• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

B 5 DVD S1/R1 Box sets available for preorder

Yeah, Amazon will get them soon hopefully. I suggest everyone waits to see what the price is there. They're not out until October, so you have plenty of time to pre-order. Plus, shopping through Amazon helps fund this site. With *another* server move on the horizon, helping this site is always appreciated. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif I will also hopefully be doing many DVD features soon, as well as B5 interviews. So there's plenty to come on this subject. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

30% off!!!!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Hrm ... I wonder where they got their information from ...

They list Bruce Boxleitner as one of the actors ...

And they say it's a 5 disc set ... normally they only put 4 episodes on a disc so it wouldn't fit on just 5 discs - and that's not even counting the extra features. Hopefully the price is right and hopefully we find it even cheaper other places ... not just for my budget, of course ... the more inexpensive, the more people will buy, the more likely a season 2! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Me, I will either order via AMAZON through the B5TV website (nods to Antony) or go Retail. I usually like buying retail, but have ordered stuff online. Did anyone order their B5 ItB and Gathering DVD from Amazon? How close to the street date did you receive the product? I totally see myself breaking down and going retail because I know I can own it on that Tuesday instead of waiting 3-4 days for shipping. Sad huh? Anyway, anyone have feedback on when they got their ItB DVD and how soon after the street date it was?

I got mine through Amazon.com but I don't think I'm the best reference for this. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif I think it took close to three weeks to get it, from the day it was shipped (which, I think, was the street date), and that is a bit longer than usual with Amazon. But of course, international shipping just before Christmas ... no wonder.

But then, I didn't have the retail option, so I'm not complaining. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

I for one will be shopping around to see the best price for the dvd's and there is where I will buy them online or in a retail store.

UK people would be advised to wait until www.play.com get it in. Their prices are very good and I got my ItB DVD a week before it came out in the US - and I'm in the UK! That is VERY good service...

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Their prices are very good and I got my ItB DVD a week before it came out in the US - and I'm in the UK! That is VERY good service...

[/quote]

Er, that would be impossibly good service, since ItB was never released as an individual DVD in the U.S. ItB and The Gathering were released as a two-sided double-feature DVD on December 4, 2001 - several months before the UK individual releases. Unless you received your DVD last November, you didn't get it before the U.S. release. (And if you did, I'm really impressed - because you got it before any of the PAL R2 discs were even pressed. Been hanging out in Sector 14 lately? /forums/images/icons/smile.gif)

I bought mine when I was up in Canada and it was around the release date but they still only had one left. Not sure if people snatched them up or they just didn't stock very many. I did get a good price on it and I think I worked it out to be about 12 or 13 bucks and that included tax I believe.

I did buy a copy for a friend via Amazon (sorry Ant, but I gotta support my own online store /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif) which was $15 + $2 shipping. This was a xmas order and I think I got it at the pre-order price (even though I ordered it on the 5th). It shipped Dec 18th (release date was Dec 4th I believe) and it got to them just in the nick of time for Christmas.

play.com do sell R1 DVDs as well though, Joe.

For UK readers... there will be a competition here at the site, that if you buy the DVDs through us you have a chance of winning an exclusive collector's edition box set with two videos, book and keyring.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
play.com do sell R1 DVDs as well though, Joe.

[/quote]

Yes, I've seen several R2 sites that sell R1 DVDs. But there was no R1 DVD with only In the Beginning.

Regards,

Joe

I found the ITB/Gathering dvd in Future Shop here for $19.99 CAD, there was a special discount on it. On a humorous side note, that price is two dollars LESS than what Delerium's new (well, not actually new, but the newest of all of them) album, Poem goes for. Why humorous? Well, because this is a DVD for crying out loud. I gotta find a way to get my Delerium stuff cheaper. New albums by losers like Eminem and Nelly go for about 12 bucks, and I have to shell out 22 for a Delerium release in november of 2000.
Regardless, I'll be purchasing both very very soon.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back