as bad as mine! :)
SAD and proud of it, that's me! :D

And sorry to disappoint Markas, but none of them are sexual-related either. :p

You wound me. ;)

I dream a lot. I have had many B5 related dreams. I've had dreams about board members I've met and not met. :eek:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back