• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Unique G'KAR statue

Looks very cool but I am guessing unlicensed? The only dolls that I recall were the ones done by "Exclusive Premiere" around the time of the 5th season. Those were only in 6" and 9" versions.

Looks very cool but I am guessing unlicensed? The only dolls that I recall were the ones done by "Exclusive Premiere" around the time of the 5th season. Those were only in 6" and 9" versions.

I was thinking it was an unlicensed statue as well Joe. But on close inspection, there is a trademark on the base of the statue. I asked the seller for a close up pic of it and it does say TM but there was nothing else on the statue or base that says where it was made. So it is possible that a B5 fan made the statue himself and just tried to make it look official by putting a trademark on it. It is made of ceramic so that might lend to it being fan made as well. Still I am curious.

Never seen one, so I’ve no idea if it is. But it *might* be one of the (originally unpainted) G’Kar models released thru the fan club for $125 (back around 1999)– and someone has painted it up.

The fully painted Deluxe resin baked ones (signed by Andreas, jms and John Vulich) were available for $1,000, with a less painted limited edition (unsigned) version going for $250.

[edit]
Just did a quick google. Yeah, it does look like it is one of those (presumably) unsigned ones originally being sold at $250.00.

http://www.reocities.com/Hollywood/picture/8113/fanclub.html

I’m guessing the seller ain’t a fan and selling it without knowing how much they cost. ; )
Potentially a good buy for collectors by the look of it.

Last edited:
It looks like the right one Triple F. Thanks for helping out. To bad it is getting out of my price range. It is a nice looking statue and I would of liked to had G'Kar staring at me on my computer desk. Does that make me weird ?

dennis

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back