• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Valhalla Sector: My Speculation.

Morden

Regular
Okay, for the past two weeks now, Showtime has been showing the pilot for Jeremiah, and it got me wondering what is Valhalla Sector?
I deducted it being a person, because 'sector' indicates a place. And then it hit me like an angry narn with a key: Valhalla Sector could be a safe zone for the last surviving adults. After all, every plague has people who are naturally immune to it, so maybe Valhalla Sector is a place full of adults who arenaturally immune to the Big Death who decided to isolate themselves in case the Big D changed form the for the next generation. (Theo indicated that no one knew if the Big D was coming again with her "tampon" speech)
I think it's a definite possibility. Make since?

Valhalla is where you go if you die in battle. Perhaps it was a place set up to deal with friendlys who get infected with this disease assuming it was a bio-weapon that got loose or mutated accidentially. If it could be sealed from the rest of the world to keep the virus in perhaps it could be used to keep it out as well.

First, who says that the virus had to mutate after getting out of the lab? It could very well have acted basically as it was designed to work (aside from the developers not yet having worked out how to contain it geographically or immunize against it).

On the second point: any lab that could be sealed to keep a virus in can similarly be sealed to keep viruses out. The problems are that those kinds of lockdown procedures wouldn't be set up with long term survival of the isolated population in mind. Food, water, and even filtered fresh air could become life threatening / ending problems for those inside. For these purposes, the 6 month wait (or 8 or 12) until it was safe to have contact with the outside world counts as long term.

The most likely places to be able to survive would be places like Thunder Mountain. They would be set up to be self-sufficient for years in case in nuclear war, right down to not using un-scrubbed outside air. The trick would be for them to realize early enough that they needed to lock down. Apparently they blew that one. Not that this is surprising.

i will not reply to this thread, because i know more about the valhalla sector than most of them do.

i will not reply to this thread, because i know more about the valhalla sector than most of them do.

there.. that should get my desire to spoil things out of the way.. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif
-di doctor-

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by DrRingDing:
<font color=yellow>i will not reply to this thread, because i know more about the valhalla sector than most of them do.

there.. that should get my desire to spoil things out of the way.. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif
-di doctor- </font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
And you know all of this how?

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Recoil:
<font color=yellow>And you know all of this how? </font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

i'm on the inside... i won't say where or how, but i will say that it will not be for much longer as i am moving jobs..

Originally posted by DrRingDing:
<font color=yellow>i'm on the inside... </font color=yellow>

Yup, he is genuine Recoil. He probably said those things because he has seen a lot more episodes than we have. Lucky devil. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

Sweet! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Just keep teasing us like that, makes me look forward to the show even more. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Lyta:
<font color=yellow>
Yup, he is genuine Recoil. He probably said those things because he has seen a lot more episodes than we have. Lucky devil. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif </font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

heehee.. yup.. BUT... BUT... i will never see the finished products.. i've only seen rough cuts and cannot afford showtime.. so, on the other hand, you are luckier because you see them when they are actually presentable! /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif
-ringding-

*looks at Lyta and bangs her head into the wall, and she should know why /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif*

Valhalla Sector is obviously very important - as was Jeremiah's father. I got the distinct feeling he was a bigwig among those who caused/had something to do with the Big Death, just from the dialogue involving him in "The Long Road," which is the only ep I've seen.

That's right, JMS... pull out the chairs from under us midway through first season...

Hey, Dr, does that mean you can't get me a job writing for Jeremiah after all? /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif j/k

Here is a quote from "A Hero's Story" (the behind the scenes promo) where JMS said:

<font color=yellow>Narrator: Big question is ... what is the Valhalla Sector and does it exist?

JMS: The word on the street is that are new bunkers for government and military personnel, which are not only nuclear proof but bacteriologically solid and it -may be- that Valhalla Sector is one such operation.</font color=yellow>

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back