• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

B5 Novels

I found this list on a B5 site:

THE NOVELS

(This first set of books was published by Dell, and are not generally regarded as canon,
with the exception of Books #7 and #9, for reasons noted in the entries.)
#1: Voices
#2: Accusations
#3: Blood Oath
#4: Clark's Law
#5: The Touch of Your Shadow, The Whisper of Your Name
#6: Betrayals
#7: The Shadow Within
#8: Personal Agendas
#9: To Dream in the City of Sorrows

(The following are the novels published by DelRey,
and as they are all based on original storylines by J. Michael Straczynski,
they are considered to be canon.)

Psi Corps Trilogy
Dark Genesis: The Birth of the Psi Corps
Deadly Relations: Bester Ascendant
Final Reckoning: The Fate of Bester

Legions of Fire
The Long Night of Centauri Prime
Armies of Light and Dark
Out of the Darkness

The Passing of the Techno-Mages
Casting Shadows
Summoning Light
Invoking Darkness

THE COMICS

The Price of Peace (Issues 1 - 4)
Shadows Past and Present (Issues 5 - 8)
Laser - Mirror - Starweb (Issues 9 & 10)
The Psi Corps and You (Issue 11)
In Valen's Name

This reminds me. I need to reinvest in completing my B5 Book collection, and replace a couple of them that got damaged.

Rommie ^_^

Just finished To Dream in the City of Sorrows for the first time (took a while to get around to it....) and, I must say, I was impressed. I thought she wrote the characters ver well and true to themselves. It did a nice job of filling in the gaps, and was definitely a good read.

Now I need to force myself to finish the psi corps trilogy... the first book didn't impress me much, so I stopped there, but I've heard it gets better. Thing is, Iit's been so long and I've forgotten so much that I'll have to suffer through the first one again before I can read the toher two.

Yeah, I didn't care much for the first book in the Psi trilogy either, but the next two are indeed better. :)

Now I need to force myself to finish the psi corps trilogy... the first book didn't impress me much, so I stopped there, but I've heard it gets better.

It does get better.

Thing is, Iit's been so long and I've forgotten so much that I'll have to suffer through the first one again before I can read the toher two.
Oh, I don't know.

The Centauri and Technomage trilogies are each trilogies that tell one big story, so that you really want to have the events of the previous book (or two) pretty fresh in your mind.

The Psi Corps trilogy leans much more toward being three books that are sequels to each other because the are in the same "world" and share some of the same characters (and/or include some characters that are descendants of earlier characters). However, they really didn't strike me as being one big story where the previous book was almost like earlier chapters of the current book.

I'm in the minority. It took me a bit to warm up to all the new characters in Book 1 of the PsiCorps trilogy, but, I found it enjoyable, and it does definitely give you a sense of the history of PsiCorps, as well as show you where Bester came from.

I found book 1 of the Psi Corps trilogy to be an interesting read, as well.

I was just saying that if someone didn't enjoy it, they don't necessarily need to re-read it before going back to the second book of the trilogy. The books of that trilogy stand more apart from each other in that regard than the books in the other two trilogies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back