• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

"Today we lost Richard Biggs"

Re: \"Today we lost Richard Biggs\"

Very sad news. I still can't believe it.

A very great loss. B5 would not have been what it was without him. He will be greatly missed. My thoughts are with his family.

"Where There Is Light; There Is Shadow"
"Where There Is No More Light; There Is No More Shadow"
"Only Darknes Remains..."
I feel terrible sorry for his passing away; I loved his performance in B5 season one:
Believers very much. Now I am never ever able to tell him that. He was a great, great actor.
Someone I really wish to have known personally.

I'd like to join everybody else on this forum and everywhere around this globe in expressing my deepest condolences to Richard Biggs' family and his lifetime friends. This is definetely so wrong. I can't even figure this one out yet. It's so unreal... I mean... it's... unfair...

I don't have any words anymore. He was a good actor and for what I've read about him, he was a good man also. I'm sorry. This is... very sad news... :(

If you were going to guess which member of the B5 cast might just literally drop dead, he would probably be the last person you would guess. He was young, and seemed to be in great shape. It shows how tenuous and unpredictable life is, and why we must treasure every minute of it. A very sad loss.

As all of you know, JMS said that there might be a fund raiser for Richard
Biggs' children. I'm sure that further news will be forthcoming but I wanted
to get something started now.

I had a few auctions a while back after JMS recued Buddy the cat and suggested
that donations to the shelter that helped him would be a niceness. There was
such an outpouring of support that I thought it would be a good thing to do
again.

I've started a new Ebay User ID - RBiggsMemorial and a new PayPal account for
email address RBiggsMemorial@aol.com. I've got two auctions already running
for super-rare autographed Sleeping in Light CDs:

Auctions for R Biggs Memorial

or

http://tinyurl.com/2az5w

and plan several more. All proceeds from these auctions will go toward the
memorial fund.

Please note that this is strictly my *own* effort and not official in any way.
I have no objection to anybody using the PayPal account to send direct
donations and if so, I'll forward the information on to any official
rundraising. At this time, I'm not really asking for direct donations until I
can possibly link the account to an official memorial fund.

Thanks folks,
Jan

Very sad :( I lit a candle in his memory, and might do so again tomorrow.

To Richard:

May your walkabout bring you to the place where no shadows fall! :)

Frank

Wow,
got into the office early on Monday morning and hit with this. Always a shock, and doubly so when they are relatively young. I always thought Richard Biggs had so much potential as an actor, and we were going to see his carrer really take off even beyond the excellent work he did in Babylon 5. I am very saddened by this, and my heart goes out to the family.

Rest in peace, Richard.

That is a very nice gesture, and I have already put in a bid.

Thanks so much Grumbler! I've added some more items this morning and another poster is sending some more t-shirts. I hope to have items in several price ranges so that as many people as possible can help out.

Jan

I also want to add my heartfelt sorrow for the loss of Richard. I had met him at a convention and he was a very down to earth person who seemed to enjoy meeting and talking to his fans. The shock of seeing the headline cannot be explained.
To the people of this site the cast of B5 are almost family so the loss is felt even more then when other personalities pass away.
Richard, THANKS for what you brought to the B5 universe, we will all miss you very much.

That is just so sad. I had just finished watching S4 'Racing Mars', and just enjoying his performance. Then to hear this...

It has left me a little shell-shocked.

May the soul of this dearly departed,
Through the mercy of God,
Rest in peace.

How terrible to hear. I've only seen Richard Biggs play Dr. Franklin, and saw him in a TV movie once I believe, but, the way he emoted Franklin, and rode Franklin's story throughout B5 was amazing, he was a truly fine actor, who I am sad will not be adding to his body of work any longer. He definitely sounds like he was as good a person as he was an actor, I'm speechless.

I'm still struggling to get my head around this - as I always do when someone so young and, apparently, fit "just stops" (as it were).

Kind of puts it all into perspective really, doesn't it.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.

As I'm sure many did this Monday morning, I signed on after a weekend of being out of touch, and discovered that my breath had suddenly left me.

Tears shed for one of a cast that I, for five years, considered dear friends (and still do). No other show or film touched me, reached into my soul, or moved me like Bablyon 5. When SiL aired, my breath left me in much the same way as it has this morning. I felt then as if my best friend had just died...and now one of them has.

The universe, both imagined and physical, will never be the same.

Marcus once made a comment in B5 about the universe being unfair...indeed. I find myself grasping for some word, some comforting thought, and nothing emerges. Just the pain of loss and the deep concern for Rick's family and friends. As much as we are hurting right now, I can't imagine how deeply they are wounded.

His voice will continue to echo down the halls of our lifes -- forever.

Peace and light go with you Rick.

CE

"Nothing's the same anymore."

I can't believe it. Of all the cast members, he was the one whose appearance had changed the least on those DVD commentaries. At 43, he was the second youngest castmember after Claudia Christian.
Such a shame.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back