• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

B5 Events

Well I guess these aren't big news here, but I will keep mentioning them. There is another PayPerView event the 14TH with Tim Russ. Personally I just don't know enough of his work to be a big enough fan to spend money on this event, but I do highly recommend these events to people who do know the participants. I have thoroughly enjoyed what I have seen. I mean how often do you get to watch a horror movie while the stars of the movie talk about it on Halloween?!?!?!?! Last week was amazing. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

New event on the 30TH....

Joanna Cassidy

$29.98 Early Bird Discount.

I am looking forward to this one. A few of my favorites:

Blade Runner (1982)
Who Framed Roger Rabbit? (1988)
Buffalo Bill [TV Series] (1983-84)

These are the three I remember first when I hear her name. I also really like Club Paradise (1986) and I liked her in (Stephen King's) The Tommyknockers (1993) TV Mini-Series as well as enjoying seeing her in just about anything she has done that I've seen. :LOL:

Oh if you didn't do this event you missed it. LOL

So I was given access to the Pre-Show warm up of the GiGi Edgley Event. It is a Zoom Meeting where Fans can start the conversation early and Pat drops in for a minute. Anyway, it was hilarious because there were several hardcore Farscape Fans. They discussed how Farscape was the best Science Fiction Series of all time. And it was mention that it was so good because it was a serialized show that something that happened in Season One might come back and mean something in Season Three. It was quite entertaining. Unfortunately die hard fans won't hear you when you say, "Aaa you need to watch this other show if you want a serialized story." :LOL:

I've seen Farscape. I enjoyed Farscape, but one place where Farscape fails is that clearly there was no overall arc design. The serialized nature of that story is almost random. Like so many shows that have tried, Farscape clearly had no overall aim, or at least that is how the productions came out. I recommend Farscape. It is a good show, but a brilliant serialized plot it is not. And like so many other shows too many episodes were fantastic for the sake of being fantastic. Too many episodes where characters swapped bodies or went weirdly through time or basically did a weird thing just for the sake of doing a weird thing. It wasn't something that served the arc or anything like that. The shame is that like so many Farscape has a GREAT foundation and GREAT characters, but after you have seen what can really be done with a seriealized story you become keenly aware of those who fail to create one. BUT still, Farscape is VERY entertaining and I do highly recomment it. :thumbsup: (That is not sarcasm.)

Farscape is definitely another show that wasn't given enough chances. I'll agree with you that anyone who liked Farscape probably would enjoy B5 for the same reasons they liked Farscape.

One thing I did love about the show was how they depicted the main character's descent into no longer being quite sane. He's on a spaceship on the other side of the galaxy, cut off from Earth and everyone he knows, forced to interact with aliens for the first time in human history, repeatedly shot and tortured and pursued by someone for a crime he basically didn't commit. Yeah, no way you could stay perfectly sane through all that.

Farscape is definitely another show that wasn't given enough chances. I'll agree with you that anyone who liked Farscape probably would enjoy B5 for the same reasons they liked Farscape.

One thing I did love about the show was how they depicted the main character's descent into no longer being quite sane. He's on a spaceship on the other side of the galaxy, cut off from Earth and everyone he knows, forced to interact with aliens for the first time in human history, repeatedly shot and tortured and pursued by someone for a crime he basically didn't commit. Yeah, no way you could stay perfectly sane through all that.

So True. Don't get me wrong, I REALLY like the show. The characters were portrayed well, the puppets were great characters, all the characters were great, the music is fantastic, the visuals were awesome, the setup of the story is great. My two issues come down to not having a better structured arc and too many weird episodes for the sake of seeming fantastic - like characters body swapping and the like. These are similar issues that I have with SG-1, SGA, and many SciFi series that attempt to serialize their plots. B5 has some weird episode aspects, but there was always some other purpose served, or at least in mind.

I personally love the body swap episode. If only for the fact that John does exactly what most men would do if they found themselves in Claudia Black's body all of a sudden. Every other show I've ever seen has been pretty coy about the issue.

Yeah. I enjoyed Farscape. It had a zany aspect to it that really appealed. The puppets were a marvel to behold and overall it remained entertaining throughout.

I also love the body swap episode.

I also love the body swap episode.

