• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

UK DVD - my The Gathering is broken :(

SwiftBiscuit

Regular
I finally got my copy of The Gathering as a birthday present, but my player won't read it. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

Luckily my brother put the recipt in with the pressie, just in case. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

I got that a few months ago, and I really enjoyed it. I had owned the original VHS for many years, and even though there were no special features I thought the new cut with new score was excellent. Also, some bits make more sense - such as when Lyta walks away from the docking bay in a daze.

I'd also like to see a boxset of Crusade with plenty of special features. And of course, as I am always saying these days - the sooner LotR comes out on r2 dvd the better, i still can't get to see it otherwise!

Sometimes, even DVD disks come with defects. Alternatively, it could be a region code issue, but I suspect you are well informed in such matters, and would not mistake region code for defects.

Hope they exchange it, and the new disk plays well.

The replacement works peachy. I'm enjoying the new clarity after watching the tape for so long. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Re: UK DVD - my The Gathering isn\'t broken :)

To be honest I was so enjoying the thing I didn't compare them. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Re: UK DVD - my The Gathering isn\'t broken :)

good response /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

just a question if anyone knows the answer: was G'Kar on the packaging just to get more sales, or what?

Back