• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Crusade DVD Set at Amazon.com - Reviews

KoshN

Super Moderator
Just read a review at Amazon and it contained the following words:

...about the bottom-feeding mouth-breathers at TNT and their moral/ethical shortcomings (beyond recto-cranial inversion -- child molesters look down upon these bozos)...

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

How funny, and yet true at the same time. That's a keeper. Thinking about making it my sig. :D

I can never understand the hatred for TNT.

Without them, there' be no B5 season five, no telemovies, no remastered pilot, no Crusade... potentially no B5LR as a knock-on effect.

Yet because JMS fell out with them because he didn't agree with what they wanted from a show they were paying for, and never having heard their side, people just spit acid at them.

Am I missing something?

Am I missing something?

All of what you say is true and good. A lot of that is negated when we hear things like:

JMS at the Hawthorne Comic Con:

JMS: I want the real truth to come out. Including the fact...I ran into some guys who worked for TNT about two years after Crusade went down. And they said, "Did you ever hear the rest of the story?" JMS: "What rest of the story?" TNT guys: "We found out, we did a research survey, a five year long study of our ratings. This was just after Crusade got going. And, we found out that the audience for B5 came for B5, then left afterward. And the TNT regular viewers didn't stick around for B5 and went away and came back. B5 wasn't adding to our viewer base." So...they decided to pull the plug on Crusade for that reason and use the money to buy another show. But they couldn't say that because they'd be in breach of contract with Warner Bros. So their job was to make it impossible for us so they could then say, "We aren't getting the show we want, our notes aren't being dealt with, therefore we aren't responsible, we're canceling the show, this is your nut Warner Bros., you take care of it." That is why all the notes became so egregious. If I had given them everything they wanted, they still would have pulled the plug. They just wanted out. Yeah, I want that information out there. (Audience: We'll take care of that) On the DVDs. You all heard the tenor of the notes? (agreement, requests for JMS to tell some anyway) That's all right. Other questions... Yes, sir.

Plus, we do have a sample of their side. JMS posted one of his memos to TNT here.

It appeared, even before JMS told us about what the former TNT people told him, that the company was acting unethically. Add that to the frustration of TV watchers everywhere who are just plain sick of having programs pulled after small numbers of episodes and you get the anger/hatred for TNT.

Jan

Very well said, Jan. If I might add something, our anger is directed at :mad:TNT-Atlanta :mad:, not all of TNT (which would include TNT-LA). All the crap came out of TNT-Atlanta.

Quite frankly I don't have a hatred of TNT or the Sci-Fi channel. I just find their programming to be of no interest to me whatsoever, and if those channels were to disappear from my cable company's offerings I wonder how long it would take me to notice.

I frankly find Sci-Fi to be more of the disappointment, quite frankly. I thought briefly that the science fiction channel would be dedicated to science fiction. How naive of me. :rolleyes:

Ah, but to hear some SciFiChannel officials speak, they are dedicated to science fiction, it's just some of us in the sci fi audience that hold too strict of a definition to what science fiction is. :rolleyes:

Any show that doesn't involve space or aliens, I guess, is science fiction now. ;)

The sad truth is, they are doing better in the ratings, aren't they?

It's a damned good thing I like to read. :LOL: I recently bought "The Stars My Destination". :)

I don't know how the SciFiChannel could consider a lot of its stuff science fiction. When I see them showing endless movies like Ass-Slasher 3: Revenge of the Evil Ass, I just shake my head in pity.

The Stars My Destination, going off of the few reviews and such on amazon.com that I've read of it a couple years ago, sounds like a it might be a nice read. There are so many books I'd like to read; if I ever get the adversity to reading that my delightful ADHD seems to take joy in afflicting me with, I should get me a library card somewhere and get my hands on a bunch of the books I'd like to read.

Originally posted by hypatia:
Quite frankly I don't have a hatred of TNT or the Sci-Fi channel. I just find their programming to be of no interest to me whatsoever, and if those channels were to disappear from my cable company's offerings I wonder how long it would take me to notice.

I find TNT's programming of no interest whatsoever. WRT the Sci-Fi Channel, I always liked Stargate SG-1, and the Battlestar Galactica miniest-of-miniseries was OK, but Sci-Fi Channel steps on their good stuff with soooo many popups and voiceovers for obnoxious stuff:

scaretacticspopup.jpg

... that I'll just buy the good stuff on DVD when it comes out. That way, eliminate my exposure to their crap shows and ads. for their crap shows..

I frankly find Sci-Fi to be more of the disappointment, quite frankly. I thought briefly that the science fiction channel would be dedicated to science fiction. How naive of me. :rolleyes:

Seems like you're being excessively "frank" there. :devil: Sorry, couldn't resist. :devil: You're not the only one who was naive. Me too. Channel name means nothing.

Originally posted by vacantlook :
Ah, but to hear some SciFiChannel officials speak, they are dedicated to science fiction, it's just some of us in the sci fi audience that hold too strict of a definition to what science fiction is. :rolleyes:

You listen to them when they speak? Whatever for??? You can't believe anything they say. I'd ignore what they say and just look at what they do. What they say means nothing.

Any show that doesn't involve space or aliens, I guess, is science fiction now. ;)

The sad truth is, they are doing better in the ratings, aren't they?

It doesn't have to be science fiction or even "sci-fi" to be on The Sci-Fi Channel. Pretty soon, if 1% of their programming is sci-fi, they'll say you should be happy that they provide you with that much.

I don't know how the SciFiChannel could consider a lot of its stuff science fiction. When I see them showing endless movies like Ass-Slasher 3: Revenge of the Evil Ass, I just shake my head in pity.

"Ass-Slasher 3: Revenge of the Evil Ass" ??? ...a movie about Bonnie? :devil: :devil: :devil:

"Ass-Slasher 3: Revenge of the Evil Ass" ??? ...a movie about Bonnie?

No, you're thinking of Bonnie Vs Decomposing Zombie Pirates. As for what a giant mutant carrot is doing in that film with her and the pirates, I have no clue.

If they showed "Attack of the Killer Tomatos" I would definitely watch it. :D

Aaaah, a classic. :LOL:

I saw it at an art house theater.

No, you're thinking of Bonnie Vs Decomposing Zombie Pirates. As for what a giant mutant carrot is doing in that film with her and the pirates, I have no clue.

Carrot? Seems like this thread is going the way of NC-17. :eek: :) It's just when I saw "Evil Ass" in your post, I thought of Bonnie: Evil Ass - Destroyer of Sci-Fi As We Know It. :p

Sci-Fi Channel

hmm... could you sue them under the Trade Descriptions Act, because this certainly doesn't do what it says on the tin?

Back