I am not saying the "Body Swap" episode is a bad episode. I am trying to say there were too many episodes in that vein. There were too many episodes that dealt with the fantastic for the sake of being out there instead of episodes that served the story. The body swap episode served a purpose, but was only slightly relatable to the arc in terms of character interaction and development more than moving the arc along. The body swap episode is just an example I recalled immediately, mostly because I am currently in the early seasons of SG-1 and there are a few episodes of body swapping. It is a plot I find annoying, especially when over done, as in the case of SG-1. But my point is that Farscape could have had a solid arc and it does not. It has somewhat of an arc mixed with a bunch of stand alone episodes that were done because they were doing a SciFi show. They have gimmicks like body swapping and a moody ship or a moody pilot or a time warp or whatever. JMS added in these gimmicky SciFi elements, but they served the overall scheme in one shape or another. Even if the gimmick wasn't the "A" plot there was likely something happening in the "B" plot, or mentioned in the script somewhere that you could tie to the arc. That is not really something you saw in Farscape's arc all the time.

Last edited:
So I attended the B5 EVENTS Trivia today. It was great. They have some bugs to work out, but other than that it was a lot of fun.

A highlight was that Jason Davis seemed to have made the questions a bit too difficult for the audience. This meant he had to come up with new questions on the fly, which meant Madame Tallman had to entertain the guests. So everyone got to chat a lot with her.

Another highlight is that from the Chat it appeared there were several new Babylon 5 fans in attendance whom have only discovered the show in recent years. Good to know we're still reeling them in. ;)

Low light, I was pretty annoyed at how poorly I faired on answering most questions. It wasn't that I didn't know the answer. It was that the question didn't jog it from my memory. :LOL: :guffaw: :LOL: :p

So I attended the B5 EVENTS Trivia today. It was great. They have some bugs to work out, but other than that it was a lot of fun.

A highlight was that Jason Davis seemed to have made the questions a bit too difficult for the audience. This meant he had to come up with new questions on the fly, which meant Madame Tallman had to entertain the guests. So everyone got to chat a lot with her. :LOL: :guffaw: :LOL: :p

nerdiest-joke-ever-volkswagon-bug-with-feature-vanity-plate-570x541.jpg

Low light, I was pretty annoyed at how poorly I faired on answering most questions. It wasn't that I didn't know the answer. It was that the question didn't jog it from my memory. :LOL: :guffaw: :LOL: :p

Can you give some examples of the questions asked?

Nice one Kraig :LOL:

Okay you are going to test my memory here Springer. I will try to remember a few.

Disclaimer: Most, if not all, of these questions spring from Jason Davis having to come up with slightly easier questions on the fly. It was quickly evident that his questions were too difficult for most contestants, which is shocking because his revised questions were pretty hard and I thought the contestants faired very well.
Please note that I don't claim any of these were the word for word the exact question. As a matter of fact most are probably flatly wrong and not phrased nearly as complexly as Jason gave them to the contestants.;)
AND NOTE that at least one of these questions has a BOOK SPOILER for the answer - you know if you are like me and have not read all the Canon Books yet.

If I recall correctly contestants had 15 seconds to answer. You can judge the difficulty level for yourselves. ;)

To whom was Lise Hampton married to before William Edgars?

What was the name of G'Kar's first attaché?

What was the name of Dureena Nafeel's home planet?

Who's nickname was "Puddin"?

Who was the hero of "The Canal Wars"?

What does the Narn phrase "Sha-Drok" translate to in English?

What was the building Number One's lover bombed on Mars?

For whom did Lyta Alexander first work for?

Where did new members of Brother Theo's order begin their studies?

Who was the First Officer on The Ares?

Whom did Anna Sheridan follow on The Icarus Expedition?

To whom was Lyndisty engaged?

Who was The Black Rose Killer?

How many sisters did Dr. Franklin have?

What did Tharg tell his son Shon he could read while they waited to learn his latest test results?

What name was Desmond Musychenko known by on Babylon 5? (I think this one was a bit more complicated than I phrased it.)

What was the last name of the family Garibaldi befriended while working on Europa?

Who was Alisha Ross?

And that is about all I can remember. There were more, but I can't even really give a summation of what they were. For instance I recall one about Timov, but I don't remember any specifics other than I don't think it was which wife did Londo keep. :LOL:

And sorry, I don't recall the winner's name other than it was Matt Win...something.. something. And just to get creepy, I may have fallen in love with one of the contestants. There is a LOT to be said for a woman when she can answer Babylon 5 Trivia better than I can. She scored MAJOR points with me. I might tell her if I knew her, but then again I don't enjoy frightening women or tangling with law enforcement. :wtf::p;):LOL:

Last edited:
I'll have a go at answering them for fun - bet I don't do very well! Promise I won't cheat and look these up!

Franz... someone or other.

Ko'Dath! Out the airlock!

Dunno (sadly I didn't pay as much attention to Crusade I should have - need to watch it again)

No idea! Is this from the books?

The what?! lol

Ooh, Talon said this a lot on the Streib ship I think... does it mean 'kill me?'

It was a hotel I think - the Mars Hilton or something like that?

