• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Crusade - The Lost Tales???

Would You Buy Crusade - The Lost Tales

• Definitely, Bring Back Gideon

Votes: 22 78.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Hell no, Let the excalibur die with the rest of earth

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters
Of all the Crusade characters, Dureena intrigued me the most.

Yeah she interested me alot aswell. and i always found it rather odd that altough dureena and galen were in A Call to Arms they werent used all that much in the series. strange lol

I still can't get over some of the notes from TNT during their attempts to screw up the show, particularly regarding Dureena, as jms recounts:

...Some of their suggestions included:

"Can we lose the makeup on Dureena (our resident alien character) and make her an alien by her attitude?"

"We'd like to have one of the characters include a sexual explorer, so when they make contact with a new race, his or her job is to go and have sex with them."

"We want to see more fist-fights on the bridge."

"We'd like to see an episode worked around a wrestler, since wrestling is hot right now."

"We think you should give the captain a dog for a pet."

"Rather than have the characters work their way out of the problem as depicted, we think it would be better if Captain Gideon arranges to have Dureena compromised so the antagonist will rape her, and Gideon will catch him in the act, and use this as blackmail to get the character to back off his demands."

I still can't get over some of the notes from TNT during their attempts to screw up the show, particularly regarding Dureena, as jms recounts:

Well, you know the motivation that was behind them. The genius in it was that you could believe that kind of stuff coming from a network like TNT (or FOX, for that matter). TNT could have been serious, and were using their crappy reputation to their advantage.

Last edited:
I hadnt hear about this meddling with dureena by TNT. Thats interesting, and some of those ideas they put across are worthy of a Lurker on stims lol

I think he tried to hide it some with the bangs but there are definitely two different looks for Dureena. TNT mandated that they soften the forehead appliance and tone down (or eliminate?) the contacts.

Jan

I think he tried to hide it some with the bangs but there are definitely two different looks for Dureena. TNT mandated that they soften the forehead appliance and tone down (or eliminate?) the contacts.

Jan

Yeah i just noticed that as i just finished watching ACtA. ANother thing does anyone have any idea what those implants on Galens back were, which we saw in the end of the Crusade episode The Memory of War

Yeah i just noticed that as i just finished watching ACtA. ANother thing does anyone have any idea what those implants on Galens back were, which we saw in the end of the Crusade episode The Memory of War

The Techno-Mages use science and pretend it is magic. The implants on Galen's back are the machines that permit him to create a force field, optical illusions, fly and communicate.

Read the Technomage Trilogy of Books, it goes into great detail

okey dokey lol. Ive never seen those books so i will keep a look out lol. If There was a huge ammount of confidence in Crusade: TLT, how many episodes/DVDs do you think could be churned out in a year

The sad thing is the implants as they're rendered in that scene in Crusade look nothing like I would expect techno-mage implants to look like. They have a sort of "Oh crap, prop department, we gotta throw something together and hurry!" instead of anything with even a remote cool factor that such implants would have (especially after reading some of the descriptions of them in the techno-mage trilogy).

If they go the way of most of these things do, the very msst id imagine wed see (if any, ever lol) at most 3 or 4 a year. WHich obviously wouldnt be a continuation of the series per se bt JMS may be able to get his story across in a more condensed form. Which would be rather ironic, because i recall a post when JMS was still trying to find a new home for Crusade in which he sd there was no chance of Crusade going to Direct to Video as it was the poor mans option, or something along those lines. I wander what changed his opinion???

Which would be rather ironic, because i recall a post when JMS was still trying to find a new home for Crusade in which he sd there was no chance of Crusade going to Direct to Video as it was the poor mans option, or something along those lines. I wander what changed his opinion???
The markets for things have changed considerably in the last few years. Where once, D2DVD was shorthand for 'not good enough to actually get released (usually sequels)', now the studios are realizing that they can actually market to the fans without a middleman of a network or even much in the way of advertisers.

Something similar has been happening to Print on Demand. Used to be it was synonymous for 'vanity press' and consisted of such gems as 'Uncle Lewey's memoirs' which sold to 10 family members to being respectable enough to get good sized articles on the front page of the Money section of USA Today.

Jan

Given that JMS had written the intended finale to season 1 of Crusade, is it known as to whether ot not he had written the opener to season 2. Or atleast have it planned. He must have given the way the script ends. I would definitely want to see this episode made. I Just finished reading the script and the tension and drama at the end of the script.......argghhh.........I WANT MORE CRUSADE! :devil:

Given that JMS had written the intended finale to season 1 of Crusade, is it known as to whether ot not he had written the opener to season 2. Or atleast have it planned. He must have given the way the script ends. I would definitely want to see this episode made. I Just finished reading the script and the tension and drama at the end of the script.......argghhh.........I WANT MORE CRUSADE! :devil:

S2Ep1 script probably wasn't written yet (since all the eps of S1 weren't even completed yet), but, JMS would've definitely had the entire series mapped out as to what major events/reveals were to come at which points in what seasons.

S2Ep1 script probably wasn't written yet (since all the eps of S1 weren't even completed yet), but, JMS would've definitely had the entire series mapped out as to what major events/reveals were to come at which points in what seasons.

Hmm im sure if this ever materialises (which is highly unlikely) im sure hell quickly back in the swing of things and easily carry on from where the script for the season 1 finale left off

:LOL:

I'll get around to getting in touch with some of them ASAP. :p

Sounds good :D. Either that or we could all pool our cash, buy TNT have crusade return there, and then after five years disband the network for revenge muahahaha :devil:

I would not disband TNT if I bought it but I would alter their programming. Since their execs were upset about B5 fans not sticking around to watch the other shows on TNT, I would put on other programs that would interest B5 fans even though it would most assuredly drive away TNT's other viewers :p

Edit: The suggestions from the TNT execs are among the stupidest things I have ever read in my life...do they give intelligence tests to their people to screen out those who score too high?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Back