• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

TV Guide Online news item on B5LR telemovie

B5LR

Regular
<font size="+1">TV Guide Online news item on B5LR telemovie</font>
<font size="3">"B5 creator goes back to the future", reports the site</font>

Although it was a week ago now, for those who don't know, a small news item went up at the TV Guide Online website about the new telemovie.

The article deals with B5 a little bit too, and has a couple of quotes from JMS. It also refers to the "reptilian" G'Kar!

JMS said of possible B5 guest stars in the potential series, "We know where our players are in terms of their universe, so that makes it possible for these new characters to go to those places and, whenever possible, see a few familiar faces."

Click here for the article.

Thanks to everyone who mentioned this to me.

I know this has been discussed quite a bit here! But I had to put the news item up, even if it was late. I dropped the ball, and I've got behind.

------------------
Dreg: "Most beauteous and supremely magnificent one, this dark spell I hold in my worthless and scabby hand is our gift to you, most tingly and wonderful Glorificus..."
Glory: "Please, call me Glory. And get up, looking at you is hurting my neck."
Dreg: "Forgive me, shiny special one. I beg of you to rip out my inadequate tongue."
Glory: "Gimme."

When its about 6 months before the most likely airing time, I'd say its safe to be a bit late about these things, Antony!
wink.gif

And I noticed that "reptilian" thing, too. Funny, the Narn never really looked "reptilian" to me. Is this another case of a reviewer who knows NOTHING about B5 trying to review B5?
shocked.gif

------------------
"Why not? Only 1 Human captain has ever survived battle with the Minbari fleet. He is behind me, you are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else."

[This message has been edited by hypatia (edited June 27, 2001).]

Yeah, the reptilian thingwas wrong. I don't think he can be considered that at all. Considering comments such as pouchling, they're more marsupials.

------------------
Dreg: "Most beauteous and supremely magnificent one, this dark spell I hold in my worthless and scabby hand is our gift to you, most tingly and wonderful Glorificus..."
Glory: "Please, call me Glory. And get up, looking at you is hurting my neck."
Dreg: "Forgive me, shiny special one. I beg of you to rip out my inadequate tongue."
Glory: "Gimme."

I hate to admit it but I don't know much about snakes mating habits
blush.gif
But I always thought of the Narns as reptilian and I believe they have been described that way before.

------------------

Well in the show there were some Humans who reffered to aliens as "Snake Heads", but did not mention the Narns by name. If it was just Xenophobic Human slang for aliens or Narns specifically is not known. At least, not by me.
laugh.gif

------------------
THRAWN
Official ambasador
to Babylon 5 from The People's Republic of Haven.

"Kill 'em all, Let Valen sort them out."
-Random B5 bumper sticker

"If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten."
-George Carlin

What the heck, the review wasn't bad, that's what really counts, right?

------------------
"Why not? Only 1 Human captain has ever survived battle with the Minbari fleet. He is behind me, you are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else."

"Reptilian" is really the only way you can quickly describe G'Kar to people who have never seen him. I mean think about the general reading public, at least it will make some sense to them.

------------------
Alec McClymont, 3D Artist
3D Artist - GVFX

We live for the one. We die for the one.

Well, looks like the article was printed after all. I'm not sure if it's perfectly identical to the one on their web site, but it seems to be close.

Doesn't state anything new, but does say that tLaDiS is based about 2 and a half years after OaR.

Also, a nice pic of Martel, G'Kar, and Dulann in what appears to be the Grey Council chamber. There's one robed member on the left of the pic, and appears to be another (harder to see) grey council member just to the right of G'Kar's head.

------------------
Sheridan: Are you trying to cheer me up?
Ivanova: No sir, wouldn't dream of it.
Sheridan: Good, I hate being cheered up. It's depressing.
Ivanova: So in that case we're all going to die horrible, painful, lingering deaths.
Sheridan: Thank you, I feel so much better now.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back