Psi-Cops

The monastery on Earth, but can't remember where. Chicago?

Was that Gideon's old ship? No, that was the Cerberus, wasn't it?

The Shadows - or do you mean who was leading the expedition? I remember Anna said his name in the message to Sheridan's sister, but I can't remember, Dr somebody or other.

Vir

Brad Dourif, um, want to say his name was Charles Dexter?

All I remember is he had more than one sister. 2? 3? lol

What did Tharg tell his son Shon he could read while they waited to learn his latest test results?

The sacred scrolls.

What name was Desmond Musychenko known by on Babylon 5? (I think this one was a bit more complicated than I phrased it.)

I think that was William Sanderson's character whose name escapes me... ah, Deuce?

What was the last name of the family Garibaldi befriended while working on Europa?

Lianna Kemmer and the Kemmer family, think her dad was called Frank.

Who was Alisha Ross?

No idea.

How'd I do?

Last edited:
Fun note: The question about Lyta (it was a set of dates rather than 'first worked was later addressed to Pat and she got it right!

And the question about Timov was 'which wife did he keep'.

I thought that the new questions were far more in line with a fun game than the first which were more 'B5 Olympics' level. Though Jason was willing to be flexible regarding the answers he'd accept, like the less-detailed answer to the Shon question.

It was fun!

Sorry everyone. I should have done it this way in the first place. Here are the answers with Springer's answers mixed in. :thumbsup:

Spoiler for spoiler:
Springer said "Franz" and Franz was the accepted answer.

Spoiler for spoiler:
"Ko'Dath" was the answer.

Spoiler for spoiler:
Answer: ZANDER PRIME

Spoiler for spoiler:
Answer: Matthew Stoner's nickname for his ex-wife Talia Winters.

Spoiler for spoiler:
Answer: General Richard Franklin - Stephen Franklin's Father.

Spoiler for spoiler:
"Kill Me" is correct

Spoiler for spoiler:
"A Hotel" was the accepted answer. RED PLANET HOTEL is the specific answer.

Spoiler for spoiler:
Answer: Xenocorp

Spoiler for spoiler:
Answer: New Mallory

Spoiler for spoiler:
Answer: General Richard Franklin again

Spoiler for spoiler:
Answer: Dr. Chang

Spoiler for spoiler:
"Vir" is correct

Spoiler for spoiler:
"Brother Edward" was the answer given and accepted, but of course Springer's answer "Charles Dexter" would be more accurate.

Spoiler for spoiler:
Answer: 4. (I think General Franklin mentions that he has 5 children and then sisters comes up.)

Spoiler for spoiler:
"Sacred Scrolls" was the accepted answer though Scroll of Herrell or Parable of The 7TH Declination was the more specific answer that Jason was looking for. LOL

Spoiler for spoiler:
"Deuce" was correct.

Spoiler for spoiler:
"Kemmer" was correct

Who was Alisha Ross?

Spoiler for spoiler:
Answer: Alfred Bester's wife's name. I believe that is the one they said was in a book because I never remember hearing an actual name in the series.

And one question I should have remembered after I brought up another question, Name the alien race that captured and tortured Sheridan?

Spoiler for spoiler:
"The Streib" which Springer already answered. LOL

And yet another one I had jogged free, who were Daniel Lane and Jim Fennerman? I don't think that is the exact question, but it is related.

Spoiler for spoiler:
Answer: Stephen Franklin and Marcus undercover as newlyweds on Mars.

And Jan confirmed that I was wrong. The question was, which wife did Londo keep?

Spoiler for spoiler:
Answer: Timov

I think it is pretty obvious this was a lot of fun. ;)

:LOL::guffaw::LOL:

OMG WAS THE EXTRAVAGNZA AMAZING!!!!! :dancing: I HAD HIGH EXPECTATIONS THAT WERE GREATLY SURPASSED!!!!! Just putting faces and voices to people who are such a huge part of something that has been a giant part of my life. It is one thing to read an interview and an entirely different thing to see their faces and personalities as they tell you the story. And see the love they have for each other and hear their fond memories. The only negative was that there wasn't nearly enough time for every group. I know they appreciated not having to be on camera more than they were, but OH how I wanted to hear more of everyone's stories. My point is, if you missed this you need to seriously consider buying the Replay. You might be able to read about some of these stories, BUT I WOULD SAY MANY OF THEM HAVE NEVER COME OUT. And it is so different hearing the stories straight from the individual and seeing their personality as they tell you the tale.:thumbsup:

EXTRAVAGANZA REPLAY LINK AVAILABLE NOW!!!!!

If you missed Saturday's B5 Event you can purchase the Replay Link now.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back