• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The Big Bang Theory

KoshN

Super Moderator
The show seems to be doing well in the ratings. Anybody here watching it? It's must see TV for me.

Referring to last night's episode, all Sheldon has to do is that smile (with or without showing teeth) and I'm ROFL. Scary, deranged, and funny as hell.

I watched an episode once; I decided it was a little too close to home for me to be truly funny.

It's close to home for me too, but I still find it funny. I'm a bit like Sheldon (looks, and personality though nowhere near that extreme.) and my buddy Rocco is a lot like Leonard.

Yeah, I don't know what it was about it that put me off; ordinarily I like self-deprecation, but somehow it struck too many painful memories.

Yeah, I don't know what it was about it that put me off; ordinarily I like self-deprecation, but somehow it struck too many painful memories.

Give it another shot. I think you'll like it. Just don't take yourself too seriously, and don't take it personally. ;) The show isn't about YOU; it's about THEM. Plus, it's not a "mean" show as far as how the characters are depicted. It pokes fun at everybody, the geeks, the jocks and the beautiful, popular people.

Hell, just thinking about the October 13th episode has me cracking up. :guffaw: Wonder what they're going to do for their Halloween ep., presumably the October 27th ep.? Did you see the episode where they all show up dressed as The Flash for Penny's Halloween Party (Ep. 6 - "The Middle Earth Paradigm" aired October 29, 2007.) ? Comedy gold. :D

Seriously, if you're skipping this, you're missing out on a damned good show. They even had an episode where they had the real prop from "The Time Machine" (1960). :D

It is a great show. It took me forever to recognize the lead actor was "David" from "Roseanne".:LOL:

Well, you must mean Leonard (Johnny Galecki), although I don't know if he's considered "the lead actor."

Here's how I'd list them:

Leads (in alphabetical order by lastname):
Kaley Cuoco as Penny
Johnny Galecki as Leonard
Jim Parsons as Sheldon

Supporting (in alphabetical order by lastname):
Simon Helberg as Wolowitz
Kunal Nayyar as Koothrappali

Last edited:
Well, you must mean Leonard (Johnny Galecki), although I don't know if he's considered "the lead actor."

You're right (JG) and you're wrong.:p The "Leonard" character is the center of "The Big Bang".:devil: The black hole which centers all polot points. She is cuter though.:devil:

Anybody here watching it? It's must see TV for me.

What's not to love? Not only are scientists the lead characters, but they actually do Physics jokes. I was in hysterics with the "It only works for spherical chickens in a vacuum" joke. [NOTE: we've only had season 1 so far. I think season 2 should be starting soon enough though]. And my favourite band do the theme music! Here is a longer version of the theme tune:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-a8MguIMmCI

Anybody who can find a rhyme for "austrolipithicus" must be aweomse (I've probably spelled it wrong).

The odd thing was I used to visit a Baenaked Ladies forum and they announced they were doing the theme tune to the show. Becuase we get everything so late, it must have been nearly a year after I read the announcement to when the first episode aired here. During the adverts that were building up the hype for the show a few weeks before it started, I knew I had heard of the show before but couldn't place why.

So me and the wife are sitting down watching the first show and when the theme tune comes on, it took me about 10 seconds to realise it was BNL, and I jumped up and exclaimed:
"I KNEW I'd heard of the Big Bang Theory" and my wife quick as a flash replied
"Well as you're an Astrophysicist, I hope you would've".;)

What's not to love? Not only are scientists the lead characters, but they actually do Physics jokes. I was in hysterics with the "It only works for spherical chickens in a vacuum" joke. [NOTE: we've only had season 1 so far. I think season 2 should be starting soon enough though].

I have to timer record everything, because I can never count on being at home at any given time. The Big Bang Theory is the only show that I can't wait to watch as soon as I get home, and the one I'll end up watching two or three times that week. I think you're going to like Season 2. ;)

Just for those who live in the UK and are interested in The Big Bang Theory. It starts again on Wednesday on E4 from 9pm (double bill).

I think you're going to like Season 2. ;)
Oh yes, I am:thumbsup:

They are doing two episodes a week here, and I somehow missed episodes 3 and 4 :( but the ones I've seen I've thoroughly enjoyed.

I watched episodes 7 and 8 last night (The Panty Pinata Polarization and the Lizard-Spock Expansion). Episode 7 was absolutely hilarious with Penny and Sheldon trying to outdo each other.

I was always worried that they'd start making the show just about Sheldon. And while he's a very funny character, if it was always about him then I could see it getting annoying. Luckily I don't think they've done that yet. Another reason I liked episode 7 was the two storylines. It gave more screen time to Howard and Rajesh which is good.

Oh yes, I am:thumbsup:

They are doing two episodes a week here, and I somehow missed episodes 3 and 4 :( but the ones I've seen I've thoroughly enjoyed.

I watched episodes 7 and 8 last night (The Panty Pinata Polarization and the Lizard-Spock Expansion). Episode 7 was absolutely hilarious with Penny and Sheldon trying to outdo each other.

You did catch the Leonard's mention of Babylon 5, didn't you? :D Unfortunately for me, my digital signal pixilated, froze and the sound went dead for the reply. :( I went back to watching OTA (Over The Air) and I've got to get a new, good antenna. Tore the old ones down during my 1975-2004 cable days. Never thought I'd need 'em again.

You did catch the Leonard's mention of Babylon 5, didn't you? :D Unfortunately for me, my digital signal pixilated, froze and the sound went dead for the reply. :( I went back to watching OTA (Over The Air) and I've got to get a new, good antenna. Tore the old ones down during my 1975-2004 cable days. Never thought I'd need 'em again.

Yes, that was great to hear.:)

Here is a youtube clip of the scene, in case you want to know what was said next:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Kov2G0GouBw

I watched this in a test screening in Vegas, and absolutely slated it. Awful, awful American humour shite. Sorry, I hated it! Hated it. Hated it so much.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back